4.0 out of 5 stars A well-organized, logical, pocketable guide.
Published on Oct. 8 1998 by Robert F. Weir

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much on where to eat and stay
The maps in this book were nice. 4 or 5 maps of different sections of the city and one nice subway map. BUT, the guide was heavy on where to eat and stay. I just prefer a map and info on the things to do in a city. I usually have my hotel reservation before I arrive.
Published on Dec 7 2000 by Dianne Wilburn

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much on where to eat and stay, Dec 7 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars I DON'T LIKE KNOPF CITY GUIDES, Oct. 25 2000
UNCLE NORMY (CALIFORNIA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knopf City Guide: Milan (Paperback)
Don't confuse the Knopf city guide with the Knopf Guide. The Knopf Guides are quite good. The city guide, of which I have mistakenly bought several, is very short, and devotes at least 80% to where to eat, where to stay, where to shop, where to find night life...20% or less useful info of what to visit if your'e a tourist. And the maps are pretty useless too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A well-organized, logical, pocketable guide., Oct. 8 1998
Robert F. Weir "robfweir" (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knopf City Guide: Milan (Paperback)
I travel alot both for business and pleasure. I usually buy four to six guides per trip but the guide that I relied on for my trip to Madrid last month made my trip very, very enjoyable. The new Knopf City Guides are nicely organized and color coded to meet the travelers most sought after needs. Where to stay, eat, shop, see sights, enjoy night life are cross referenced and expertly mapped. Not only do they stick to their view of the highlights but each of the sections make it easy to find other attractions outside the section of interest. For instance, the micro map views in the shopping section also contained numbered,colored references to the after hours and eating sections. I would highly recommend these guides to anyone visiting the cities covered.

ARRAY(0xc2808294)

Knopf City Guide: Milan
Knopf City Guide: Milan by Knopf Guides (Paperback - April 14 1998)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.19