Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on July 2, 2001
As a devoted Elmore Leonard fan, I jump at any opportunity to read anything of his. When I saw this collection of mostly 50's western short stories, I did not quite know what to expect. But, I should have know that Elmore Leonard's work would contain the same interesting characters that I have grown to expect.
It was interesting to read some of his early work.
"Three-Ten To Yuma" was an interesting story... I remember the movie that was made from the idea of this story. "Only Good Ones" is a great story that Leonard later wrote into a full blown novel "Valdez Is Coming".... and made into a top notch movie with Burt Lancaster in the title roll.
I particularly liked "Trouble At Rindo's Station".
I highly reccomend this collection to any Elmore Leonard fan and hope that others not familiar with his work will check it out and perhaps read other things he has written.... "Hombre" is one of the best westerns ever written. And please try his later works when he switched from writing westerns to crime stories. He still has the same rich characters and great dialogue.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 1998
Reading Elmore Leonard is like eating candy. The main difference between these stories of the 1950's and his later work is that the heroes of these stories are not cynical.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse