5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful
I love this book. In high school I was in a relationship very much like the one in this story. The author does a wonderful job relating to the emotions felt by teens in situations such as this. A must read for preteens and teens.
Published on Jan. 25 2007 by A. Briscoe

2.0 out of 5 stars Appropriate for a 12 yo?
I'm writing my review through the eyes of a mother of a 12 yo girl who loves to read and has read every Mary Downing Hahn books. When she did not put the book down up in her room, I thought it must be good. I skimmed the book later. I told her we needed to have a book discussion the next day. I felt that this book could have waited until she was older and more...
Published on Nov. 17 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, Jan. 25 2007
A. Briscoe "rainiegirl" (saskatoon, SK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best teen romance novel, April 13 2004
taryn miller (deland, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wind Blows Backward (Paperback)
Mary Downing Hahn is one of my favorite authors and "The wind blows backward" has to be my all time favorite novel of hers and any other. It grabs your attention from the first page to the last. This is a book that is quite relevent to teenage life in todays society. I would recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!!, Feb. 29 2004
Tara Chipman (Erlanger, Kentucky) - See all my reviews
I would recommend this book to anyone! its the sweetest book i have ever read! i would definitly read it over and over again. I absolutly loved it! It doesnt go into detail about stuff that u dont need to know. and its so cute. You will wish u had a relationship like theres, its so pure. There is so much love in the air when u read this! YOU SHOULD READ THIS! Its like ur watching a movie! i couldnt put the book down i was so into it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book ever, Oct. 29 2003
Kathy Olson (Minneapolis MN) - See all my reviews
I read this book for the first time when I was about 15 and I identified with the main character Lauren so much at the time. Any teenage girl between 14 to even 21 should read this book. I am now 24 and find myself picking up the book on a rainy day and still enjoying it like it was the first time I read it. Wouldn't it be cool if the book turned into a movie???

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD BOOK! RECCOMENDED READING!, Oct. 18 2003
I think that this book was a great book. It was very descriptive and thourough so that you could get the entire feel of every moment. I almost cried at some parts, but when a book makes me cry, it must be really good. I reccomend this to all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inlook, Oct. 14 2003
By A Customer
This is one of the best books i have ever read. It shows that everone has weak points, even teens that are idolized. This book provides a look into the world of teenage conformity.

4.0 out of 5 stars H. Williams, Oct. 14 2003
By A Customer
I liked the book " The Wind Blows Backward" because it was written espically for teenagers in my age group, although I think that girls would prefer it more than boys. It was filled with alot of drama and some moments of suspense. One thing that I didn't like was that it was sort of slow paced and seemed to drag on in some parts, but it was worth continuing to read. All in all, it was a pretty enjoyable book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, March 8 2003
"July Lady" (MS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wind Blows Backward (Paperback)
The Wind Blows Backward is one of my books from my younger days. Lauren, is a painfully shy highschool senior, who can't wait for school to be over, Spencer is the popular kid. Lauren and Spencer was best friends in junior high, but dropped her, when they made it to highschool for the more popular kids. It's senior year, and now Spencer wants to reclaim Lauren's friendship, he feels like Lauren is the only one who truly knows him. Lauren doesn't know how to take Spencer sudden interested for friendship with her again. The two starts dating, and Lauren quickly realizes Spencer has secrets, and has a deep depression about his life. I throught the book was good, Lauren was there for Spencer when he needed her most. The only problem I had with the book is that I think Lauren might have moved a little too fast with Spencer as far as taking the relationship to the next level sexually. Still a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Feb. 28 2003
This review is from: The Wind Blows Backward (Paperback)
I reccommend anybody who love to read romance can read this book! IT specify every single character details so clearly that you can just know exactly who they are, without even meeting them! THere are so much that is happening in the story that you can just reflect this upon to reality!YOu cant be confused when you read it!
SO much to learn so much to experience it wil change your whole atttitudes on how you think about life and how true love really is! Love is not not a word but its something that is hiding beneath it and this book will tell it all! I will never get tired of this book and cant stand to let it go!
Way to go Mary, you have done a great job in your writing! I admire you greatly!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book., Jan. 29 2003
"ewtrucks" (Clanton, AL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wind Blows Backward (Paperback)
I read this book in the 7th grade when I was 13. I'm 15 now and I am planning to buy this book. It is a type of book that once you pick it up you can't put it down. I suggest that anyone who loves a good story should read this book.

The Wind Blows Backward
The Wind Blows Backward by Mary Downing Hahn (Paperback - Aug. 1 1994)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01