5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know...
Published on April 3 2002 by Krista Jackson

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame on you Mr. Reiser sir.
Published on Oct. 30 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame on you Mr. Reiser sir., Oct. 30 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
I just don't get it, why can't people tell some jokes in a book for a change? You know, a guy walks into a bar sort of stuff. Now that's funny. I don't like baby jokes. I got this book called a 100 funny jokes and boy, is it funny. It's got a bunch of jokes in it and they sure are funny. When Mr. Reiser writes his next book he should put less baby jokes in it. The book I got has jokes about funny stuff and funny people. There's this one joke, oh wait, I don't want to spoil it for you. Babyhood talks about babies and baby things and doesn't really talk too much about other stuff. If you want a book full of funny stuff, get 100 funny jokes and get it on audio tape it's funnier than the book version. It's read by a guy who's super funny. He should have a T.V. show with Mr. Reiser called "Still Mad About You." That would be funny. I'll probably get Babyhood for my son Jimmy. He likes baby jokes. Although, Babyhood does have a couple of jokes, I didn't like the spots without the jokes, because they weren't funny, not even a little. Although I do appreciate large type books.

2.0 out of 5 stars This book's large type made it much easier to read, Oct. 29 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
This book's large type made it much easier to read that the version printed with a more stingy type. The fact that Paul has the consideration to print something for our less-sighted bretheren shows the true nature of this sub-humanitarian, although the book itself is a tribute from his big heart to our less-intelligent bretheren. Also, maybe in large type the peculiar liverpudlian inflections are more easy to remember. Despite all of his work for the death star, this guy still has his finger on the throat of america and won't stop doing it until he's met all of our expectorations. It's sure sad about his wife; While they may once have said paul is dead, his wife is now. Maybe future pop scholars will label this book, Parenthood, as commedia before the purgatoria about Linda Hunt's timely demise. May I suggest I title? Ex-Husbandhood? And keep the large type for the next work because I like to read this bard's books in the dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know..., April 3 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
Paul Reiser encapsulates the experience of having your first child perfectly. My wife and I had a little boy 4 months ago and are going through, or have gone through, everything that Reiser describes in hilarious detail. I consider this to be one of the funniest books I have ever read. Reiser is particularily adept at pointing out the funny things that a new parent thinks about and is traumatized by. I laughed out loud until my stomach hurt when he described what the baby is thinking and would be saying if they could talk...mainly because I had the same ideas!! I think that is the essence of why this book is such a great read. It speaks to the everyday, normal person and their experiences. If you have, or about to have, or know someone who has, or is about to have their first child...you must read this book!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Light fare, but fun, April 18 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought Reiser's Babyhood on a whim, when my husband and I began to talk seriously about having children. I found it amusing, at times moving, and occasionally, it really rang true for me: I certainly remember "the power of a two inch paper stick," as I am now pregnant! I enjoyed reading bits to my husband as well. I find pregnancy wonderful - but weighty - after all, my life will change for always after the birth of our child. Books which treat pregnancy, childbirth and marriage with irreverance, humour and sheer silliness really help!! If you like Reiser's show, Mad About You, you will most likely really enjoy Babyhood - it is a fun counterpoint to the many weightier tomes on pregnancy and childbirth! (And you will find yourself buying at least one of these, as Reiser points out!)

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny, indeed... but not as engaging as I expected, June 30 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
I can't say that Paul Reiser's book on babies (making them and having them), "Babyhood", was bad or dull. On the contrary, it was quite funny and packed with thought-provoking comments that make you question some of your irrational behaviors as you're going through the stages of parenthood , both before and after birth. However, I expected a lot more humor from the star and producer of 'Mad About You', arguably one of the best comedy shows ever, along with 'Seinfeld'. On that level, I must recommend as an alternative (a non-stop laughter generator) the book "Being a Dad: The Stuff No One Told Me". I read it shortly before "Babyhood". Though not as deep as this one in some spots, I found it to be a lot funnier than Reiser's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kudos to Mr. Reiser, Oct. 28 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
I'd never really liked Mr. Reiser before and his television show left me cold. But my good friend Jeff , who's taste I trust, told me that I had to read this book. He said it was totally phoenomenal and really not that expensive (which it wasnt).
Oh God..what a revelation. I couldn't put the book down. As I lay in bed, next to my lovely wife Laura, I almost felt guilty starting this book. But the upon reading the "Universal truths #2...Expecting father shalt let himself go and grow a beard. Heh heh... I couldnt help but laugh uncontrolably. So much so, that my wife had me read the book out loud. We were up till 3 AM laughing hysterically.
Thank you Mr. Reiser, for bringing a little laughter into our household.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babyhood helped me find the the little Dad inside me., Oct. 31 1999
JB (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
My love affair with Paul Reiser's prose started with his debut, "Couplehood". I've recited his "What's for dinner, honey" bit from that gem at countless seminars. My colleagues love it! Well lucky for us Paul Reiser freaks, the laughs don't stop in the Large Print Edition of Babyhood. Once again, Paul Reiser delivers the comedic, heartfelt goods. Brutally honest, full of magical moments, and with a fine bold print that's not afraid to say "Look at me, I'm LARGE PRINT and proud of it." Paul, if you're reading this, thank you for once again dipping in to the beautiful well that is your mind and producing this wonderful, sweet book. And also for not forgetting us folks who enjoy LARGE PRINT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring the humor back to your marriage, Nov. 16 2001
Crystal L. Heath (Pinckney, MI United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
My husband and I are the proud parents of a 1 and a 2 year old. During a long road trip we baught Paul Reiser's Babyhood to listen to. We haven't laughed that hard and for that long since before the kids. This book will not prepare you for parenting, but it is a great book to give someone about 3-6 months after they become parents, then they might discover what happened to their nouns (you will understand after you read/hear the book). This book might even save some parents-to-be some money. Listen to the book before you go out and spend the big $bucks$ on that jogging stroller. This book let us know that we are not alone. That what we are going through is a normal part of parenting. This book is the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Large print makes all the difference for an enjoyable read, Oct. 28 1999
Elizabeth Waronker (LA, CA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
I disguise my taste for trash by reading large print books only. You see, large print editions make a book seem heavier, longer and more literary than some flimsy paperback or normal text edition. I simply fashion a plain cover from a brown paper bag to disguise the book's true identity. I then write the name of a more substantial author, in this case Camus, in fancy handwriting across the front. I am then free to luxuriate in the cheap and easy thrills of Paul Reiser's delightful opus without the risk of being shunned by my over-educated, hyper-literate, painfully high-brow colleagues. Thanks, Mr. Reiser, for publishing your wonderful work in large print & thus ensuring access to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babyhood....Excellent!, Feb. 18 2002
L (Fair Haven, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Babyhood (Mass Market Paperback)
Babyhood is a perfect book for new parents (and others.)
This is a hilarious look at the bewilderment of becoming new parents with no experience what so ever.
It is the funniest book I have ever read.
I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs laughter in their lives.
I read it on the airplane on the way to Hawaii and couldn't stop laughing.
My fellow passangers couldn't figure out what was so funny...and I was trying to keep the noise level down.
By the end of the flight, they wanted to borrow the book.
Everyone can use some laughter. (You don't have to have a baby to enjoy this book.)
A fantastic book. I have never laughed so hard while reading.
LHW (Giggles)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Babyhood
Babyhood by P Reiser (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 1 1998)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01