Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(1 star).Show all reviews
on July 5, 2002
This book was a severe disappointment, especially since J. Quinn is one of my favorite authors. The whole problem for me stems from the 'hero'. Basically, he treats the heroine like dirt for 90% of the story. After 2 other books, I feel well-acquainted with the Bridgerton family, and I think it is fair to say that Quinn intends to present them as "good" people. I find it hard to believe that a person with even a modicum of goodness would treat anyone (even a servant) with the appalling lack of respect that Benedict shows Sophie. I would recommend that any reader skip this one (especially if you like the other Bridgertons) and move on to Colin's book.
on May 14, 2002
This book left me completely cold. I didn't care for the way the "gentleman" treated poor Sophie and I thought there was entirely no chemistry between them, very unusual for one of my favorite authors. When will these heroes learn that when a woman says no, she means no!
I was so disappointed, in fact, that I returned the book after I finished reading it, something that I never do!
Of course, I am greatly looking forward to Julia Quinn's next book in the series and I sincerely doubt she will let me down again.
on July 5, 2004
This is the absolute worst novel by Julia Quinn. I have always loved her books, but after reading this one I was leery of continuing to read anything by her. Happily, her next few redeemed her. I would not recommend this one at all, unless you would like to despise the "hero" and feel ashamed of the "heroine". This was definitely a disappointing novel and has made me much more cautious about reading Julia Quinn, whose storytelling I always adored. The only gentlemen I found in this book were secondary characters, not Benedict - though his name seems quite appropriate. I don't even include this book with my Julia Quinn collection, that is how much I dislike it.