5.0 out of 5 stars VIKINGS!!
My fav Vikings. Yummm. (I'm also a sucker for
Pirates & Warlords & Highlanders). This
is the first in what is my favorite historical
romance series. (I also enjoy Julie Garwood,
Kinley Macgregor, and Teresa Medeiros)
Published on June 7 2004 by nitpick

2.0 out of 5 stars Brutal and Violent
I heard some good things about Johanna Lindsay, so I decided to give her a try so I read the first of her viking trilogy because it seems to be highly rated. What a mistake. Taking the viking period into account, I expect detailed battle scenes, rough around the edges heroes, explosive battle of wills between the hero and heroine, maybe forced seduction. I draw the line...
Published on Feb. 13 2002 by J. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED THIS BOOK!, April 22 1999
This review is from: Fires Of Winter (Mass Market Paperback)
Garrick and Brenna are one of my all-time favorite couples (and I've read most of Lindsey's stuff). I love the Viking age, and Garrick is such a hottie. Lindsey's newer heroes just can't match him.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful story!!, April 17 1999
This review is from: Fires Of Winter (Mass Market Paperback)
At one point, this book had me close to tears. I was sad that Garrick didn't believe her when she came back. Of course he found out the truth, but it took so long! The best part of the book is when Garrick saves his son's life by giving him CPR, and how the midwife thought that he had lost his mind. All in all I just loved this story, it is really one of Lindsey's best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enduring love always survive, Dec 29 1998
This review is from: Fires Of Winter (Mass Market Paperback)
Sometimes when people fall in love it is not so obvious and that is why we, the intelligent romance reader, must be able to use the clues the author gives to find that love. This was a great book that made me cry and laugh and hate and love.
An emotional rollercoaster is what you will be riding and a romance that will last forever is what you will remember. The leading characters have charm, grace, strength and so much pride. This book will make you sigh and is definitely not a waste of time. The setting is excellent and the history is great. Keep up the good work Johanna and you will be collecting fans for centuries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!!!!!, Oct. 16 1998
This review is from: Fires Of Winter (Mass Market Paperback)
It is so great to read about a couple, then months later pick up another book and find yourself reading about their children. Several times Lindsey has surprised me with the same charaters. I find myself feeling like part of the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Lindsey's best heroines, Feb. 5 1998
This review is from: Fires Of Winter (Mass Market Paperback)
I, too, thought this was a terrific book. Brenna was strong and captivating, and I believe she and her daughter Kristin (of Hearts Aflame), are two of Johanna Lindsey's best heroines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Viking Love!, Jan. 10 1998
This review is from: Fires Of Winter (Mass Market Paperback)
I REALLY enjoyed this story. I loved the way that they struggled and fought before they finally realized their love. I also liked the way that Brenna wasn't a "helpless little woman" who couldn't take care of herself. Lindsey really pulled off another winner, and I definately recommend this book, as well as the sequels Hearts Aflame and Surrender My Love.

ARRAY(0xa5c5df84)

Fires Of Winter
Fires Of Winter by Johanna Lindsey (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 1 1980)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54