5.0 out of 5 stars A good one for your collection - couldn't put it down!
Another good story, imagine yourself there in that time as one of the characters and get involved in the story!
Published 5 months ago by Cheryl T.

3.0 out of 5 stars Why not finish by herself?
This book has extreme points, first the good ones:
You will read and enjoy most part of the book, is not a page turner but you will laugh while you read, the book won't make you leave the reading and not wanting to start it again.
The bad things:
Published on April 1 2004 by Jorge Frid

5.0 out of 5 stars A good one for your collection - couldn't put it down!, Feb. 3 2014
This review is from: Warrior's Woman (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Sci-Fi Romance, July 8 2004
Dakota "daxydakota" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Warriors Woman (Mass Market Paperback)
"Warrior's Woman" is a steamy, sensual story with fun characters and an exotic locale - after all, it takes place on another planet. I have an English Literature degree and enjoy all genres, so I couldn't begin to describe how delighted I was with "Warrior's Woman," a cross between romance and science fiction. And what an amazing book it was! To cram 300+ pages into one sentence, it is the story of a gorgeous security guard who must flee her planet after a coup d'etat and ends up the "challenge loser" to a hunk of a "barbarian" warrior on an undiscovered planet. First and foremost, Tedra is an awesome heroine: spirited, witty, and extremely strong, independent, and lethal. She and Challen are hot together, and it is most fun to watch her frustration at Challen's unusual warrior culture and customs. Challen himself is a different kind of Lindsey hero: of course, he's a babe, but his speech patterns, supreme confidence, and complete focus on Tedra and Tedra alone (with no other plotlines to distract him) make him unique. I love their intimate moments - and there are MANY - and the humorous "interventions" by Tedra's AI computer, Martha, who is a charm. "Warrior's Woman" is one of Lindsey's most fascinating books, with great care and detail given to the futuristic setting and a simply enthralling story of two people from completely different worlds (literally) who fall madly in love.
FYI: "Warrior's Woman" is the first in a three-book series involving these characters and their children. Hands down, this book is absolutely the best of all three. The second, "Keeper of the Heart," is okay. The third, "Heart of a Warrior" is rather tepid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Why not finish by herself?, April 1 2004
This book has extreme points, first the good ones:
The bad things:
When Challen punished Tedra exciting her but not letting her finish as she wanted, why she was awake all night so excited, why couldn't she finished her excitement by herself? I think here that JL could find another kind of punishment.
The futuristic part of the book is a little foolish, that is worst while you read that my first point.

2.0 out of 5 stars Painfully dumb., March 29 2004
Romance Lover "vt2949" (Sacramento, California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Warriors Woman (Mass Market Paperback)
This was one of the dumbest books I've read in a long time. The author introduces a supposedly "kick ass" (literally) heroine who's a member of her planet's security forces, who turns into a shrill, bitchy, pain-the-ass when she meets the first man who's ass she can't kick. I was disgusted as Tedra was at turns petulant child and hysterical ninny. I expected to dislike Challen because of his "barbaric" ways, but he actually turned out to be the mature adult in that relationship. I actually felt sorry for him.
On top of that, the sci-fi aspects of this story were pretty pathetic. Tedra is from a plant in a completely different galaxy from ours, yet her speech is peculiarly American: she refers to "humanoids," uses the terms "babe" and "sweetcakes" incessantly, among other things. Science fiction obviously is not this author's strong suit.
In short, I struggled to finish this book. Don't waste your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read!, March 13 2004
This review is from: Warriors Woman (Mass Market Paperback)
This book has passion, humor, and beautiful sweeping vistas, what we've come to expect from Johanna Lindsay. I simply love the barbaric planet that she has introduced us to. It's almost appalling the way they treat their women, however, I was left with the feeling that I sure wished it was a real place! I wouldn't mind living on a planet with 7 foot tall toe-headed muscular hotties!
One of the things that bothered me about this book, however, was the "punishment" scene where Challen takes the double shot of dhaya juice. I was left wondering, why doesn't Tedra finish it herself, if you know what I mean? If you're that sexually frustrated with no release, why *wouldn't* you finish it?? **grin** Perhaps she was just too nieve to realize that she could.
Anyhow, that aside, this was definately a great book to read. When Challen breaks down in tears, I thought how awesome it was to finally show that the man has a weakness. I really loved this book and would recommend it to anyone to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensual and entertaining, Feb. 19 2004
This review is from: Warriors Woman (Mass Market Paperback)
Setting a romance in a futuristic fantasy world provided sky for the limit to imagination, plot twists and humour. The first part before Tedra appeared before Challen was a little confusing and far-fetched. But the moment the 2 characters met, the sparks and chemistry were keeping the reader well-entertained. It was very sensual. The barbaric rules of Challen's world provided many erotic scenarios for sex scenes, sexual stimulation and sexual punishment. Very tantalising but reasonable from the Challen's point of view in an imagined world. From teasing her sensually while Tedra was hand bounded to the lovemaking to make up for his guilt, Challen was powerful, domineering and tender in his own exciting ways. I like the part when Challen tried to correct his mistake by being as reasonable and tender to Tedra. It is always heart-melting to watch a strong man moved by strong emotions by loving his woman. I enjoyed the verbal sparring between Tedra and her computer Martha, as well as those exchanges between her and Challen. But the rescuing of Tedra's planet part was rather sloppy. It is forgivable since the main plot was the romance. The time, space and foreign elements were just to stretched the emotional threshold of the characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grade 'A' Fabulous, Sept. 17 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Warriors Woman (Mass Market Paperback)
Okay, this book deserves like 900 stars but 5 is the max. When I first picked up this book I was like "Well I'm not into Sci Fi but I'll give it a try, it is after all a JL book." So I went home and read it and I LOVED it! It's absolutely perfect. It has humor, romance and really great characters! Tedra and Challen (who's name I love by the way) were from completely different worlds-literaly-but they were still totally compatible. I did kind of want them to stay in Kystran in the end but either way works. This book is one of a kind and definetely worth it to buy. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Keeper of the Heart, one of the sequels to WW, it reeked. I haven't read the other sequel which deals with Tedra's son but I will and you can be sure I'll buy and review it! Buy Warrior's Woman!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Aug. 15 2003
Ana Q (Oregon, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Warriors Woman (Mass Market Paperback)
This was the first book I ever read by Johanna Lindsay, but I didn't stop there. I thought this book was wonderful and atleast 95% origional. PLEASE! buy this book and find out for yourself!

1.0 out of 5 stars I'll stick with romantic SF from now on, June 20 2003
This review is from: Warriors Woman (Mass Market Paperback)
I thought I'd try a futuristic romance since I like romantic science fiction, but this book wasn't at all something that appealed to me. Lindsey should stick to historical fiction because her futuristic world and character building in this book were atrocious. I hated the "hero" and I ended up hating Tedra for loving him and giving in to him. Since when is sexual torture romantic?
I hope people who have never read science fiction don't think that SF is like this book! Bad futuristic romance like this could end up giving science fiction a bad name- there's nothing scientific about this book at all!.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great read, March 31 2003
terri (Britton, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Warriors Woman (Mass Market Paperback)
I laughed and giggled and just plain enjoyed this book, even after the fifth read of it. I just couldn't get enough of it and had to reread every page of it. I would also recommend the following book of Tedra and Challen's daughter, Keeper Of the Heart. They both are great. Totally a different step from Johanna Lindsey's other books, which have never disappointed me. But this one is the best!!! Enjoy this and have the other book handy, because they truly belong together. You will want to read again and again.

Warriors Woman
Warriors Woman by Johanna Lindsey (Mass Market Paperback - June 1 1990)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.89