5.0 out of 5 stars Light, funny and entertaining
This is an enjoyable book, great for those times you want something that reads just like a rom-com. Don't over analyse it and it'll provide you a few hours of entertainment and probably a few laughs. Why not?
Published 10 months ago by AK

3.0 out of 5 stars Silly dramatic fun!
Published 12 months ago by Cee Ess

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, light and fun, Jan. 19 2014
This review is from: Remember Me? (Kindle Edition)
One of Sophie's great reads after You've Got My Number! Good writing, humour, plot, message, ending. For anyone interested in knowing how an injured brain thinks, rationalizes.

4.0 out of 5 stars No surprises, Dec 28 2013
This review is from: Remember Me? (Kindle Edition)
The ending was a little predictable. It moved quickly enough but there were no surprises. Too bad you could see the ending coming too early in the story

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, funny and entertaining, Oct. 26 2013
This review is from: Remember Me? (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Silly dramatic fun!, Aug. 29 2013
Cee Ess - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Remember Me? (Kindle Edition)
This is my second Kinsella book to consume; I say consume because it's an easy book to read fast. The first was "Twenties Girl" which I liked better overall, but this one is a funny bundle of laughs. One minute Twenty-eight year old Lexi is partying with work pals and then next minute she wakes up in the hospital with amnesia, having forgotten the last three years of her life. The premise is far-out, but take it for what it is and go along for the ride as Lexi tries to sort out who she is and what's important to her. The strength of this book is certainly its creative humour tagged to notion of being true to yourself and trusting your instincts.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOL funny, addictively hard to put down, Aug. 7 2013
Buggy "SUNNIE Day reader" (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This was a super fun read as all of Kinsella's books are. Not too much brain-power needed, just a good time. If you're in the mood for chick-lit it doesn't get much better than this. REMEMBER ME was addictively hard to put down as well as LOL funny in places and I got sucked right into the chaos of the heroine's life and the double romance. Imagine not remembering that you're having an affair.

Lexi Smart is having a crappy night, in her words "On a scale of one to ten we're talking ...a minus six. And it's not like I even have very high standards."

Standing in the rain after a night out clubbing with friends, Lexi just wants to find a taxi, get home and kick off her agonizing boots. Yup, it's been a crap day all right, her boyfriend (Loser Dave) stood her up and her second-rate job managed to screw her out of the Christmas bonus on a technicality. Tomorrow promises to be even worse though, it's her father's funeral. Before she can moan about the state of her life any further Lexi tops the night off by slipping on the wet street and tumbling down a flight of stairs.

When Lexi wakes up she's in a London hospital, but hold on something's a little off... she's in a private room and her nails are manicured, her teeth are perfect (guess they can't call her Snaggletooth anymore) her body is toned and thin (squeal) and her handbag is Vuitton.

The nurse also mentioned that she was in a car accident (in a Mercedes no less) but Lexi can't drive and she definitely can't afford that car or that purse. When her Mother and sister show up Lexi starts to panic because her mother looks strange and damn, what's happened to her little sister, she's all grown up?

As the Doctors explain it Lexi is suffering from amnesia and is missing the last 3 years of her life which would mean she's now...28 (sob) but it's not all bad because somehow in that time she's married a hunky multimillionaire and become a cooperate big shot. Apparently she now lives in a Kensington loft and has a personal assistant and a trainer and new puffy lips and a carb free diet and glamorous new friends (what about her old friends and toast?)

Lexi's got a ton of catching up to do if she's going to make this exciting new life work and she might just pull it off. But she misses her friends (they won't even talk to her anymore) and toast (sigh) and can't understand how she become that b!tch "The Cobra" at the office and this is all before Jon the architect shows up. Yeah Jon, the guy she's supposedly having an affair with and is going to leave her husband for.

This book just hit the spot. Cheers

3.0 out of 5 stars worth a two year wait? not really!, March 16 2013
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I started reading this book when I found it on the bookshelf in a hotel I was staying in two years ago. I got about a third of the way through before I left and was feeling intrigued, but not keen enough to buy the book myself to find out what happened.

I have finally come across it in the local library and completed it. And... it was ok. Sophie Kinsella is skilled at what she does and like all her books it is fast paced and addictive reading. I've read most of her books, but all borrowed from the library as I don't think I'd want to read them again.

I found Lexi fairly likeable, with the redeeming feature that she is generally honest, not a serial liar like the increasingly irritating Becky Brandon in the Shopaholic books. I became a little bored of the constant questions at the start of the book, and many things were never really explained, like what actually happened after she hit her head the first time? Why was Jon "between cars"? Lexi mother comes across as a strange character - several of Kinsella's mother figures are either non-existent or completely unsupportive - I wonder if there is some deeper reason for this. And, as many others have said, the ending was somewhat rushed.

Typical Kinsella fare then - light and amusing but a lot of loose or poorly explained ends which let it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Sophie Kinsella book yet!, Feb. 2 2012
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I have read every Sophie Kinsella book - including her books under her real name Madeline Wickham and this is by far my favorite. I really feel for Lexi waking up and not remembering anything and this seemingly perfect life she has. The supporting characters are great. Sometimes I find myself cringing with embarrassment over Kinsella's main leads but i find Lexi really refreshing. She is still the somewhat awkward persona that Kinsella enjoys writing but with more common sense! Really a great light read! I stayed up all night to finish it!

5.0 out of 5 stars How could we forget you, March 11 2008
Sarah Cloutier "Avid reader" (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I have to say this book was great! I read it in two days! It was fun to "meet" the characters as Lexi met them in the book. This book was a humorous yet telling story about what it would be like to wake up with no memory and to have to lead a life that you have no idea how to navigate, to live with a husband that you don't remember meeting. I felt for Lexi as she tried to live the life she was told she had and to follow the rules that she set for herself in the yerars that she lost!

I hope these characters lead to another great series of books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe the best yet!!!, March 8 2008
K. Nuyen (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me? (Hardcover)
I loved this book and could not put it down until I finished it. I have read all her books and enjoyed them all. I found this story line to be unique. Memory loss, a new life, secrets...romance! All mixed with Kinsella's humour. I really, really hope there is a sequel! I love these characters!

5.0 out of 5 stars a great entertainer, Jan. 1 2009
Eva XX (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me? (Paperback)
this book kept me well entertained for a couple of nights... sadly no more than that because you'll simply want to take it everywhere until you finish it. It's engaging, moving and i loved the british humor. this is the first Kinsella book I've read and now I can't wait to dive into some of her other ones!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Remember Me?
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella (Paperback - Oct. 28 2008)
CDN$ 17.50 CDN$ 12.64