march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 28, 1999
This book is a beautifully written insight into the true nature of the chimpanzee. Roger Fouts shows us that chimpanzees are individual personalities with very human characteristics. The fact that these chimpanzees have learned American Sign language (ASL)is only the beginning of the wonders this book details. From their sense of humor to the touching evidence that they feel fear, sadness and loneliness; this book has changed my life. Everyone must read this book!
on November 17, 1998
I read this book in one day, I put aside everything else because I couldn't put this book down. It is one of the most compelling and thought-provoking book I've ever read. The kind of compassion Washoe and Roger have for the people around them has inspired me immensely. I cannot help but tell other people who are not interested in "monkeys" by relating the story of Lucy's behavior in front of a Playgirl magazine! That should be familiar enough!
on July 8, 2004
This was the best book I've read in years. It is extremely moving, and just changed me as a person. It made me realize that animals are just like humans, with the same simple needs, food, water, shelter, and most importantly, love and respect. They shouldn't be treated as animals just because they look different.
I think this is a must read for everyone, regardless of whether or not you like animals.
on August 11, 1999
I just finished reading this wonderful book. It realy toched me.It tought me so much about chimanzees and humanbeens our links and conection. It also made me so motivated to do something for these wonderful creaturs wellbeeing. I recomend it to anyone to read it. They will learn so much.Like I said its a gooldbook.
on June 22, 2015
Quelle histoire! Je suis passé par toute la gamme des émotions! J'ai beaucoup appris sur notre cousin, le chimpanzé, mais aussi sur son histoire avec l'humain. Nous avons une grande réflexion à faire, en tant qu'espèce la plus "intelligente". La nature et ses habitants ont encore beaucoup à nous apprendre!
on April 11, 2000
This is one of the best books ever written. It is a true story told with obvious sincerity, full of incredible support for why we should believe in our connection to chimpanzees and all other life on earth. It can never be forgotten.
on January 17, 2003
This is a really wonderful book. The relaxed style draws you in easily, and the mixture of science and compassion make this a unique read. Reading this book taught me a lot about the evolution of intelligence in primates.
on August 23, 1999
This is an excellent book. Make the time to read the first chapter, after that you won't put it down. -Enlightenment is a good thing.
on April 26, 2016