5.0 out of 5 stars New fan
Published on June 24 2004 by Roberta De Jong

3.0 out of 5 stars Read it - because it's good, just not her best
Love Lisa K's books because I always seem to be totally involved and can lose myself for hours in her characters and situations. However, with this book I found the secondary storyline distracting. The interactions between the two main characters were not very intense - you got the feeling they could take or leave each other sometimes. The ending seemed rushed and pat...
Published on Feb. 20 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Again the Magic has a certain Je ne sais quoi!, July 8 2004
Nancy Compton (Boise, Idaho) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Again The Magic (Mass Market Paperback)
If you prefer your books filled with frequent and explicitly described sexual occurrences, this is a must read for you and Ms. Kleypas knows how to tastefully depict them!
The dialog between the characters is smartly witty and continually electrifying. The plot is enjoyably good and satisfyingly told; however it's doesn't have fast-paced, high-drama exciting adventure. Again the Magic is tenderly compassionate and will keep you interested to the last page.

5.0 out of 5 stars New fan, June 24 2004
This review is from: Again The Magic (Mass Market Paperback)
I will keep this short, but I wanted to say this is my first Lisa Kleypas book and I really loved it! I was glued to the book and finished it in record time (for me). I will be buying more books by Lisa! I didn't think it was depressing at all, as others have said! I guess if you are used to really light comedy romances, it may seem that way, but a veteran romance fan will find this book very romantic and satisfying. I loved the side story with Aline's sister Livia and her own second chance at love. I don't have many books on my keeper shelf, but this one will be joining them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ms. Kleypas Has Penned Another Winner!!!, May 11 2004
Kristi Ahlers (Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Again The Magic (Mass Market Paperback)
I love storylines where the main characters share a history that goes way back. This is true for this book where our heroine is the daughter of an Earl and her love interest is a servant that worked in the stable. They started out as the best of friends trying to forget the fact that it was not a proper relationship and that it could never go any farther. Despite the fact that they could never share their lives as husband and wife their feeling for each other grow until they both admit that they love each other. McKenna knows that Aline is out of his reach but he would do anything to stay close to her. Despite the care that they take in order to spend time together they are spotted and the Earl is told of the meeting. McKenna is sent away thinking that Aline never cared for him, and Aline is left behind mourning the only man she will ever love.
Years later McKenna returns to Aline as a wealthy American bent on revenge. He never slept with her as a teen he is going to fix that mistake. Of course McKenna is not aware of the truth that sent him away, nor is he aware of the tragedy that befell Aline not long after he left. What he was also not planning on was the fact that his feelings for Aline have never gone away. He still finds that he loves her despite what he thinks that she has done.
Aline has never forgotten McKenna and the man that he has grown to become is just as handsome and desirable as the young man he had been. She knows that he wants his revenge and she is willing to let him have it if it means that she will be in his arms once again.
This was such a moving story and I was totally drawn into it from the very beginning. There is the secondary storyline that involves her sister and McKenna's business parter that is equally moving. This story has all of the trademark Kleypas sensualtiy as well as the wonderfully crafted characters and storyline. This story had me reaching for my kleenex on more then one occassion. For a wonderful senual read you can't beat Ms. Kleypas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Again....I loved it, April 21 2004
KenichiKat (fort wayne, in) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Again The Magic (Mass Market Paperback)
My first foray in the Regency Romance genre is reading mostly Jane Austen's work; and then, I moved on to Julia Quinn who led me to another exemplary romance writer of modern times, Ms. Lisa Kleypas. "Again the Magic," the forbidden story of love between stable hand John Mckenna and Lady Aline Marsden somewhat reminds me of Heathcliff and Catherine of Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights," without the much of the cathartic sadness of the latter.
Aline and Mckenna's youthful romance turned into a bitter and painful end when Aline's father discovered their relationship. Mckenna was sent away but not before Aline shattered his dreams of love; she did what she thought was right to save his life. Aline might have saved his life but this made Mckenna into a hard-driving bitter man who vowed vengeance on his once true love.
The story has a lot of true passionate moments where you can really feel the love that Mckenna still has for Lady Aline. I have more sympathy for Mckenna and could not really comprehend Lady Aline's misguided efforts to protect him from her little secret. Nowhere is the saying "the road to good intentions is paved with evil," truer or nearer than in this book.
Overall, a very enjoyable read from Ms. Kleypas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Again.....I loved it!, April 21 2004
KenichiKat (fort wayne, in) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Again The Magic (Mass Market Paperback)
Overall, a very enjoyable read from Ms. Kleypas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written--classic Kleypas!, April 17 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Again The Magic (Mass Market Paperback)
Lisa Kleypas is an incredibly talented writer, she keeps getting better with every new book. I wish she'd write more books a year but the waiting always pays off. This story is sensual and emotionally powerful. I loved the hero, Mckenna, whose dark and brooding nature charged up the heat in the lovestory. I wish Kleypas hadn't spent so much time on the secondary characters, they definitely deserved their own book, but the time spent on them cut into the main characters' happily-ever-after last scene. Despite that, Kleypas is an absolute genius when it comes to her trademark dark moment, the climax and resolution of the internal conflict between the main characters. Beautifully written! I loved this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Again The Magic, Jan. 30 2014
This review is from: Again The Magic (Mass Market Paperback)
Somehow when I was reading the Wall Flower Series I missed this book it was tucked in among other books. I'm so glad I found it. Aline & McKenna's story was heart breaking because of the fact that they came from 2 different class of people. The journey to get to their HEA was fraught with so much pain that it was a real joy to see them finally get there. The 2nd story mixed in with Aline & McKenna is about Aline's sister Livia & McKenna's good friend & business partner Gideon. Livia had been thru so much losing her first love to death & her baby to miscarriage. Also to the fall out of having sex outside of marriage. She was a pariah to society. When Livia & Gideon met the attraction was undeniable. But Livia had to make a tough decision because of Gideons drinking. It was heart warming to see Gideon man up & tell Livia I will see you in 6 months when I can be the man that will be there for you the rest of your life. There were 2 passages that really stood out for me.

1st: I want to shove my self deep inside of you and stay for hours....days....weeks. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses....the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face. I want to see you in the final hour of my life....to lie in your arms as I take my last breath.

2nd:And when I finally let you leave this bed, you're going to understand exactly how much I need you. You're going to know all the ways that I want you....and how completely you belong to me.

This is McKenna talking to Aline. All I have to say is Aline doesn't keep him I'll be happy to take him. I would highly recommend this to all historical romance fans. I loved it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to Kleypas's normal standard, April 7 2004
A. McDOWELL "ladymcd" (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Again The Magic (Mass Market Paperback)
I fell in love with Lisa kleypas after first reading the Suddenly you & have read nearly all of her novels but this is my least favorite.
The characters are in love & have some hot kissing scenes as "kids", then Dad finds out & banishes him. She's injured in a fire & can't stand the thought of someone seeing her "disfigured" legs so she never marries and remains a virgin. Couple years later, Dad is dead, hero is a rich American now & comes back for revenge but finds love & doesn't care about her scars...there, now you don't have to read it.

2.0 out of 5 stars totally tedious, March 29 2004
This review is from: Again The Magic (Mass Market Paperback)
This book easily has to be one of her worst. There is no spark in either of the two couples, and one good conversation between Aline and McKenna would have put an end to all the suffering and pain.
Also, there is no falling in love inthe novel except between the two lesser characters Livia and Gideon. Aline and McKenna are already in love and hot and heavy at the start of the book, then 12 years lapse. he wants revenge, doens't get it, and we get nothing but cookie-cutter love scene which vary only in terms of venue and position.
With Livia and Gideon they go to bed with each other too quickly. Having two couples in the book waters it down way too much for my liking. And I have to say Gideon was far more interesting than McKenna.
Can someone please tell these authors that a romance novel is two people falling in love?
One other small point-there were so many typos in this book, missing words, wrong words obviously inserted by a spellchecker, that it really got very irritating. The whole thing looked and read as completely slapdash.

5.0 out of 5 stars again the best, March 18 2004
Jennifer White "dezdmona" (Fort Drum, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Again The Magic (Mass Market Paperback)
I like Kleypas. I haven't read one of her books that didn't thrill me to the point of searching out the shelves for another by her. And this book is no different. I like a hero with a vengence. A purposeful vengence mind you. I hate the books that have a plot based on micommunication between the characters. Dramatic irony belongs in Shakespeare. McKenna has a reason to be angry with Aline. Though he thinks she sent him away the real issue is his inability to think of himself as worthy of her or of his new status. His anger and apprehension both are believable. And I really like to see a hero struggle with his only feelings and try to hide them becuase he thinks the lady is unaffected by their tryst. The statement he makes after he takes her on her knees...oh man, he is too good. I don't normally like heroines that are gimpy but I liked Aline. I have seen burn scars and they aren't pretty. But she never lets it change who she is, just her wilingness to show anyone. And the extra bit with her sister and Shaw was just the right amount to not distract from the main storyline. It's a good read. I recommend it highly.

Again The Magic
Again The Magic by Lisa Kleypas (Mass Market Paperback - Jan. 8 2004)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54