5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly Innovative
Published on Dec 26 2007 by Andrea Bales

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth reading
I thought this book might be an interesting take on classic stories but it was just silly. I didn't even finish reading it.
Instead of buying this book buy the first book of "Fifty Shades", now there's a book you wouldn't be about to put down.
Published 11 months ago by Tagan

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly Innovative, Dec 26 2007
This review is from: Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories For Women (Paperback)
Nancy Madore's book gives us another refreshingly different angle on erotica, fitting the stories within our favourite fairy stories is a brilliant idea and gives a whole new dimension to the genre. It works and it works very well and it is done in a superb style, short storey versions of classic literature. I've always favoured the short story format over the sometimes long winded novel, some of which seem to take ages before anyone gets into bed. So this book gets my five stars and very deservedly so. Highly recommended for getting you in the mood for love, maybe you could even read it to your partner to get them in the mood as well.

I think this will come to be regarded as a classic of erotic literature, and rightly so, even my husband liked it. Something else I found recently in the erotic short story genre, though set in modern times, is Suzie Van Aartman's 100 Percent Erotica. There's some fantasy in that, if you can believe the size of some of the character's appendages. Plus it was so very sexually explicit and up close and raunchy, that I had to change my underwear after reading it. Check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairytales with a twist, Jan. 17 2004
The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers (RAWSISTAZ.com and BlackBookReviews.net) - See all my reviews
BEDTIME STORIES FOR WOMEN are guaranteed to give rise to your senses...and your libido. You will never read fairytales the same way after reading one of these stories. My personal favorites were "Beauty and the Beast," "Cat and Mouse," "Goldilocks and the Three Barons," "East of the Sun and West of the Moon," and "Snow White in the Woods." Each had me fantasizing, wanting more and still leaving much to the imagination.
Ms. Madore expresses sensuality/sexuality without using the vulgarity or crass words that have began to plague modern day erotica. BEDTIME STORIES FOR WOMEN are told in an eloquent manner that is insatiable; they may even tempt you to want to create your own ending. Curl up with your significant other and prepare to read him a bedtime story. I must warn you that these stories are not meant to put him to sleep, but to wake him instead. I look forward to reading other erotica stories written by Ms. Madore; I'm sure I won't be disappointed by her fairytales with a twist.
Reviewed by Ess Mays
of The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth reading, Nov. 17 2013
This review is from: Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories For Women (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Short-lived Samples of a Potentially Delicious Read, March 6 2009
This review is from: Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories For Women (Paperback)
When i read the summary for this novel i was intrigued-- the author had hit a landmine of potential, but i'm afraid i'm not as enthousiastic as to where she took it.

The stories could have been amazing, but i think that the author tried cramming too many stories into a single book; they would have had a better impact if they were long enough to give the reader time to connect with the protagonists. She touched on many topics (perhaps, too many), but only superficially, fleetingly.

Still, she had many fresh ideas, and so it was still quite enjoyable to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfectly sumptuous re-write of the old classics!, May 17 2004
By A Customer
What a wonderful book! I loved this grown up version of the fairy tales. The stories, the writing and the fantasies were perfect. It is hard to single out one story over the other, but I particulary enjoyed "cat and mouse", which was a wonderfully written story about the sensuality in the battle of the sexes. "Beauty and the beast" was another of my favorites, and after reading those steamy scenes with the beast, I wouldn't have wanted the prince after that either! Another fabulous story was "bluebeard", who doesn't try to kill his wife in this version (unless she dies from pleasure). Then there was "goldilocks and the three barons" which was hilarious until it suddenly became quite hot and erotic. I even loved "the ugly duckling", which was not as sensual as the other stories, but made up for that in romance. I really appreciated the ideas and observations about women that the author scattered throughout the stories. They felt like kind words from a dear friend. I highly recommend this book to women of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully written, July 9 2006
This review is from: Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories For Women (Paperback)
This is an amazing take on the classic fairy tales. The stories are beautifully erotic and each of them describe a different fantasy, so you are not just getting the same thing over and over like in some short story collections. I also found the tales to also be funny, romantic and very entertaining. I loved it...five stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars These fairy tales are very special!, Feb. 22 2004
I loved the way these erotic stories were written. They are very sexual, and that was great, but they make you think too. I really appreciated the feminist ideas expressed in the book that were mingled into the stories. The erotic fantasies and stories not only turned me on sexually but also mentally. This is an uplifting book to read, and although it definitely did not make me feel like going to sleep, it sure did make me feel like a woman.
Thank you Ms. Madore!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of extras, March 8 2007
This review is from: Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories For Women (Paperback)
This is a really good book of erotic stories that I enjoyed. I usually don't write reviews but I thought this was exceptional and deserved it. There is much more than just erotica in this book. I liked the ideas presented by this writer. I liked the way she wrote the stories. There is alot to enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, March 25 2004
By A Customer
I loved it! If you like reading erotica and romance, this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, March 29 2007
This review is from: Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories For Women (Paperback)
U will LOVE this book. I was totally thrilled with the stories and didn't feel guilty or stupid reading them. It is very intellegently done. It reminded me of Lady Chatterly's Lover or something from that era.

Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories For Women
Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories For Women by Nancy Madore (Paperback - June 20 2006)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01