summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on June 22, 2016
Many of my friends read and recommended this book in highschool, now ten years later I finally got myself a copy. I can see why many find this book enjoyable and why it won so many awards in its time. It's very distinct in its approach to building plot and characters. If you're a new reader, this may be just the book that delights you to dive into the fantasy genre. However, I found myself struggling to get through this novel. Perhaps this is because I've been reading fantasy my whole life and this just wasn't anything super new or intriguing to me.

The main character mostly floats through the plot and the plot is like a maze with a hundred dead ends. Every chapter introduces a dozen new concepts without tying up any loose ends. To be honest, I tried my best and only got through 46% of it before I couldn't force myself to read another word.

A super interesting concept that's well drawn out, but it failed to take it anywhere substantial, instead feeding you little spoonfuls of icing when you want the whole cake. Since I did not finish it, I assume the whole cake is given at the end, but I want willing to stick around when there are so many other things to read.
on June 9, 2016
A fine, restored edition sandwich between delicious pillows of contextually significant content. Perks into process, learnings, appreciations, and even a counterpoint offering from a different piece, a contrasting perspective of you will.

I'd feel embarrassed that I've waited this long to approach the book except that I'm more than a lot thankful this is the version I dove into.

Brilliant work accompanied by bountiful preamble and afterwards.
on March 22, 2016
Really enjoyed this book.
on February 13, 2016
Bought this for my brother for Christmas, he likes it!
on January 6, 2016
Gaiman 's style is so unique, but I'm hesitant to call it fantasy. It IS fantasy, after a fashion, but so much more too.
on January 2, 2016
Following Shadow through America was an amazing ride. His trials and tribulations relatable for the most part. It was a fun read.
on October 3, 2015
Great novel.
on September 13, 2015
you did it again Neil.
Awesome story.
on September 11, 2015
Really liked it...just like his other works!
on August 18, 2015
I liked the intertwining of gods and their stories. The idea that gods would be aligned with one another against the markets and media and the internet was unique. The story was ambitious and adventurous.

It was not always told brilliantly. It was choppy in parts and the tone was inconsistent and not just in the spots where that was the obvious intention.

This was the second Gaiman book I read (third counting Good Omens) and I preferred the irreverence of the other two. This one was heavier.