5.0 out of 5 stars Expert says best breastfeeding book
In my roles as a La Leche League Leader, an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, and a Registered Lactation Consultant I have spent many years working side by side with many mothers and fathers as they experience both the enjoyment of breastfeeding and the challanges.

This book, in my opinion, is the single best book available on breastfeeding...
Published on Sept. 2 2010 by Linda Crawford

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning
La Leche League can be very helpful for woman choosing to breastfeed. However, when I was a young mother, my 4-week old son was not gaining enough weight and was instructed to alternate breast with bottle by his paediatrician. the Le Leche League told me that if I chose to "expose" my son to "artificial nutrition" then he may loose 10 points on his IQ, be more susceptible...
Published 9 months ago by Renee Stiers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Expert says best breastfeeding book, Sept. 2 2010
Linda Crawford (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (Paperback)

This book, in my opinion, is the single best book available on breastfeeding. If you are pregnant and only buying one book on breastfeeding this should be it. If you are looking for a wonderful, supportive gift to give to a friend or relative who is far away this should be it. If you want the right book beside you to support you and guide you this should be it.

Why do I rate this book so highly? It is warm, supportive, informative, current and practical. Its easy to read. It doesn't talk down to you and it isn't a medical text. The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding -8th edition - is like having that wonderful auntie beside you at 3 in the morning. You know the auntie I mean - the one who loves you, supports you and doesn't judge you, always says the right thing when you need it.

There are other excellent breastfeeding books out there. Books I recommend when there are special circumstances. But this is the single best one available.

This is the perfect gift to give anyone pregnant or with a baby. She will think of you warmly when she finds it says the most helpful thing at the most helpful moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Breastfeeding Book, July 21 2010
This review is from: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (Paperback)
Lots of current information yet easily readable. Everything from pre-birth preparations, getting started, breastfeeding at different ages and stages, nighttime nursing, combining breastfeeding and working, technical help for difficult situations, starting solids and weaning -- all in a warm, supportive, makes-sense presentation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book! Wonderful resource!!!, Nov. 10 2010
This review is from: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (Paperback)
What a great book. So well written, and full of clearly stated, supportive information. The only breastfeeding book most of us will ever need!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every new mother, July 24 2010
S. Quarrington (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (Paperback)
This book should be the first one every mother to be receives. Years of experience and the wisdom of the best current breastfeeding experts (including Canadian author Teresa Pitman) combine to make this your best friend during those first nerve wracking days home with a new baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, Dec 31 2010
This review is from: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (Paperback)
As a first time mom, I knew I wanted to breastfeed, but didn't know anything about it I wanted to be sure I educated myself so that I had a certain comfort level and confidence, since I had heard breastfeeding is not always easy for all women, especially at first. I thought this book was EXCELLENT. Clearly written and organized, and up to date. All the information you need! I also bought Jack Newman's book, but found this one to be much better organized and easier to read. One note: this book is very pro-attachment parenting, including emphasizing co-sleeping and baby wearing, etc. Some of this stuff was not necessarily a good fit for me, but I think regardless of your parenting style this book will be very helpful. My baby slept in his crib in his own room from day one, but I still loved this book and urge every woman who plans to breastfeed to buy it. Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic, Feb. 25 2011
This review is from: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (Paperback)
I read the 7th edition and wasn't thrilled, but picked up the 8th edition as part of my training and read it out on the patio in the sun as if it was a typical summer book (i.e. novel). It was great!

After reading it, not only was I proud of my breastfeeding experience, but also I was proud of my birth, of my decisions as a parent, of my child. Overall, I was now a confident mother. All this from one book. It also convinced me to become an LLL Leader. Normally leaders give information and support, not advice, but advice I do give is: "Buy it, you won't regret it!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had it earlier!, Aug. 23 2010
This review is from: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (Paperback)
I am the nursing mother of a 16 month old. The first 6 months of our breastfeeding relationship were difficult to say the least. I experienced every problem you could imagine. I wish someone had told me about this book before I had my daughter. I bought it a month ago, and have found the information incredibly useful even now that our breastfeeding relationship is very well established. The chapter on nursing a toddler has really made me feel good about my decision to continue to breastfeed. All expectant mothers who plan to breastfeed should buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for every new mother and mother to be, Aug. 7 2010
This review is from: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (Paperback)
Very comprehensive, very easy to read, very well written. A big improvement on the old editions. Packed with valuable up-to-date information. Liked that there was a section on toddler-nursing. And good help in the sleep department. I recommend this book to nursing moms and also to pregnant moms as a great way to prepare themselves for breastfeeding and mothering.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Valuable Information, Jan. 2 2011
This review is from: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (Paperback)
Wanting to be successful at breastfeeding, I found this book filled with important information I didn't know before. It takes a strong stand against certain practices like not having pain medication during childbirth, however, if you overlook some of the opinion, it will help you be successful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always the best, April 10 2013
This review is from: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (Paperback)
The best baby feeding book there is. La Leche League is awesome. Anyone planning to have a baby or who has a baby already--or even if you know people with babies-- should read it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League International (Paperback - July 13 2010)
CDN$ 24.00 CDN$ 17.33