Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on November 26, 2000
I began my love of romance novels with Johanna Lindsey and have read all of her novels. For those of you who have, like me, been disappointed with her recent works, I am proud to say that this (to me) is much better than the ones in the most recent years. This one is considerably shorter, but I found that better. In her most recent works I found myself getting very bored in the middle waiting for something interesting to happen only to feel that I almost wasted my time reading for days. With this one, I read it from start to finish and didn't get bored once. Please don't get me wrong, it is not nearly the J.L. I was hoping for but it was better.
Bottom line: If you want a book that is a cute, christmas story that will be a short read between christmas shopping, go for it. However, borrow it if you can b/c it really is not worth the amount that you have to pay for the hardcover book.
on November 11, 2000
I wish I had checked the reviews before I purchased the book! I have to say that the tension between Larissa & Vincent seems lacking. I would reach the midpoint of a chapter & it would leave me hanging. There are no long descriptions in the romantic scenes, that have made Johanna Lindsey's book so popular. Usually takes several days for me to finish a novel, however, I finished this one in a day!
on December 28, 2001
This is a good little book to read during the holidays. Decent characters. Decent plot. However, it's shorter and less detailed than Johanna Lindsey's usual works. It was obviously written as a holiday treat and not as one of her regular novels. It's tepid whereas I would describe some of her other works as hot. I recommend borrowing this one from the library before committing to a purchase.
on February 3, 2001
This book was not Lindsey's typical writing. However, I still enjoyed it. It is an excellent book if you are looking for a quick reading, light romance!