4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars
I thought this was a fun book. The characters were enjoyable, they had good conflict, chemistry and banter. I laughed and smiled a lot while reading this. I do have to say... I dislike when the author uses the title of the book as a line in conversation... but that's just me. Phillips is becoming one of my favourite authors.
Published 6 days ago by Grouchbucket

3.0 out of 5 stars 2/3rds of the book well worth reading
I really hated the first 1/3rd of the book. The only character who wasn't immoral was Kevin Tucker. All the other secondary characters were just plain sad or dispicable. As for the main characters Jane and Cal - Yikes! Cal is a jerk. It's totally understandable that he is furious with Jane but to want to destroy the mother of his future child is not only stupid it's also...
Published on Feb. 26 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, May 3 2003
This review is from: Nobodys Baby But Mine (Mass Market Paperback)
I'd read great things about this author from other authors whose works I like, so was surprised to find her work slow going. There were a few catchy dialogue exchanges, but haracterizations were a bit heavy handed: Genius with angst meets jock with genius to make a baby to turn off the alarm on her biological clock. She stupidly (for a genius) assumes the jock is stupid and that his dumb genes will offset her overly intelligent ones to create a 'normal' baby.
Ms. Phillips rightly says in the back of the book that she was too tempted to write about a subject (physics) about which she knows little and is a 'doofus' (her words). She's a bit more of a doofus about the characters, which are almost bi-polar in their good guy, bad guy/gal impersonations. By the end of the book everyone is brought round to be a good guy or gal and the poor heroine who wanted a normal baby to love, is stuck with a potential genius offspring. There's some agist rhetoric, a tacky embezzling evangelist to bash, and a hillbilly granny with an irascible temper and a heart of gold (natch!). Characters and plot are shallow, giving the impression that Ms. Phillips should stick with city characters and beef up her plots a bit. Something beyond 'will-they, won't-they get/stay together.'
The book could do with some serious editing (lose 100 pages). The author seems cheerful enough, with flashes of entertaining dialogue here and there, just a bit undisciplined overall. Three stars is kind, in this reader's opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Funniest Romance Novel I've Read!, April 22 2003
This review is from: Nobodys Baby But Mine (Mass Market Paperback)
By far, the best work by SEP. I've never laughed out loud reading a book before. The opening "seduction" scene had me rolling! Jane is one of the best romance heroine in my opinion--ahh, to be that smart (genius really) sexy at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL, March 22 2003
This review is from: Nobodys Baby But Mine (Mass Market Paperback)
IT WAS MY FIRST SEP BOOK AND I HAVE TO SAY SHE IS ONE OF THE BEST WRITERS IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. CAL BONNER WAS SUCH A HOTTIE AND JANE IS A FEISTY HEROINE. THE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THE TWO IS WHAT KEEPS THE BOOK SO EXCITING AND CAL'S FAMILY IS A REAL AND HONEST FAMILY. THERE IS SO MUCH ABOUT THIS BOOK THAT I LOVED AND ITS ALSO WHY IVE BOUGHT 3 MORE BOOKS BY SEP THATS WAITIN ON MY SHELF TO READ. DEFINITELY READ THIS BOOK..ITS A KEEPER

5.0 out of 5 stars Susan Elizabeth Phillip's Best Book Ever!!, Dec 29 2002
This review is from: Nobodys Baby But Mine (Mass Market Paperback)
A friend of mine gave me this book when I was pregnant with my son as an introductory to SEP books. I cannot begin to tell you how much I loved this book. It was funny, light hearted, and thrilling all at the same time. I have since read almost all of SEP's books. She is definitely one of my favorite authors. I can honestly say this book is hands down without a doubt her BEST. If you have never read any of her books this is a great place to start. You will become an addict.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could give it more stars, Dec 22 2002
This review is from: Nobodys Baby But Mine (Mass Market Paperback)
I have been looking for this book for awhile and I finally got a copy and I literally inhaled it the book was so good and it had all the elements that I love in a romance novel the two main characters are a perfect match and I really enjoyed their exchanges with one another I found myself laughing out loud thoughtout the book. I recommanded this to all readers who love romance novels I have just become a instant fan of SEP

3.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly as good as most!, Nov. 15 2002
This review is from: Nobodys Baby But Mine (Mass Market Paperback)
This was just interesting enough to stick with, but certainly wasn't one of SEP's best! It wasn't really funny to me, not like most of her other books. The plot was pretty [bad], too.
Cal was perfect, of course, in looks and character.
Jane was okay, but lacked personality. She's the type of woman who'd never stand out in a crowd.
(Sorry). It just wasn't that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars In Top 5 Favorites Of All Time, Oct. 24 2002
Cooking SAHM (Oxford, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nobodys Baby But Mine (Mass Market Paperback)
After all this time, I still cannot forget Nobody's Baby But Mine. I had never before laughed out loud reading a romance novel. I have never found another book as sweet, hilarious, and tender. I loved all the characters. My favorite scene is in the woods when Cal and Jane are forced to be alone. I laughed so hard I was wiping away tears. I passed the book along to a friend, who passed it to her friend, who lost it. I cried, but happily purchased a new copy. Buy your own; you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!!, Aug. 22 2002
su (mclean, va United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nobodys Baby But Mine (Mass Market Paperback)
This book contains some of the funniest scenes I ever come across. I was laughing out loud hysterically. Maggie Osborne is another writer that will make you laugh as well although not quite so hard!

4.0 out of 5 stars CONTRIVED BUT FUNNY, Aug. 2 2002
This review is from: Nobodys Baby But Mine (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was so funny! If you took this book seriously, you would dislike both of them. If you hear the correct inflection, you will laugh out loud then look around to see if anyone heard you. The first meeting of Jane and Cal is preposterous, but go with it and just enjoy the author's sense of humor. There are a few life's lessons in there to make it poignant. Just the part where Jane's walks down the stairs when Cal gets home is hysterical! This book was a good time and I may look for others by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nobodys baby but mine, July 23 2002
jessica (Riverside, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nobodys Baby But Mine (Mass Market Paperback)
Nobody's baby but mine is one of the best books around. It has so much passion and love. Its so much based on what is happening these days in our world. I am only 14 years old and i read this 376 page book in 5 days. Most parents know its not easy getting there kids to read. well let me tell u i am the same its impossible to get me to read but i read and when i went for the first time into borders to pick my own book for once i found nobodys baby but mine. I fell in love with it. It made me cry it made me laugh and it also made me think. This book is not only for adults but kids should read it to. It helps you on your vocabulary and reading skills. This book shows you how the poeple speak in certain parts. This book is full of so much love and hate. About a plan that back fires but and so much hate between two people that suddenly turns into true love. U should really read or even better buy this book it was one of the best book i have ever read. I am sure you would say to. I might not have lots of experience but i have read over 400 hundred books since the 4th grade i still have almost every book and i even handed some down but far more Noodys angel but mine is the most romantic and best book i have ever read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xc0de351c)

Nobodys Baby But Mine
Nobodys Baby But Mine by Susan E Phillips (Mass Market Paperback - Feb. 1 1997)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54