biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools vpcflyout ca_ty_gno

on September 23, 2015
My kids are still fighting. Even as I right this, one is biting the other. They didn't read the book hardly at all.
on June 23, 2015
I have used many of the strategies on my boys and they really work. They haven't played this well together ever. It also helped me look at my own relationships with my siblings and how they could be improved.
on May 19, 2015
An excellent book - not a magic bullet, but full of helpful ideas on how to handle fighting between siblings!
on February 13, 2015
I don’t have multiple children (yet) but I bought this book because I wanted to understand how to prevent sibling rivalry. I have not spoken to my older sister for 8 years now because of her perceived rivalry. For her, she needed to achieve everything before me. I was not allowed to do anything that she didn't do first including attending my own graduation, learning new skills, having a boyfriend, getting married, and most likely having children. This book taught me that it was largely our upbringing. All our lives we were brought up being compared, her being told that she's older. As children, when we gave alms in church, she was always given more money to put in the basket because she was older. If not these scenarios, then we'd have to do coin tosses or split our chicken wings evenly. These reinforcements communicated that she always either needed to have more or tolerate being even. I know what not to do now if I have more than 1 child.
on September 8, 2014
good tips with example!
on August 10, 2014
I will be re-reading this book many times over the next decade or so (my kids are currently 1 and 3, so a bit young for this, but it'll be good to start out practicing these techniques). Also see their book 'How To Talk So Kids Will Listen And Listen So Kids Will Talk' - a lot of good points made in both books.
on December 10, 2013
This one talks about many issues such as fighting, comparing, role prescribing etc. The author gives great examples from family situations. It is a great reading for a parent with two or more children and even for those who have just one kid because their kid interacts with other kids.
on August 9, 2013
When I was pregnant with my second child, I was very worried about this subject, because I have a horrible relationship with my sister, who constantly competes with me, even today. She wants to be the favour child for my parents with a price of scarifying herself to be who she really wants to be.
This book helps me! And it is worth of re-reading it from time to time.
on May 24, 2013
I read this book around 20 yrs ago when I had 3 young kids. I used what I learned on my children & it really works. One of the greatest compliments I get is that people notice how well my kids get along. There is no visible signs of sibling rivalry. For years after reading this book & the other book "how to talk so kids will listen...", I would lie in bed with each child & just listen to them tell me about their day. The house rule was that according to age, each child went to bed 1/2 hr earlier than the next. So I had plenty of time to listen to each child. To this day, my kids still like to tell me their "stuff".
Barbara Coloroso's book is also a "must read". These 3 books were the reason my kids have turned out so great. They are all happily married, two grandkids & more to come. They all actually like coming home every Saturday with their extended families to hang out with us.
Just read the book over & over. If you make a mistake in how you react, don't sweat it. Try again next time or reword your reaction. It seems forced at first but it becomes second nature after a while.
on February 3, 2013
I bought this for a friend who's children fight constantly and it's a huge worry. She is finding it very helpful. Thank you, excellent service and product.