5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough of Kathleen!
Published 13 months ago by Sue

3.0 out of 5 stars Quiet beautiful, but...
The story flow beautifully on the beginning chapters. then, it started to get monotoneus in the middle till the end, and really predictable. It is as if the readers are guide to tell the story not to view it. Worse again, the topics are 'jumpy',from one plot to the other.
Published on July 18 2002 by Suzanna

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough of Kathleen!, March 22 2013
Sue (Campbellford, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ashes in the Wind (Kindle Edition)
Ok, so I'm a Kathleen Woodiwiss junky ... I love everything that she has written. I originally bought this book 25 years ago, and lent it out and never got it back. I have all of her novels, and reread them often. I hadn't read Ashes in 25 years and thought since I didn't have it in book form, I 'd buy it in Kindle, so glad I did. Love, Love the characters, her writing brings them to life to the point that I feel like I'm standing right there with them. Absolutely fabulous ... a must read.

4.0 out of 5 stars ashes in the wind, July 7 2009
Lynda J. Dunn "lynda" (Coquitlam, B. C. Can) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ashes in the Wind (Hardcover)
I got the book quickly and in good condition. I was very happy with the service. I plan to read it while on vacation at the cottage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable Civil War Romance, Jan. 10 2008
Misfit (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Ashes In The Wind (Paperback)
While this is not Gone With the Wind, it is still a highly enjoyable civil war romance, heavy on the romance and light on the history. Sometimes, one still has to resort to the guilty pleasures of romantic fiction and this is a good choice. Alaina and Cole are very sweet, and "Al" and "his" antics are hysterical, as are Cole's reactions to him. Of course it takes forever for our H&H to get together, but the scene where they argue chasing each other back and forth between adjoining bedrooms was very entertaining, and the sparks were flying.

The ending was a bit trite and predictable, but I loved the epilogue. I had hoped the author would resolve that one last issue. All in all, very entertaining, I had a difficult time putting it down for more than a few moments, and I will read this again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book to Disappear Into, March 13 2004
This review is from: Ashes In The Wind (Paperback)
From the moment you start reading you will not want to put this book down. Kathleen is a master and this is one of my favorite novels by her. I feel so much emotion for both Alaina and Cole. Laugh at the antics of "Al" and want to shout at Cole for not seeing the truth before his eyes. The scenery, characters and story line are so vividly described you will want to go to sleep at night just to dream...

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable!, March 4 2004
This review is from: Ashes In The Wind (Paperback)
I enjoyed "Ashes" immensely and can't wait to read more of Kathleen Woodiwiss' books. She has a wonderful, flowery writing style and vibrant characters that keep you hooked, page after page. At first I was a bit disappointed with the switch from Civil War New Orleans to Minnesota (!), but KW's sense of storytelling, atmosphere and suspense (for awhile it felt like a Victoria Holt gothic!) made this book such a treat, I couldn't put it down. Isn't that the joy of reading? For no other reason, let this book entertain you, which should never be underestimated!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The book that started my romance with romance, Jan. 25 2003
K. Richardson "kari" (Bellevue, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ashes In The Wind (Paperback)
If I could only take one book from all of my romance books to that desert island, it would be this one. I have been reading romance novels for 20 years but this one is still my favorite and I read it every couple of years, just to enjoy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Classic, Nov. 1 2002
This review is from: Ashes In The Wind (Paperback)
A great great story, all the way through. Not boring as some of KW's books can get in spots. I liked the fact that the author gave us a long, very interesting story to follow, as it adds substance to romances. In this instance, KW was talented enough to pull it off without losing the reader's interest. Wonderful characters! Alaina was a great heroine. Don't expect to read this one in one or two nights, as it deserves to be savored slowly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quiet beautiful, but..., July 18 2002
Suzanna (Seven Hills, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ashes In The Wind (Paperback)
Overall, it is not so bad, however it is not the best from other of her novels. Still romantic, sweet telling, but not enough description on the man's feeling. Woodiwiss makes the hero sound so childish and dull. I like her "Elusive Flame" much much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars She's done it again..., July 10 2002
This review is from: Ashes In The Wind (Paperback)
wOw. This is one of KEW's best books. I LOVED it. She so artfully ties historical facts into the love story that you can almost be there, and all of her research is correct. She is such a talented author, writing classics like, The Flame and the Flower, Shanna, A Rose in Winter, ect. I disagree with people who say that Alaina was too stubborn or that the story was too long or that so many little mysteries tied into one was a bit unreal. Alaina had been through so much, and I found "Al" funny and fresh. The book isn't too long in my opinion, and I was sad when I had finished it. I never would have suspected the ending. The way KEW ties it all into one is wonderful, and I really enjoyed this book. Ms. Woodiwiss never ceases to amaze me. I highly recomend this book to any romance fan or, really, to anyone who loves to read. I love this book, and I will come back to read it again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Historical and Sweet, April 23 2002
This review is from: Ashes In The Wind (Paperback)
Woodiwiss never ceases to amaze me. This is one ofher best! I love the Civil War era, making this book eve better. Alaina is so strong and stubborn, as is Cole, it was fun seeing how "AL" and Cole got along, 2gether. MUST READ!!If you like Woodiwiss, definitely read Shanna and the Flame and the Flower!

ARRAY(0xc45dd8c4)

Ashes In The Wind
Ashes In The Wind by Kathleen E Woodiwiss (Paperback - April 1 1981)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.89