5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!!!
I admit I had been dissapointed a little with Sophie Kinsella's last couple of books I thought maybe the Shopaholic series would be the best I would read, But I LOVED!!! this book. It made me laugh, late for work cause I was up late trying to finish reading it and could not put it down.

I would love if this turns into a new series cause I loved these...
Published on Feb. 25 2012 by Saidee

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute if you can get past silly and rambling
The premise is too ridiculous to outline in full. Basically, an engaged women picks up a phone from a trash bin and begins a conversation with it's rightful owner, bringing them closer together. This is in the midst of her preparing to marry another man who ironically she doesn't know much at all.

Kinsella does dialogue well, and that is what carries this book...
Published 6 months ago by Cee Ess

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!!!, Feb. 25 2012
This review is from: I've Got Your Number: A Novel (Hardcover)

I would love if this turns into a new series cause I loved these characters.

Please make this one into a movie!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and cute, March 16 2013
G. Petec "Gia" (Canada) - See all my reviews
I have read all Kinsella’s books. Even the ones before she started using the pen name Kinsella.

This one compares with the Shopaholic series. Finally. Bubbly funny, upbeat, anchored in reality, I could not stop listening. I have fallen asleep on it (that’s how far I took it) and got a bit sad when it ended, you do tend to finish a book a lot faster when you just have to listen to it. I saw comments about the footnotes being annoying: if you get the audio book (which is read to perfection- I listened to hundreds so I know) Jayne Entwistle reads them so cutely, I actually loved the idea.

The ending was not extraordinary but not bad either. This is not a book that will enrich your vocabulary, make you feel smarter or remember some essential truth that would guide your life choices, but it is a super amusing story that will make you feel lighter and happier. You will remember that everything can change any time and everything can get infinitely worse or better in a matter of minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like her old self again, April 1 2012
S. Gatien "Sooph1e" (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I've Got Your Number: A Novel (Hardcover)
I LOVED this book, and I was really glad to find these well written, witty lines. I didn't enjoy "Twenties girl" and was afraid of Kinsella losing her touch. But this book is incredibly reminiscent of the Shopaholic collection. Great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, April 8 2014
This review is from: I've Got Your Number: A Novel (Hardcover)
I love this book. It was so hard to put down. I am looking forward to more Sophie Kinsella books. I recommend it if you are a shopaholic fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't stop smiling, Feb. 1 2014
As far as Chick Lit goes, this was probably the best book I've ever read. I absolutely loved it. I found myself laughing out loud and smiling constantly. Except for the ending, it was full of surprises, and even the ending was executed in a way I wasn't expecting. It was just so enjoyable! Loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Got Your Number, Jan. 8 2014
I am listening to this while driving and have to just lol often!! Some very cute, quirky twists and such a lot of fun. The best of Sophie yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!, Jan. 4 2014
This story makes you laugh right at the beginning and keeps you entertained the whole time. It is so current with everyone texting each other now days. Once I finished the book, I went back to re-read the parts I enjoyed a lot. That is a sign of a great story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute if you can get past silly and rambling, Oct. 10 2013
Cee Ess - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Kinsella does dialogue well, and that is what carries this book especially given that it's basis is email conversations. I had to stop half way through because it was dragging too much with extraneous scenes, especially with the parents of the groom to be. There are some hilarious, memorable scenes with trademark Kinsella wit and creativity. They include singing in public, a lost ring (which is overly obsessed about), a scrabble game by email and a search by the two smitten characters when they're lost in the woods.

Although not my favourite book by Kinsella as a whole piece, there were worthy moments in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Books and Bindings Review, July 5 2013
What if you lost your engagement ring? What if you lost your phone? And you're wedding is in less than two weeks? I'm not the type to brood over losing a piece of jewelry given by my significant other, but losing an engagement ring that has been in the guy's family heirloom for generations is a different story. I'd be panicking - bordering crazy - if that ever happened to me.

I was quite entertained and how she wrote it made me kept reading until 3am. I just couldn't put the book down. I liked Poppy's character a lot - funny, silly, non-confrontational, and selfless. I loved how you could make her do anything she could to help out people she doesn't even know.

"I have no idea what to say next. I don't speak Japanese, I don't know anything about Japanese business or Japanese culture. Apart from sushi. But I can't exactly go up to him and say "Sushi!" out of the blue. It would be like going up to a top American businessman and saying "T-bone steak!"

I also found Sam quite likable. I liked how he wasn't perfect or someone who'd sweep you off your feet right from the start. I liked how he was always there, but never implied he wanted anything more (probably trying not to confuse Poppy knowing that she's engaged or he didn't realize he wanted her until the last few chapters, I don't know). I simply loved their too-friendly-but-not-flirty relationship.

"Thanks. Good save. That was sharp of you. Are you always this sharp?"
Yeah right. I'm so sharp, the only Scrabble word I can come up with is PIG.

You already crossed that line, he texted back. What's the difference? And then he added, Flattered you thought I was a genius.

The ending was very well put together, too. I loved how you could see really big changes both in Poppy and Sam, without going overboard, towards the end. I'm very happy and surprisingly satisfied with the ending. It wasn't what you'd usually expect in a contemporary romance novel - being the main characters are madly in love with each other and all the I-can't-live-without-you yadda, yadda, yadda - but it was perfect!

And suddenly life is good.
I know that things are still uncertain; I know that reality hasn't gone away. There'll be explanations and recriminations and messiness. But right now I'm entwined with a man I think I might love. And I haven't married the man I know I don't love. And from where I'm looking, that's pretty good going, for now.

I really enjoyed reading the book. I was light, easy, and a perfect summer read. I definitely recommend it.

For more reviews like this, please visit [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars a fun read, June 28 2013
Didn't disappoint. Very funny story and I could easily see it also be a movie. Well worth the time reading.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xc1303b94)

I've Got Your Number: A Novel
I've Got Your Number: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella (Hardcover - Feb. 14 2012)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01