boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Auto Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on June 13, 2010
Usually, I love Gena's work she's a one of a kind great author! This book though.. I loved it just like the rest and ate it up in only problem..the ending.. Don't read this if you haven't read it yet so I don't spoil anything, but if you continue, it will be below...

Aeron, the immortal warrior, with the wings on his back and body full of tattoo's...Possesed by the demon Wrath..that's who he was..that's how we knew him from the rest that's what he's come to be. He's come to grasp with him Demon, they fell in love with a fallen Angel Olivia, but the ending... Olivia gets her wings back and Aeron is never the same again..He was reunited with his body.. without his wings..without his demon..without his tattoo's...His demon was given to Paris' love interest Sienna.. Now it bothers me the demon is part of them..somehow the demon should have been reunited with him.. Close the end the demon said..Goodbye Aeron since he knew that he was going to die (Aeron) and the demon released...Cronus king of the God's put the bodyless demon inside of Paris' love. It bothers me, yes he's still immortal, but now besides William, he's without his demon he's had for thousands of years. I think he should have been reunited..HOPEFULLY they will be in the future books, I don't want to give up hope.. somehow maybe they'll be reunited.. hopefully. Anyway.. sorry just venting
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 4, 2015
Showalter returns to the world of her Lords of the Underworld with action and flair. She continues to develop the world in the same larger than life manner that we’ve come to know and love from her. The plot is well thought out, with enough twists and turns to keep me coming back for more. I love the mixing and melding of mythologies and religions. They added an extra thought component to the action packed and suspenseful tale.

Wrath made me giggle a time or two. His well-defined ‘wants’ were an intriguing departure from the usual sense we see from the demons. I liked the peek into the other Lords’ lives as we get down and dirty with Aeron, Olivia, and of course, Legion. Gideon telling stories is absolutely hilarious. The unspoken ones were also a welcome addition to the series. I like how they were well developed in their mysteriousness. I can’t wait to see what twists they bring into the series.

Chemistry and suspense rule the day in this fantastic addition to Showalter’s fast paced series. This was a novel that I could barely put down and that has me dying to read the sequel.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 11, 2010
THE DARKEST PASSION is book #5 in the fantastic and addictive Lords Of The Underworld series and this time its all about the winged and tattooed immortal Aeron. A warrior cursed (along with several others) after opening Pandora's box and bound ever since to a demon, his being Wrath (sort of like a devilish alter ego you can't ignore)

Recently Aeron has sensed an invisible female presence around him and here we learn that she is in fact an angel-demon assassin sent to kill him. Of course nothing is as it seems with this series and when Aeron confronts this angel, Olivia claims that she means him no harm, that she couldn't kill him and has in fact fallen. Giving up immortality and her life in the clouds to experience her now earthly life with him. It's a match made in Heaven/Hell right? What could be easier then a demon lord and a fallen angel hooking up? Throw in Lucifer, Shadow girl and Aeron's altered little venom spitting girlfriend Legion, more deals and bargains with Greek gods then I could keep track of, a continuing war with the `hunters' and you've got yourself the makings of a perfect romance.

This was a great read and an excellent addition to the series as a whole and really is worthy of 5 stars however because I didn't read HEART OF DARKNESS first which (who knew) contained Lords Of The Underworld 4.5 there were major plot holes and a whole lot of confusion in the beginning chapters along with certain details that were never filled in. For example how and when did one of the immortals get both of his hands cut off? I just hate it when authors put semi-important details or move along an ongoing series within an anthology. I've been burned too many times with them, spending the money to read 75 pages and usually only enjoying or bothering with the one story by the one author. I won`t be reading HOD on principle alone now. Anyways enough with my rant. Did I mention how sexy this book is?

Yeah sexy and erotic too, that Showalter can sure write a love scene. Aeron as our hero is awesome he's also the one most in harmony with his demon and as the protector, the one that keeps the others safe. Covered in gruesome tattoos from top to bottom he also sports a pair of wings, flying around during battles and in one instance during love making (that was a new one for me, sex while in flight!) And as improbable as it seems his and Olivia's romance is a perfect match, once the pair get out of the bedroom that is (I just have to say why does Showalter deem it necessary to lock every one of her heroines in a warriors bedroom for a period of time while one or the other recovers and until the warrior and demon both declare "mine" Its done in almost every book and frankly its getting boring.)

Our couple face insurmountable odds with exciting twists, kidnappings, double crossings and in the end the ultimate sacrifice in the name of love. The ending is ...well you'll get your HEA but at what cost?

THE DARKEST LIE #6 has been set up perfectly for Gideon and his long lost ----- and because of the events in the last couple of chapters many new and exciting doors have been opened up for this series as a whole. Cheers.