biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on January 18, 2016
Loved the story, really appreciated his way with words, and it drew considerable discussion in book club.

Although I've read half a dozen or more novels based in India, this one had one very distinctive difference: the author had a true love for India and his perception, even of the filth and slums, gave the reader a whole new way of seeing India through his eyes and experience.

Would I recommend it? Definitely. (for plot line or synopsis see the hundreds of other reviews online)
on January 10, 2016
Just as described, great price too!
on January 9, 2016
Beguiling, frustrating and soaring chasing each other inside your head. And predictably leaving you wanting more. I kept thinking I hated this pompous goof until I landed on tolerating him for the sake of a good book. Be prepared to be challenged but if you hang in, you will be glad you did... or not.
on January 4, 2016
Riveting!
on December 28, 2015
Excellent book. Recommended it.
on December 3, 2015
A truly great book. An insight to India and its customs and values.
on November 26, 2015
Great book, super entertaining with lots of practical wisdom and commentary.
on November 21, 2015
Arrived on time, no problems, it was what I expected.
on November 4, 2015
One of the best books I've ever read! I'm now on to the sequel.
on September 12, 2015
It started out okay, interesting. But as I read on, I came to realize the fabric of the work fell apart. Perhaps it should have been called Shamtaram.