5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book
Danielle Steel is my favorite author. I have all of her books in hardcover. I just wait for her next one! This was a great book, just like all of her books, my only problem, is that once I start reading her books, I don't want to put them down. I have been known to read way into the wee hours of the morning, and I usually finish her books within 1 to 2 days.
I...
Published on Nov. 3 2002 by C. Bradley

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than most of her later stuff
Published on June 2 2003 by Jeannie Ruesch

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than most of her later stuff, June 2 2003
Jeannie Ruesch (Winters, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cottage (Hardcover)
I have read virtually every Danielle Steel book out there. In fact, for many years, the minute I saw the book on the shelf, I was a bit lighter in my pocket for having bought it. I've been really disappointed in much of her later works - feeling that they were extremely repetitive and worn out plots. The Cottage is the best of the latter works I have read. I enjoyed the characters, though I would have liked to see more of the interaction between Alex and Jimmy, as well as Mark and Taryn. Overall, a light, enjoyable read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Unimpressed, April 27 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Cottage (Hardcover)
I have to say this is by far the WORST Danielle Steel book I have ever read. Being a 31 year old woman I just could not get into the affair between the 30 year old woman and 70 year old man that takes place through almost the entire book. Honestly, it was too gross to even imagine. I could not relate to any of the characters nor would I ever want too. The ending was very disturbing...almost like an episode of 90210 the way everyone was switching bed buddies. YUCK! If you MUST read this book wait for the paper back or check it out at the library. But, in all honesty there's got to be a better use of your time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, Feb. 12 2004
Joan Gates (California) - See all my reviews
I had not read Danielle Steel in several years. I found The Cottage to be shallow, implausible, and completely predictable. I was very disappointed with this work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty darn good book, July 11 2003
By A Customer
Very good reading. Couldn't put it down after the first couple of chapters!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but not her best, June 23 2003
By A Customer
It was a very good book. Predictable and not her best, but I liked it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but not her best, June 23 2003
By A Customer
It was a very good book. Predictable and not her best, but I liked it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could Have Been Better, May 23 2003
By A Customer
I have been reading DS books for years and I think this was one of her worst. I enjoyed the story at first, but I feel the ending was rushed. I mean one day Alex is in love with Coop, the next with Jimmy. Then Coop is married all within a few pages. I think had a little more time been put into the ending the book could have been better.

Randy Miller (Taylorville, IL USA) - See all my reviews
reccomend it to anyone! Danielle Steele is truly a romantic genius.

Randy Miller (Taylorville, IL USA) - See all my reviews
Danielle Steele is a master artist at slowly piecing a book together, such as one of her better novels, The Cottage. This book consists of amazing characters that are split from the lives they once knew, and later are puzzled back together for a friendly meeting. Each main character, Jimmy, Mark, and Coop, are so different in their personalities but yet so much alike in their experiences. They cry, laugh, and just simply have fun when they are finally together. These three men share many similar situations throughout the novel and in the end, they all meet and talk about those certain happenings in each of their lives. How woman have left, cheated, and even passed away but they dealt with it and moved on. Luckily, they all found each other in their differences and similarities to be best friends. The capturing way Steele writes activates your emotions and slams your reality-way of thinking. She has a "happily-ever-after" touch to her writing and it takes your breathe away. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this selection and would reccomend it to anyone! Danielle Steele is truly a romantic genius.

The Cottage
The Cottage by Danielle Steel (Hardcover - Feb. 26 2002)
CDN$ 39.95 CDN$ 31.96
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available