5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!!!
I admit I had been dissapointed a little with Sophie Kinsella's last couple of books I thought maybe the Shopaholic series would be the best I would read, But I LOVED!!! this book. It made me laugh, late for work cause I was up late trying to finish reading it and could not put it down.

I would love if this turns into a new series cause I loved these...
Published on Feb. 25 2012 by Saidee

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute if you can get past silly and rambling
The premise is too ridiculous to outline in full. Basically, an engaged women picks up a phone from a trash bin and begins a conversation with it's rightful owner, bringing them closer together. This is in the midst of her preparing to marry another man who ironically she doesn't know much at all.

Kinsella does dialogue well, and that is what carries this book...
Published 20 months ago by Cee Ess

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!!!, Feb. 25 2012
This review is from: I've Got Your Number: A Novel (Hardcover)

I would love if this turns into a new series cause I loved these characters.

Please make this one into a movie!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and cute, March 16 2013
G. Petec "Gia" (Canada) - See all my reviews
I have read all Kinsella’s books. Even the ones before she started using the pen name Kinsella.

This one compares with the Shopaholic series. Finally. Bubbly funny, upbeat, anchored in reality, I could not stop listening. I have fallen asleep on it (that’s how far I took it) and got a bit sad when it ended, you do tend to finish a book a lot faster when you just have to listen to it. I saw comments about the footnotes being annoying: if you get the audio book (which is read to perfection- I listened to hundreds so I know) Jayne Entwistle reads them so cutely, I actually loved the idea.

The ending was not extraordinary but not bad either. This is not a book that will enrich your vocabulary, make you feel smarter or remember some essential truth that would guide your life choices, but it is a super amusing story that will make you feel lighter and happier. You will remember that everything can change any time and everything can get infinitely worse or better in a matter of minutes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, Funny and Enjoyable, Aug. 20 2014
Debra Purdy Kong (British Columbia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Massage therapist Poppy Wyatt is horrified when she loses her emerald engagement ring after a luncheon with friends. Thinking it might have been stolen, she rushes outside to call the police, however her phone is grabbed right out of her hand by a thief. As she heads back inside for help she spots someone else’s phone in the garbage bin and picks it up. Poppy learns that it’s the discarded business phone of a personal assistant who’s abruptly quit her job. Her employer, Sam Roxton, wants his phone back. Since Poppy’s already given this number to hotel staff and friends, she begs to keep it until her ring is found and promises to forward all of Sam’s messages to him. Reluctantly, he agrees. The more Poppy gets to know Sam via emails, the more she wants to help him sort out a growing scandal at the company. Sometimes, though, emails and texts don’t reveal everything. Other times they reveal far too much.

I’ve Got Your Number is a light, fun read incorporating technology in an interesting way. I liked that the flaky, snoopy, insecure Poppy has more depth, backbone, and morality than first appears. We see a woman who is totally intimidated by people become a stronger person willing to stand up for what’s right. Sam’s communications with Poppy also begin to reveal a different side than the blunt, humorless man she thought he was.

Poppy’s transformation was definitely welcome, as a whole book of ditzy behavior would have worn thin. As it was, the 100+ footnotes Poppy inserted in the tale became so annoying that I stopped reading them. Also, many of the other characters are two-dimensional. On the upside, though, the story had me laughing out loud in places. Those who want a quick, light, fun read will enjoy this novel, especially if you like footnotes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Books and Bindings Review, July 5 2013
What if you lost your engagement ring? What if you lost your phone? And you're wedding is in less than two weeks? I'm not the type to brood over losing a piece of jewelry given by my significant other, but losing an engagement ring that has been in the guy's family heirloom for generations is a different story. I'd be panicking - bordering crazy - if that ever happened to me.

I was quite entertained and how she wrote it made me kept reading until 3am. I just couldn't put the book down. I liked Poppy's character a lot - funny, silly, non-confrontational, and selfless. I loved how you could make her do anything she could to help out people she doesn't even know.

"I have no idea what to say next. I don't speak Japanese, I don't know anything about Japanese business or Japanese culture. Apart from sushi. But I can't exactly go up to him and say "Sushi!" out of the blue. It would be like going up to a top American businessman and saying "T-bone steak!"

I also found Sam quite likable. I liked how he wasn't perfect or someone who'd sweep you off your feet right from the start. I liked how he was always there, but never implied he wanted anything more (probably trying not to confuse Poppy knowing that she's engaged or he didn't realize he wanted her until the last few chapters, I don't know). I simply loved their too-friendly-but-not-flirty relationship.

"Thanks. Good save. That was sharp of you. Are you always this sharp?"
Yeah right. I'm so sharp, the only Scrabble word I can come up with is PIG.

You already crossed that line, he texted back. What's the difference? And then he added, Flattered you thought I was a genius.

The ending was very well put together, too. I loved how you could see really big changes both in Poppy and Sam, without going overboard, towards the end. I'm very happy and surprisingly satisfied with the ending. It wasn't what you'd usually expect in a contemporary romance novel - being the main characters are madly in love with each other and all the I-can't-live-without-you yadda, yadda, yadda - but it was perfect!

And suddenly life is good.
I know that things are still uncertain; I know that reality hasn't gone away. There'll be explanations and recriminations and messiness. But right now I'm entwined with a man I think I might love. And I haven't married the man I know I don't love. And from where I'm looking, that's pretty good going, for now.

I really enjoyed reading the book. I was light, easy, and a perfect summer read. I definitely recommend it.

For more reviews like this, please visit [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 STARS, May 13 2013
Sofie (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I absolutely adored this book!!! As a 19-year-old - so super close to 20 - girl, rarely do I ever pick up a non-teenage fiction book. Especially if it doesn't have vampires, angels, mermaids, or an evil government. But a CHICK-LIT book? So not my type of book.

Until I read this one.

This is not my first Sophie Kinsella novel. When I was a pre-teen, I randomly read Shopaholic and Sister. A couple of weeks ago or so, I read Can You Keep A Secret? It was okay. Not great. I failed to see what was so special about it. But I've Got Your Number got very good reviews, and I really wanted to experiment a little outside of teenage fiction. I AM SO GLAD I BOUGHT THIS BOOK. The romance and chemistry between Sam and Poppy is so sweet and romantic. I loved it. Sam is a really great guy and I found him to have a perfect balance of fantastic qualities and flaws. Poppy is also a great heroine. Her meddling got a little annoying, but I get the impression that all of Sophie Kinsella's heroines are a bit flighty and, well, dim at times. I liked Poppy quite a bit. She's a nice, kind-hearted girl who just wants to be liked and to help others.

So why is this book so fantastic? it has humour (I literally lol'd in one scene about a mistake about a certain gift,) romance, and...A MYSTERY TO SOLVE! Yep, there is a crime in this book that Sam and Poppy must crack in order to save Sam's boss. No, this is NOT a mystery novel, but this mystery was wonderfully woven into the story without overwhelming it. This book frequently made me break out into smiles and I was genuinely enthralled with the story, unlike Can You Keep A Secret? which was just way, way too Chick-Lit for me.

So I absolutely adored I've Got Your Number. Will I read another Sophie Kinsella novel? Maybe in my late twenties or thirties. For now, I will stick with teenage fiction. But this book impressed me a lot, and now I feel I can no longer completely make fun of Chick-Lit. After all, one book did manage to make its way into my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie Kinsella is truly the queen of chick-lit, Oct. 4 2014
After the disappointment (at least to me) that was Mini-Shopaholic, it took me a while to want to read another Sophie Kinsella novel. In fact, I bought I've Got Your Number over a year ago and only just got around to reading it. But boy am I glad I did. The story is filled with twists, humor and intrigue and, of course, romance. The author has a gift for writing love stories without making them too cheesy or sappy, which is an easy trap to fall into when you write chick-lit. I was completely riveted, I could not put the book down and was even a little sad when I finished it. My love for Sophie's work has definitely been rekindled and I look forward to reading more from her!

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, May 16 2012
This review is from: I've Got Your Number: A Novel (Hardcover)
As most Sophia Kinsella books go, the heroine in this one could easily be Becky Bloomwood from the Shopaholic Series. There is something just so naive and lovable about her characters, always wanting to do good and ending up in trouble only to find love in the most unexpected person. It was a page turner, I held my breath and nearly shed a tear.
It was moving and delighting. Read it, read it now!

4.0 out of 5 stars That's more like it!, Feb. 3 2013
Betty (Victoria, BC CAN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I've Got Your Number: A Novel (Hardcover)
I am a little hesitant reading some of Sophie Kinsella's books because some are hit or miss. (not a fan of the Shopaholic series) This one did not disappoint. It was a funny, quick and easy read. Definitely did not want to put it down, exactly what a chick lit should be like. Looking forward to reading more of her work if it stays like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as usual!, March 13 2012
This review is from: I've Got Your Number: A Novel (Hardcover)
If you love Sophie Kinsella's books, you'll love this one. It's as good and funny as usual. She's the master of chicks litt. I've read every books she has written (even under Madeleine Wickham's name) and I surely wanted to read this one too. It's not her best, it's not one about Rebecca Bloomwood, but you'll love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like her old self again, April 1 2012
S. Gatien "Sooph1e" (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I've Got Your Number: A Novel (Hardcover)
I LOVED this book, and I was really glad to find these well written, witty lines. I didn't enjoy "Twenties girl" and was afraid of Kinsella losing her touch. But this book is incredibly reminiscent of the Shopaholic collection. Great read!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

I've Got Your Number: A Novel
I've Got Your Number: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella (Hardcover - Feb. 14 2012)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.26