Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on April 18, 1999
I bought Reiser's Babyhood on a whim, when my husband and I began to talk seriously about having children. I found it amusing, at times moving, and occasionally, it really rang true for me: I certainly remember "the power of a two inch paper stick," as I am now pregnant! I enjoyed reading bits to my husband as well. I find pregnancy wonderful - but weighty - after all, my life will change for always after the birth of our child. Books which treat pregnancy, childbirth and marriage with irreverance, humour and sheer silliness really help!! If you like Reiser's show, Mad About You, you will most likely really enjoy Babyhood - it is a fun counterpoint to the many weightier tomes on pregnancy and childbirth! (And you will find yourself buying at least one of these, as Reiser points out!)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Frankly, I have found both of Paul Reiser's books to be like bubble gum. Easy to read, not extremely profound, but pretty darn funny and enjoyable. When reading this book, I got the weird feeling that he was right there, looming over my shoulder, narrating his anecdotes up close and personal. Methinks he finds himself to be humorously witty, so let's "humor" him. Buy the book, take a break, and laugh it up. Try it, you'll like it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse