march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on July 26, 2003
I was a bit disappointed when I first read this book to myself because I thought that it wasn't nearly as good as the original, but I was pleasantly surprised that my 28 month old nephew loves this book because it stars his favorite Sesame Street character, Elmo! He is also in this phase in which he loves monsters, so can you blame him for loving it? It apparently was not a waste of money like I thought it would be. He always requests "Another marmar book!" (Translation: Another monster book!) Basically the book is about Grover not wanting to get to end of the book because there is supposed to be a monster there, but Elmo tries to convince him throughout the book to go see the monster at the end of the book. Like in the first book, Grover does everything he can to get you to stop turning the pages, but Elmo eggs you on to turn the pages! Grover finally agrees to see the monster at the end of the book, and he is pleasantly surprised to find that HE and Elmo are the monsters at the end of the book! It is written with quotation bubbles above the heads of the characters, so that is a little different from the original text writing. Highly recommended to toddlers!
on October 29, 2002
This Book was about Grover, from sesame street, who thought he seen a monster at the end of the book so he was trying to get you not to turn the page because he is afraid of monsters. But then at the end of the book the monster was he and he was not so afraid any more and he was embarrassed.
I liked this book because it was by Sesame Street and it was funny. I think that a lot of little kids would like to read this book because it was surprising who the monster was really at the end of the book. And it showed you not to be afraid of all monsters and all monsters are not really that bad. I also liked this book because it was short and just about any little kid would enjoy it and they could read it too. I recommend this book for any kid. It is very enjoyable.
on February 1, 2011
THis item was sent as a gift, so I cannot attest to its quality, however I have heard no complaints from the mother of the child who received the book. I can say however that this seller sent the item quickly and it arrived before the estimated time. :) This makes me extremely happy as it was to be a Christmas gift after the childs previous gift was lost for nearly month and never recieved( not from this seller but from SearsCA) Anyway, Thanks, I appreciate your quick shipping time!
on September 22, 2014
The only reason it didn't get 5 stars, is because the pages and cover were offset. The covers width was just short of the pages. Bad printer!
But AWESOME book! My dad read it to me as a kid all the time, now I get to read it with my boys :)
on August 12, 2013
My kids (4&3.5) LOVE this book, every time we read it! They each take turns "turning" the page in anticipation of finding the "monster" (GROVER) at the end of the book.
on December 17, 2003
This is a good book because I was in suspense the whole time wondering who the monster was and what he did to stop me was funny.
on January 3, 2011
Both my 3 and 5 year old LOVE this book - it's guaranteed giggles everytime! It shows up frequently on our bedtime stack!
on December 9, 2014
Since my grandson loved the first one (Monster at the end of this Book) he is also liking this one.
on December 9, 2014
Okay but not as good as the original, but still a cute story