5.0 out of 5 stars How could we forget you
Published on March 11 2008 by Sarah Cloutier

3.0 out of 5 stars Silly dramatic fun!
This is my second Kinsella book to consume; I say consume because it's an easy book to read fast. The first was "Twenties Girl" which I liked better overall, but this one is a funny bundle of laughs. One minute Twenty-eight year old Lexi is partying with work pals and then next minute she wakes up in the hospital with amnesia, having forgotten the last three years of her...
Published 15 months ago by Cee Ess

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars How could we forget you, March 11 2008
Sarah Cloutier "Avid reader" (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I have to say this book was great! I read it in two days! It was fun to "meet" the characters as Lexi met them in the book. This book was a humorous yet telling story about what it would be like to wake up with no memory and to have to lead a life that you have no idea how to navigate, to live with a husband that you don't remember meeting. I felt for Lexi as she tried to live the life she was told she had and to follow the rules that she set for herself in the yerars that she lost!

I hope these characters lead to another great series of books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe the best yet!!!, March 8 2008
K. Nuyen (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I loved this book and could not put it down until I finished it. I have read all her books and enjoyed them all. I found this story line to be unique. Memory loss, a new life, secrets...romance! All mixed with Kinsella's humour. I really, really hope there is a sequel! I love these characters!

5.0 out of 5 stars I remember you..., Feb. 2 2009
Jamieson Villeneuve "Author at Large" (Ottawa Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Remember Me? (Paperback)
Lexi Smart is having a bad go of things.

She didn't get a bonus from work, her boyfriend Loser Dave has stood her up for the millionth time and her father has just died. She has a dead end job that's going nowhere, has frizzy hair and bad teeth. She knows that something has to change soon.

Unfortunately, that change comes in the form of a car accident.

Upon waking up in the hospital, Lexi is a new woman. Her bad teeth are replaced with white shiny ones, her frizzy hair is now sleek and lovely and she has a new job as director of her own department.

Hang on, that can't be right, can it?

Lexi quickly learns that she has amnesia and she's forgotten the last three years of her life. Her mother has gotten older, her younger sister is now sixteen and she has a husband named Eric she doesn't remember marrying.

As Lexi tries to get used to her new life, she's in for a few rude awakenings. None of her friends talk to her any longer, she's become the bitch boss from hell and, if that's not bad enough, it seems she's been having an affair with Jon, a sexy, and very handsome, architect.

Lexi will have to act quickly otherwise her entire new life will start to crumble. But that could be exactly what she needs to remember everything....

I am a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella. Every time I open one of her novels, I know that I'm in for a laugh out loud read that fills me with joy. Her books are always funny, touching in all the right places and just plain fun.

I was not disappointed with Remember Me? In fact, this is Kinsella's best effort yet. Lexi is an improvement on past leading women that Kinsella has written. Instead of being a little bit daft and slightly dumb, Lexi is smart and intuitive and very intelligent. It's a breath of fresh air to read about a protagonist who isn't silly or over the top.

The secondary characters are better fleshed out in Remember Me? as well. Lexi's dog loving mother is a riot and Eric, charming husband as he is, is absolutly hysterical. Kinsella constantly pens people that are real, people you know. People you love to hate and people you root for.

Remember Me? is not as laugh out loud funny as her other books. However, rather than taking away from the book, I feel that this is one of the book's strengths. The story is a lot more personal and introspective than her usual fare, and a lot more heartfelt. Because of this you may not laugh as much but you'll cry a little. Have a box of tissues handy.

Remember Me? is a funny, heart breaking romp through memory, life, love and lust and I loved every blessed page. I think it's Kinsellsa's best effort yet. It's fun, fresh and fabulous - absolutely perfect in every way.

Pick yourself up a copy and get one for your best friend. You won't be sorry and, thankfully, you'll remember it once you've finished reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great entertainer, Jan. 1 2009
Eva XX (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Remember Me? (Paperback)
this book kept me well entertained for a couple of nights... sadly no more than that because you'll simply want to take it everywhere until you finish it. It's engaging, moving and i loved the british humor. this is the first Kinsella book I've read and now I can't wait to dive into some of her other ones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and cute, March 2 2010
Sarah D. (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Remember Me? (Paperback)
I just loved this book. There were times when I laughed out loud at the reactions of the main character. The storyline is original and caught my attention from beginning to end. I can totally relate to Lexi, which I found much more lovable and deep than the Shopaholic serie(Confessions of a Shopaholic).
I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a light read, without being bored to death by superficial characters.
Loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Put it Down!!, June 13 2008
Destiny (Fort Worth, TX) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
This book engrossed me from the start. It is not only downright hilarious at times, but Sophie Kinsella makes readers truly think about your own life - if you suddenly didn't know yourself, and had to remember, would you like what you were to find? It also made me think about how lucky I am to not have everything there is to have in life, as once you do, what exactly is it you're aiming for, then? This book shouldn't even be considered "chick lit", but something everybody should pick up, read, and think about!

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but that is all., July 18 2008
J. Choi - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
It is a modern Cinderella story. It is purely entertaining, so if you were looking for a book soley for entertainment, this book would be a good choice. I read the book over the weekend. Once I opened the book, I didn't really want to put it down simply because the book was fun and enjoyable. Did I take anything away from the book? No.
I would recommend it as a fun summer book. I wouldn't recommend it if you were looking for a book that leaves you thoughts and lasting impression.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's totally a page turner but...it's forgettable, Oct. 11 2009
Tohru (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought this book and finished it within a day. I couldn't put it down. The story was entertaining and funny yet I find something lacking. I just don't know what. Half way through the book I was so annoyed at the overuse of the word "bloody". I suppose the author tried to make it funny but it wasn't to me...Overall, I believe it's worth for one time read or when you're bored and have nothing else to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember me?, Oct. 13 2008
Ce commentaire est de: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I am a big fan of Sophie kinsella. I have read all of our novels. I liked this book because it kept going! there was never a dull moment. It kept you guessing till the end. Which i like. I hate it when i start a book and there is nothing to catch my attention. I was rooting for lexi the whole way through. I hope everyone who reads this book enjoys it as much as i did.
lorin b.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best books yet, Aug. 6 2009
Tam Pham (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Remember Me? (Paperback)
Read this book in about 3 days and it was great, one of her best books yet. The story is capitvating and it's a journey of self discovery and written in a very witty and humorous fashion. Makes you wonder how you'd feel if you woke up with no memories of anything other than what happend to you 3 years ago. Like a trip to the future. Definitely worth the read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Remember Me?
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella (Paperback - Oct. 28 2008)
CDN$ 17.50 CDN$ 12.64