‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've read in years!, Feb. 28 1999
This review is from: Next Of Kin (Paperback)
This book is a beautifully written insight into the true nature of the chimpanzee. Roger Fouts shows us that chimpanzees are individual personalities with very human characteristics. The fact that these chimpanzees have learned American Sign language (ASL)is only the beginning of the wonders this book details. From their sense of humor to the touching evidence that they feel fear, sadness and loneliness; this book has changed my life. Everyone must read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A most compelling and thought-provoking book, Nov. 17 1998
This review is from: Next Of Kin (Paperback)
I read this book in one day, I put aside everything else because I couldn't put this book down. It is one of the most compelling and thought-provoking book I've ever read. The kind of compassion Washoe and Roger have for the people around them has inspired me immensely. I cannot help but tell other people who are not interested in "monkeys" by relating the story of Lucy's behavior in front of a Playgirl magazine! That should be familiar enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, July 8 2004
By A Customer
This was the best book I've read in years. It is extremely moving, and just changed me as a person. It made me realize that animals are just like humans, with the same simple needs, food, water, shelter, and most importantly, love and respect. They shouldn't be treated as animals just because they look different.
I think this is a must read for everyone, regardless of whether or not you like animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is like gold -read it, Aug. 11 1999
This review is from: Next Of Kin (Paperback)
I just finished reading this wonderful book. It realy toched me.It tought me so much about chimanzees and humanbeens our links and conection. It also made me so motivated to do something for these wonderful creaturs wellbeeing. I recomend it to anyone to read it. They will learn so much.Like I said its a gooldbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL, April 11 2000
This review is from: Next Of Kin (Paperback)
This is one of the best books ever written. It is a true story told with obvious sincerity, full of incredible support for why we should believe in our connection to chimpanzees and all other life on earth. It can never be forgotten.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, Jan. 17 2003
This review is from: Next Of Kin (Paperback)
This is a really wonderful book. The relaxed style draws you in easily, and the mixture of science and compassion make this a unique read. Reading this book taught me a lot about the evolution of intelligence in primates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding., Aug. 23 1999
This review is from: Next Of Kin (Paperback)
This is an excellent book. Make the time to read the first chapter, after that you won't put it down. -Enlightenment is a good thing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Next Of Kin
Next Of Kin by Roger Fouts (Paperback - Sept. 1 1998)
CDN$ 18.50 CDN$ 13.36