5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!!!
I admit I had been dissapointed a little with Sophie Kinsella's last couple of books I thought maybe the Shopaholic series would be the best I would read, But I LOVED!!! this book. It made me laugh, late for work cause I was up late trying to finish reading it and could not put it down.

I would love if this turns into a new series cause I loved these...
Published on Feb. 25 2012 by Saidee

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute if you can get past silly and rambling
The premise is too ridiculous to outline in full. Basically, an engaged women picks up a phone from a trash bin and begins a conversation with it's rightful owner, bringing them closer together. This is in the midst of her preparing to marry another man who ironically she doesn't know much at all.

Kinsella does dialogue well, and that is what carries this book...
Published 11 months ago by Cee Ess

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!!!, Feb. 25 2012
This review is from: I've Got Your Number: A Novel (Hardcover)

I would love if this turns into a new series cause I loved these characters.

Please make this one into a movie!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, Funny and Enjoyable, Aug. 20 2014
Debra Purdy Kong (British Columbia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Massage therapist Poppy Wyatt is horrified when she loses her emerald engagement ring after a luncheon with friends. Thinking it might have been stolen, she rushes outside to call the police, however her phone is grabbed right out of her hand by a thief. As she heads back inside for help she spots someone else’s phone in the garbage bin and picks it up. Poppy learns that it’s the discarded business phone of a personal assistant who’s abruptly quit her job. Her employer, Sam Roxton, wants his phone back. Since Poppy’s already given this number to hotel staff and friends, she begs to keep it until her ring is found and promises to forward all of Sam’s messages to him. Reluctantly, he agrees. The more Poppy gets to know Sam via emails, the more she wants to help him sort out a growing scandal at the company. Sometimes, though, emails and texts don’t reveal everything. Other times they reveal far too much.

I’ve Got Your Number is a light, fun read incorporating technology in an interesting way. I liked that the flaky, snoopy, insecure Poppy has more depth, backbone, and morality than first appears. We see a woman who is totally intimidated by people become a stronger person willing to stand up for what’s right. Sam’s communications with Poppy also begin to reveal a different side than the blunt, humorless man she thought he was.

Poppy’s transformation was definitely welcome, as a whole book of ditzy behavior would have worn thin. As it was, the 100+ footnotes Poppy inserted in the tale became so annoying that I stopped reading them. Also, many of the other characters are two-dimensional. On the upside, though, the story had me laughing out loud in places. Those who want a quick, light, fun read will enjoy this novel, especially if you like footnotes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and cute, March 16 2013
G. Petec "Gia" (Canada) - See all my reviews
I have read all Kinsella’s books. Even the ones before she started using the pen name Kinsella.

This one compares with the Shopaholic series. Finally. Bubbly funny, upbeat, anchored in reality, I could not stop listening. I have fallen asleep on it (that’s how far I took it) and got a bit sad when it ended, you do tend to finish a book a lot faster when you just have to listen to it. I saw comments about the footnotes being annoying: if you get the audio book (which is read to perfection- I listened to hundreds so I know) Jayne Entwistle reads them so cutely, I actually loved the idea.

The ending was not extraordinary but not bad either. This is not a book that will enrich your vocabulary, make you feel smarter or remember some essential truth that would guide your life choices, but it is a super amusing story that will make you feel lighter and happier. You will remember that everything can change any time and everything can get infinitely worse or better in a matter of minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like her old self again, April 1 2012
S. Gatien "Sooph1e" (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I've Got Your Number: A Novel (Hardcover)
I LOVED this book, and I was really glad to find these well written, witty lines. I didn't enjoy "Twenties girl" and was afraid of Kinsella losing her touch. But this book is incredibly reminiscent of the Shopaholic collection. Great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Will read again, June 10 2014
This book was such a page turner. Once again, Sophie Kinsella hooks you right at the beginning and keeps the story going at such a great pace. Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, April 8 2014
This review is from: I've Got Your Number: A Novel (Hardcover)
I love this book. It was so hard to put down. I am looking forward to more Sophie Kinsella books. I recommend it if you are a shopaholic fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't stop smiling, Feb. 1 2014
As far as Chick Lit goes, this was probably the best book I've ever read. I absolutely loved it. I found myself laughing out loud and smiling constantly. Except for the ending, it was full of surprises, and even the ending was executed in a way I wasn't expecting. It was just so enjoyable! Loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Got Your Number, Jan. 8 2014
I am listening to this while driving and have to just lol often!! Some very cute, quirky twists and such a lot of fun. The best of Sophie yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!, Jan. 4 2014
This story makes you laugh right at the beginning and keeps you entertained the whole time. It is so current with everyone texting each other now days. Once I finished the book, I went back to re-read the parts I enjoyed a lot. That is a sign of a great story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute if you can get past silly and rambling, Oct. 10 2013
Cee Ess - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Kinsella does dialogue well, and that is what carries this book especially given that it's basis is email conversations. I had to stop half way through because it was dragging too much with extraneous scenes, especially with the parents of the groom to be. There are some hilarious, memorable scenes with trademark Kinsella wit and creativity. They include singing in public, a lost ring (which is overly obsessed about), a scrabble game by email and a search by the two smitten characters when they're lost in the woods.

Although not my favourite book by Kinsella as a whole piece, there were worthy moments in it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

I've Got Your Number: A Novel
I've Got Your Number: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella (Hardcover - Feb. 14 2012)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01