4.0 out of 5 stars Predictably enjoyable.......
As with the other 16 books in the Stephanie Plum series, Evanovich brings together our favourite quirky characters in a series of murders and mishaps. Light reading, entertaining, amusing, and predictable.......
Published on Jan. 1 2012 by CherylN

3.0 out of 5 stars The book was well read. I had not realized ...
The book was well read. I had not realized that it was a withdrawn book from a public library in the US.
Published 1 month ago by Brenda Chipperfield

4.0 out of 5 stars Predictably enjoyable......., Jan. 1 2012
This review is from: Smokin' Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Mass Market Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Smokin Seventeen, Jan. 15 2014
Same as the others. Good . I enjoyed reading the book but not really has funny as the previous books

5.0 out of 5 stars Fatastic Book, Jan. 14 2014
Oh my lord. This book was so very entertaining and well thought out. I recommend this book to anyone that loves Janet Evanovich.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Dec 3 2013
Arrived in a super timely fashion (I was impressed). Book was in perfect, brand new condition. Excellent packaging. Also, this book (and the whole series for that matter) is a fantastic read - definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out Loud Funny, Aug. 22 2013
From the first page to the last, this book kept my interest. I find the Stepanie Plum novels most relaxing/entertaining and laugh out loud funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read them all!, June 21 2013
B. Arthurs-jones (Canada) - See all my reviews
I love this series. Bubblegum for the tired brain. A good, entertaining book that keeps you turning the page to see what happens next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fans will favour this one in the hackneed series, May 13 2013
Cee Ess - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
First of all, the books can be read separately, but it makes much more sense if you read them in sequence. I read one to 18 from January to May and am waiting for my hold on 19 (the latest one) to be available through the library. It's been come a "to do" list item at this point.

I rated number 17 as four stars (generous overall but you have to like the series) because I thought it was one of the better books in the saga. I don't read them for the mystery as much as for the romance and character humour. And since I favour Ranger over Morrelli, I liked that Stephanie let down her guard with him (thanks to the spell by Bella).

The author needs to stop teasing fans and keep them invested by making Stephanie choose a future already!! I would at least make her take college night courses to be a PI. Evanovich needs to create a scope wider than rehashing and remixing the same storyline 20 times, otherwise I think I'll bail soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Back on Track, Aug. 8 2011
Bernie Koenig (London, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Art Matters: The Art of Knowledge/The Knowledge of Art

After a few duds Janet is back on track with this one. To refer to the bad review above, who reads these for the plot? These books are about character, and character interplay. And this book has it all.

There is Grandma who is in good form again. Of course there is Ranger and Morelli---and they even have to work together.

There are some great scenes with Stephanie and Ranger.

And then there is Dave, someone who has family in the Burg and comes to live with them after something happened to his business elsewhere. Everyone is trying to match up Dave and Stephanie. Dave loves to cook and turns up unannounced at Stephanie's to cook dinner.

This book was dead on and I actually laughed out loud in some places.

let us hope 18 keeps the heat and the laughter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny as hell!, Aug. 5 2011
I love the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. If you are looking for a belly laugh - snort out loud - type of book, then you will definitely find it with this series! I like to read these books in between very suspenseful books. Lots of entertainment for sure.

3.0 out of 5 stars The book was well read. I had not realized ..., Nov. 11 2014

Smokin' Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Smokin' Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich (Mass Market Paperback - Nov. 15 2011)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.92