5.0 out of 5 stars Stress Relief During Pregnancy
I read this book while I was pregnant with my first child and really appreciated the dose of humor it brought amid all the more serious baby books I was reading at the time. Funny and so true to many couples' situations as they embark on that wild journey into parenthood.
Published on July 3 2007 by Painter Mommy

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny, indeed... but not as engaging as I expected
Published on June 30 2004 by Manny Hernandez

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stress Relief During Pregnancy, July 3 2007
This review is from: Babyhood (Hardcover)

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny, indeed... but not as engaging as I expected, June 30 2004
This review is from: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
I can't say that Paul Reiser's book on babies (making them and having them), "Babyhood", was bad or dull. On the contrary, it was quite funny and packed with thought-provoking comments that make you question some of your irrational behaviors as you're going through the stages of parenthood , both before and after birth. However, I expected a lot more humor from the star and producer of 'Mad About You', arguably one of the best comedy shows ever, along with 'Seinfeld'. On that level, I must recommend as an alternative (a non-stop laughter generator) the book "Being a Dad: The Stuff No One Told Me". I read it shortly before "Babyhood". Though not as deep as this one in some spots, I found it to be a lot funnier than Reiser's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo funny, and soooo true!, Oct. 10 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
My sister gave me this book about 2 months after I give birth to my first baby... I was dying for something good to read, spending so many long hours sitting around at home. THIS WAS THE BEST THING THAT I COULD HAVE PICKED UP! I couldn't stop laughing, as I turned the pages. Everything is sooooo true, but that's what makes it all so funny! I love Paul Reiser's frank writing style. I read the book in two short days, and it's the kind of book that you can pick up and finish at any time.
I would recommend giving this to anyone who has just had a baby! It will be the best thing that they'll receive! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny Book---Husband loves it!!, July 16 2002
S. Valenzano "sallycakes" (Petaluma, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this for my husband for Father's Day, we are expecting July 22nd. He loves it! He's even been reading some of it to me, and we both get a good laugh out of it. We will probably bring it with us to the hospital when we deliver, if we don't finish it first. A great light read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know..., April 3 2002
This review is from: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
Paul Reiser encapsulates the experience of having your first child perfectly. My wife and I had a little boy 4 months ago and are going through, or have gone through, everything that Reiser describes in hilarious detail. I consider this to be one of the funniest books I have ever read. Reiser is particularily adept at pointing out the funny things that a new parent thinks about and is traumatized by. I laughed out loud until my stomach hurt when he described what the baby is thinking and would be saying if they could talk...mainly because I had the same ideas!! I think that is the essence of why this book is such a great read. It speaks to the everyday, normal person and their experiences. If you have, or about to have, or know someone who has, or is about to have their first child...you must read this book!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Babyhood....Excellent!, Feb. 18 2002
L (Fair Haven, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
Babyhood is a perfect book for new parents (and others.)
This is a hilarious look at the bewilderment of becoming new parents with no experience what so ever.
It is the funniest book I have ever read.
I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs laughter in their lives.
I read it on the airplane on the way to Hawaii and couldn't stop laughing.
My fellow passangers couldn't figure out what was so funny...and I was trying to keep the noise level down.
By the end of the flight, they wanted to borrow the book.
Everyone can use some laughter. (You don't have to have a baby to enjoy this book.)
A fantastic book. I have never laughed so hard while reading.
LHW (Giggles)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring the humor back to your marriage, Nov. 17 2001
Crystal L. Heath (Pinckney, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
My husband and I are the proud parents of a 1 and a 2 year old. During a long road trip we baught Paul Reiser's Babyhood to listen to. We haven't laughed that hard and for that long since before the kids. This book will not prepare you for parenting, but it is a great book to give someone about 3-6 months after they become parents, then they might discover what happened to their nouns (you will understand after you read/hear the book). This book might even save some parents-to-be some money. Listen to the book before you go out and spend the big $bucks$ on that jogging stroller. This book let us know that we are not alone. That what we are going through is a normal part of parenting. This book is the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Babyhood by Paul Reiser, Aug. 29 2000
Linda (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
It's really loud out laugh. I am now pregnant and I read this book and I can not help myself laughing and laughing.. It's very natural, very realistic, and I think Paul Reiser is very good father afterall. Funny thing is that I found the same common situation with my husband, which tell me that all this fatherhood thing is somehow connected. For sure, I recommended the highest rank for this book, it's definetely good for relaxing from the stress !

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Observations by a Gifted Comedian, Aug. 14 2000
This review is from: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
As Mr. Reiser states, this is not really a how-to guide on parenting but merely several observations he's made along the way. After recently having a baby (ok not so recent, I had time to read the book right???), I have noticed many similar occurences and found myself laughing out loud. The author touches on many universal subjects that are true to parents from around the world. It is a quick read and I definitely recommend it to all parents if you can find the time!

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU WANT TO RE-READ IT AS SOON AS YOU ARE DONE!, March 6 2000
This review is from: Babyhood (Audio CD)
It is that good. Paul Reiser is just awesome. He makes you laugh and laugh. I had a 4 hour layover at an airport and I read it all in one sitting. And everyone around me was wondering what was so funny and why I had a smile frozen on my face. Topics just hit you hard! And you can relate to every situation he talks about. Anyone can enjoy it but Parents really can get a hysterical laugh. You will honestly laugh out loud on every page. EVERY PAGE! I did and I have read it 3 time. Couplehood is great too! Don't hesitate...Buy them both today. You will NOT regret it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Babyhood
Babyhood by P Reiser (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 1 1998)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01