march boutiques-francophones SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store Tools Family sports

4.6 out of 5 stars1,010

on May 13, 2016
Loved, loved the Outlander. I had a hard time putting the book down. A real page turner I highly recommend this book you will not be disappointed.
on May 11, 2016
By far one of my favorite books! A must read
on May 10, 2016
I love it. It's a good read indeed, I have a hard time putting the book down. Buy it and love it yourself.
on May 3, 2016
I missed the first season of the tv series, and when I finally discovered the show, I needed to read the series for my self. The detail and dialogue have a unique style that I am enjoying. I will soon finish this first novel and begin the second of many. Even with the tv show, I will continue to follow the drama within the pages of the series... Enjoying every word.
on May 3, 2016
I saw season one on DVD, the book was very good went into detail that the film couldn't.
on April 25, 2016
Really love the series. Can't get enough!
on April 21, 2016
I love the book
on April 18, 2016
Amazing vibrant romantic and sexy. Can't put down!
on March 14, 2016
I read this book when it was first published, 23 years ago. It was fine for what it was; a science fiction story. It was written before there was any social media. Or e- books. As a Brit, I loved stories of mysterious Britain; standing stones abound throughout the UK. I, like many, dropped the story once it left Scotland. I guess the author was more at home with her history, when it came to America? I re read the first few chapters in the latest publication of this book. The mistakes jumped out. I couldn't believe that Gabaldon's editors did not correct those glaring errors. I understand the author wrote Outlander as an experiment. She had to search for the date that WW2 ended! Then, having found out that 1945 was the date, she assumed that rationing also ended in 1945! Her description of Claire's joy at seeing the shelves in the shops full of all the goods that had not been seen since before the was so very wrong, that the fact that her editors have never corrected her assumption leaves me, and so many others aghast at this, most basic mistake. Full rationg of all things, from food to furniture, clothing, kitchen utensils, shoes, petrol/ gas, even water was in force for 14 years! 1939 to 1954! Claire and Frank would have needed their ration books. As they were recently married, they would be at the top of the 6 month waiting list for furniture and bedding. They would still be rationed to 8 ounces of meat per person per week. 1 shell egg per week if available. 1 jar of jam every 2 months. As I said, there was no social media 23 years ago. Outlander was a science fiction book. I will give Outlander 2 stars. I'm not sure it's worth that. At a time when so many romance readers do not like cheaters, I'm surprised that Claire could be seen as anything else.
on March 12, 2016