march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Kitchen Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on January 8, 2001
Johanna Lindsey is undoubtably one of my favorite romance writers. I can't tell you why. She was one of the first authors I read, and I've kept pace with her over the years. If a reader has read more than say 3 of her books, they sense very definate patterns. While that formula is very successful, it does get a bit tedious in its endless repetition. This book, while enjoyable, follows that same predictability of plot.
Kristen stows away on her brother, Selig's ship and finds herself inadvertantly going raiding with the Vikings. Unfortunately, their intended victims are a bit more prepared for them than they ever knew. This leads to the enslaving of Kristen and her band of Viking warriors. Enter predictable "dueling of fiery woman who is enslaved/held captive by a dangerous and ridiculously handsome master" storyline. In its execution, this story was well written. If you've read a Lindsey or two, this book holds no surprises. But, if that formula still captures your attention? Then this book is as good as any of her books. Strongly written characters and a very interesting time of history inhabited.
on April 7, 2004
I was mislead into believing that this book would be a captivating love story. Much to my dismay, it was not nearly so. When I read the excerpt, I just had to have it. It appeared that Kristine was a strong-willed and firey woman. I'll admit that she could rumble with the best of men. But she became so utterly submissive for Royce, I was disgusted. He treated her like crap to me. For almost the whole book he was engaged to another woman, while bedding Kristine practically every night. He was a jerk.
I liked how bold Kristine was with him. She is one of the few heroines who is not ashamed to desire a man and show it. The fighting scenes between her and practically the whole household were hysterical and entertaining. Still, Royce's lack of moral and emotion (besides anger, resentment and jealousy) were a bit much.
If you want to read a story about a strong-willed woman and steamy love scenes, read "Lord of a Thousand Nights" by Madeline Hunter.
on April 7, 2004
If you want to read a story about a strong-willed woman and steamy love scenes, read "Stealing Heaven" by Madeline Hunter.
on December 1, 2002
I read this book after I had already read "Surrender My Love", which is Selig's story. After that great book I couldn't wait to get my hands on the other stories. Well I was thoroughly disappointed with this book. All I kept thinking throughout the entire book was what a jerk Royce was. I just couldn't get past that. Don't get me wrong! I love Johanna Lindsey, and I don't think she can ever write a bad book. Her dialouge, wit, and humour is always apparent. Yet, this book just didn't cut it for me. I do recommend this book with a 3 star rating, but I also recommend reading the trilogy in order. Don't start at the end like I did.