5.0 out of 5 stars Following In My Own Footsteps, Feb. 13 2004
Sunni (Mississippi) - See all my reviews
This book was awesome. It was set in the time of World War two
and the details of this book grabs you into the story, and you dont want to put it down. It gives the mind to think of the other people in the world who do get abused like the family in this book. It also gives a bit of history about the president Roosevelt and how the war began/ended. This book is a must read book to anyone who come across it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book I ever read, May 16 2000
This review is from: Following My Own Footsteps (Paperback)
This book was very great! I loved it! Most of the book was sad, but the ending was enjoyable! Thank you for writing such a wonderful book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Following My Own Footsteps, May 8 2000
This review is from: Following My Own Footsteps (Paperback)
Gordy was in 6th gradewhen he moved away from Colledge Hill.He moved because his father went to jail for beating him.so,they moved away from Colledge Hill.They moved to Grandville to live with their Grandma.At Grandma's Gordy learns how to be nice.I liked it,i think you will to. Following My Own Footsteps reminds me of Tallahasee Higgens,another book M.D.Hahns.The likeness is they both move to reletives.I give it 4 stars(on a scale of 1-5)There's alot of cussing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book!, Oct. 5 1999
This review is from: Following My Own Footsteps (Paperback)
If you like to read about how people change from being snotty, to actually helping someone, this is the book for you. There are just so many great things about this book, that it's hard to decide where to start. Gordy has trouble fitting in at his wealthy grandmother's house, until he meets the boy next door. The boy next door has strict limitations, and is in a wheelchair. Gordy thinks that the boy's mother is babying him, and when he tries to do something, he just makes it worse. His VERY abusive father ends up coming back later in the story, so read the book if you want to know more. This is definitly a must read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Was Great!!, Dec 26 1998
This review is from: Following My Own Footsteps (Paperback)
If you liked Stepping on the Cracks, this is the book for you!! When Gordy's family moves in with his Grandmother, Gordy acts tough, but when he meets William, things start to unwind and Gordy realizes that it's time to change his attitude!! This is a great book for all ages because it teaches you something!! A MUST READER!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a book no one should miss., Aug. 6 1998
This review is from: Following My Own Footsteps (Paperback)
Wow. Have you ever read a book so good that you don't know how to start too describe it? That's how I feel. I guess I won't tell you what this book is about, you can read the synopsis for that. I will tell you, though, that this book draws you from the first chapter. It is better if you read it's companion, Stepping on the Cracks first. While I was reading this book I got up for something and found myself feeling grateful that I was living in a stable household, with a stable family, unlike Gordy. That's how touching this book is. I want to be a writer when I'm older, and I hope my books touch others like this book touched me.

4.0 out of 5 stars The story of the Smiths continues..., June 30 1998
By A Customer
If you enjoyed Stepping on the Cracks, you may have wondered what happened to Gordy. Here is the book that will tell you. As he tries to build a "tough" reputation, Gordy finds that his relatives can be just as stubborn as he is. He realizes that you can't judge people by what they look like, and friends aren't always who you expect them to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, June 14 1998
This review is from: Following My Own Footsteps (Paperback)
I love mary downing Hahn's books. This was my favorite. I want to be a psychologist, and like books that deal with these topics.I liked how hahn brought in other topics, like WWII. the book was very interesting. I felt very sorry for Gordy, and enjoyed reading about him. Thank you mary Downing Hahn

Following My Own Footsteps
Following My Own Footsteps by Mary Downing Hahn (Paperback - April 1 1998)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01