5.0 out of 5 stars Twilight for Adults
I don't think E.L. James ever intended these books to be considered high literature. For those that harp on about how repetitive the books are, you're missing the point. These books were meant to be a guilty pleasure - something that you, non-chalantly, admit to reading when someone else brings it up enthusiastically.

I knew what these books were about when I...
Published on June 17 2012 by Mayette

3.0 out of 5 stars Love it or Hate it
The Fifty Shades trilogy has been hot on everyone's radar. It can be said that you'll either love it or hate it.

I bought the trilogy colletion in paperback for my girlfriend. She enjoyed them. Of course the subject matter does tickle the taboo of a BDSM relationship.

I have read a few passages and I find the author to lack true storytelling...
Published 4 months ago by Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Twilight for Adults, June 17 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Freed 3-volume Boxed Set (Paperback)

I knew what these books were about when I bought them. The first book was the most "erotic" out of all of them. By the second book, I got drawn into the story and the relationship between the two main characters. Is it a healthy relationship? No. Is it an ideal relationship? No. Is it a relationship that, if it happened in real life to my sister or my best friend, I would cheer on the way I did when I read the book? Most certainly not. But this isn't real life and the books are not meant to be read with a critical eye. It is one of those stories where you just have to let your sensibilities go. Besides, you're reading erotica. It's not really about how tight the storyline is!

If you're anything like me, I love these books not just for the naughty bits or the whirlwind relationship, but because I want to believe (naively or not) that a man as damaged as the title character can be saved, just by loving the right woman.

Enjoy it for what it is - a good, dirty, heart-swooning escape from your everyday!

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves this book and is finally sex........., July 25 2012
I bought the trilogy set for my wife and she loves the books. We have a 6 and 4 year old children and she also is FINALLY back into wanting to have sex again. Is it because of the book? Who knows, but I'm just keeping my mouth shut and doing all the housework when she reads her books.

Gentlemen (buy this trilogy set for your wives and) start your engines!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars YES, you should read these books, March 23 2013
This is a wonderful & powerfull LOVE story, A modern day fairy tail with lots of passion, I really loved reading all of it !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, March 5 2013
I heard so much about this book that I thought I better give it a try. I had know idea it was a Erotic Romance (which I NEVER read) I was hooked on the book after the first chapter and had a hard time putting it down.

4.0 out of 5 stars wow, Oct. 17 2012
All i can say is wow! What a read! I couldnt put them down. Yes it is by far an adult read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book Ever, Sept. 25 2012
Natalie Joyce (Canada) - See all my reviews
So far I'm only part way through the first book but it is so intense it makes me want to keep reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining!, Aug. 27 2012
Nancy Bolduc (Gatineau, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
Though not my tipycal type of reading, everyone was talking about this trilogy. It may be a little repetitive and redondant, but I enjoyed the story very much and am looking forward to seeing the movie that will come out of it. It is a very entertaining, yet a little amusing book... not to take too seriously but useful even to spice up any relationships. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL, June 21 2012
I was told about these books before i started to read them. It is a new world that i was unable to put the book down. you'll find yourself reading and wanting more. It is an erotic book. However it was beautifully written that you are consumed by the book. By far one of the bests books i have read in awhile. Wonderful job writing the book, great story. 10,000 stars for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars PRETTY GOOD I THINK, Aug. 20 2014
I'm not really a bookworm type of girl, so when ppl were commenting on how poorly the book was written I didn't really read too much into it. Even tho it seemed the authors vocab was limited descriptively, all in all these were good books. I liked the storyline and althought I thought the sexy stuff was quite tame it still kept me interested. Read them all in a week and can't wait to see what they do with it on screen. Gonna have to reread the first one before Valentines Day:)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED it, June 15 2012
Deb (Calgary, AB CANADA) - See all my reviews
OK, I sympathize if you're unaware of the content of this book (?) before you buy it, but the fact is, even tho' the subject matter is unusual, E. L. James has done a brilliant job with it. It could have been bizarre, it could have been perverted. She made is something quite beautiful, actually, once I was able to look past my previous sexual blinders. She has created 3 dimensional people and has made them rise, right off the page. Christian is so damaged and so loveable that you find yourself struggling, along with Anastasia, with how to deal with him. I fell in love with him and couldn't turn the pages of all three books fast enough. I'm only sorry that the trilogy is over. Thanks, E. L. James. This book is good for the soul.

CDN$ 53.85 CDN$ 26.92