march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

This "novel" is gritty and raw. The author claims it's a novel, but I think in fact, much of the book is a parallel to his own life in the slums of Bombay. This is not a pretty book, nor is it a feel good book. But it will take you deep into the depths of the slums, and deep into the depths of a soul that has seen hell and come back. Yet, there are redeeming features in both those slums and that soul. The book is hefty at 944 pages but I read it in a single day because I could not put it down. I already have the sequel, equally as lengthy, on order. A third book in the series is promised to be a prequel.
on April 30, 2016
Good read
on April 22, 2016
Excellent read. Well written, great story line with enough fact to make you think it is, a true story. Would recommend to anyone interested in other cultures.
on April 20, 2016
A+
on April 18, 2016
Truth better than fiction . Lets go with the movie !
on March 26, 2016
Fantastic book. Even though it is long I was sad when it ended. Particularly when he described Bombay I truly felt I was transported to be right there with him, his descriptions were so on point and fascinating. Will be gifting more copies of it to my book lover friends.
on March 9, 2016
I loved this book and didnt want it to end. I learned a lot about India from this book and thought of it in more of a positive view after reading this novel. I enjoyed the philosophical bent within the story line, which made me learn and think. Entertaining, engaging, educational and emotional......all the things I love in a good book. Cant wait to read the sequel.
on March 2, 2016
lecture fatastique si vous êtes de passage à Mumbai, mais je le recommande à tous ceux qui aiment yoyager
on February 26, 2016
Best book ever. My second read just as exciting, entertaining and insightful as the first time round. I seldom read a novel twice, but this book deserves another go!
on February 25, 2016
Interesting read. Having visited India a few times myself, it evokes an authentic feeling of the complexity of Indian society and its multi layered cultures...