4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
Great story! I loved how smart and strong Reina was and how funny and passionate she and Ranulf were together. Well-worth reading.
Published 2 months ago by Jenifer Mohammed, Author of Re...

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of her best
While I love JL, I have to admit this was not one of her books I could really get into. I have read everysingle one of her books everytime I started one of those I was hooked but, there was something about this one.
Published on April 7 2004 by stefaniemarie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, May 13 2014
Jenifer Mohammed, Author of Resurrecting Cybe... (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of her best, April 7 2004
This review is from: Defy Not the Heart (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Defy Not the Heart, Nov. 5 2003
Kaytelynn (Washington State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defy Not The Heart (Mass Market Paperback)
I have read every Johanna Lindsey book ever written, and my all time favorite is Defy Not the Heart. I can not say enough about this book. It is a page turner, so be careful not to start it in the evening, or you won't get any sleep that night. I personally have 3 copies of it, with different covers on each.
I highly recommend purchasing this one, and sharing it with anyone who is an historical Romance fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of JL's best, Feb. 11 2003
Lealing (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defy Not The Heart (Mass Market Paperback)
Really loved this one. Great heroine and hero but he was a bit dense. More brawn than brains but still endearing. I'm not particularly into spanking but the one in this book is really sexy! Maybe not the spanking itself but the tension in the scene and everything else that she received with it. I always read JL books in one go, cannot not put them down until I have come to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Book!, Feb. 1 2003
S. Brown "tinkkytone" (La Mesa, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defy Not The Heart (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is one of the first JL books I ever read. I still have the copy with Fabio on the cover. Ranulf and Reina (loved her name by the way) are hilarious. Once again JL delights the reader with her witty dialouge and humourous escapes. This is one of those the books that I read at least once or twice a year. I highly recommend this book for beginning JL fans and novice romance readers. You will not be disappointed. True veterans like myself probably already own two or three copies and are nodding their heads in agreement. Happy Reading!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but..., Oct. 28 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Defy Not The Heart (Mass Market Paperback)
This book really isn't that bad. I know it was a huge best-seller. I just never got into Ranulf and Reina's relationship. And that spanking scene was so mortifying! I almost cried for her!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting story of love meant to be, Oct. 28 2002
allie-kat (N.B., Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defy Not The Heart (Mass Market Paperback)
J. Lindsey has quickly become added to my top 5 favourite authors. This book is another Lindsey great! What a refreshing change to open a book and immediately be drawn in by this tiny spirit of a woman fighting to save her own Castle! Reina was the ultimate heroine... down to earth, witty, comical and brave. No frail little mouse here... as huge and domineering as Ranulf could be, she always stood up to him, making me laugh at her quick wit every time. Also refreshing was how Ranulf was so inexperienced in pleasing a woman and how he wanted to learn how to make it a beautiful experience for her also. Each character had flaws but they made you care more deeply for them. This book is an example of how great romance is written and written well. Try out Prisoner of My Desire too! Its another awesome book by JL.

5.0 out of 5 stars A definate must read!!!, Oct. 9 2002
This review is from: Defy Not The Heart (Mass Market Paperback)
I absolutely love this book!!!..I've collected all Johanna Lindsey's novel and this is by far the most interesting book of them all (my opinion.) Reina is a Herione i'll love to know in real life. She's not beautiful but she has that sort of charisma that attracts people to her...good or bad. and her tongue!!! That girl can kick your butt with words and left you wondering what just happened!.. the writing was unique and witty. Reina is not spoiled like most of Ms lindsey's other heriones and she knows what she wants,so she go for it not waste the reader's time debating whether she's in love or not. I'll recommende this book to someone looking for a little change in Ms lindsey's writing

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her Best !, July 6 2002
TooManyHobbies (New Orleans, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defy Not The Heart (Mass Market Paperback)
This has got to be one of my favorite romance novels of all times. I pull it out at least once a year and reread all of those hilarious "good parts".
The book is set in England 1192 where our spunky heroine, Reina, is kidnapped one night by a gorgeous mercenary named Ranulf. Ranulf has been hired to deliver the orphaned heiress into the grasping hands of Lord Rothwell (an elderly geezer who's four previous wives have all died mysteriously). In desperation, Reina offers Ranulf a bargain: marry her instead of handing her over to Lord Rothwell and thereby become the new Lord Clydon. It is a win-win solution for them both. Ranulf will finally get the land and stability he craves, and Reina will get a strong protector to keep her people and her land safe.
This book is truly amazing. Sparks fly from page one and don't end till the last sentence. Reina and Ranulf are the perfect match and it is a joy watching them both "adjust" to married life and to each other. Read this one somewhere where you can laugh out loud, and be prepared to stay up all night to finish it.

2.0 out of 5 stars not so hott, March 3 2002
This review is from: Defy Not The Heart (Mass Market Paperback)
this book wasn't all that good but it wasn't bad either.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Defy Not The Heart
Defy Not The Heart by Johanna Lindsey (Mass Market Paperback - June 1 1989)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54