Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on February 25, 2012
I admit I had been dissapointed a little with Sophie Kinsella's last couple of books I thought maybe the Shopaholic series would be the best I would read, But I LOVED!!! this book. It made me laugh, late for work cause I was up late trying to finish reading it and could not put it down.

I would love if this turns into a new series cause I loved these characters.

Please make this one into a movie!!
on March 16, 2013
I have read all Kinsella’s books. Even the ones before she started using the pen name Kinsella.

This one compares with the Shopaholic series. Finally. Bubbly funny, upbeat, anchored in reality, I could not stop listening. I have fallen asleep on it (that’s how far I took it) and got a bit sad when it ended, you do tend to finish a book a lot faster when you just have to listen to it. I saw comments about the footnotes being annoying: if you get the audio book (which is read to perfection- I listened to hundreds so I know) Jayne Entwistle reads them so cutely, I actually loved the idea.

The ending was not extraordinary but not bad either. This is not a book that will enrich your vocabulary, make you feel smarter or remember some essential truth that would guide your life choices, but it is a super amusing story that will make you feel lighter and happier. You will remember that everything can change any time and everything can get infinitely worse or better in a matter of minutes.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 13, 2013
I absolutely adored this book!!! As a 19-year-old - so super close to 20 - girl, rarely do I ever pick up a non-teenage fiction book. Especially if it doesn't have vampires, angels, mermaids, or an evil government. But a CHICK-LIT book? So not my type of book.

Until I read this one.

This is not my first Sophie Kinsella novel. When I was a pre-teen, I randomly read Shopaholic and Sister. A couple of weeks ago or so, I read Can You Keep A Secret? It was okay. Not great. I failed to see what was so special about it. But I've Got Your Number got very good reviews, and I really wanted to experiment a little outside of teenage fiction. I AM SO GLAD I BOUGHT THIS BOOK. The romance and chemistry between Sam and Poppy is so sweet and romantic. I loved it. Sam is a really great guy and I found him to have a perfect balance of fantastic qualities and flaws. Poppy is also a great heroine. Her meddling got a little annoying, but I get the impression that all of Sophie Kinsella's heroines are a bit flighty and, well, dim at times. I liked Poppy quite a bit. She's a nice, kind-hearted girl who just wants to be liked and to help others.

So why is this book so fantastic? it has humour (I literally lol'd in one scene about a mistake about a certain gift,) romance, and...A MYSTERY TO SOLVE! Yep, there is a crime in this book that Sam and Poppy must crack in order to save Sam's boss. No, this is NOT a mystery novel, but this mystery was wonderfully woven into the story without overwhelming it. This book frequently made me break out into smiles and I was genuinely enthralled with the story, unlike Can You Keep A Secret? which was just way, way too Chick-Lit for me.

So I absolutely adored I've Got Your Number. Will I read another Sophie Kinsella novel? Maybe in my late twenties or thirties. For now, I will stick with teenage fiction. But this book impressed me a lot, and now I feel I can no longer completely make fun of Chick-Lit. After all, one book did manage to make its way into my heart.
on October 4, 2014
After the disappointment (at least to me) that was Mini-Shopaholic, it took me a while to want to read another Sophie Kinsella novel. In fact, I bought I've Got Your Number over a year ago and only just got around to reading it. But boy am I glad I did. The story is filled with twists, humor and intrigue and, of course, romance. The author has a gift for writing love stories without making them too cheesy or sappy, which is an easy trap to fall into when you write chick-lit. I was completely riveted, I could not put the book down and was even a little sad when I finished it. My love for Sophie's work has definitely been rekindled and I look forward to reading more from her!
on March 13, 2012
If you love Sophie Kinsella's books, you'll love this one. It's as good and funny as usual. She's the master of chicks litt. I've read every books she has written (even under Madeleine Wickham's name) and I surely wanted to read this one too. It's not her best, it's not one about Rebecca Bloomwood, but you'll love it.
on February 1, 2014
As far as Chick Lit goes, this was probably the best book I've ever read. I absolutely loved it. I found myself laughing out loud and smiling constantly. Except for the ending, it was full of surprises, and even the ending was executed in a way I wasn't expecting. It was just so enjoyable! Loved it!
on January 4, 2014
This story makes you laugh right at the beginning and keeps you entertained the whole time. It is so current with everyone texting each other now days. Once I finished the book, I went back to re-read the parts I enjoyed a lot. That is a sign of a great story.
on April 1, 2012
I LOVED this book, and I was really glad to find these well written, witty lines. I didn't enjoy "Twenties girl" and was afraid of Kinsella losing her touch. But this book is incredibly reminiscent of the Shopaholic collection. Great read!
on October 21, 2015
I loved this book and couldn't put it down. It is funny, engaging to say the least, entertaining, positive, and romantic. Also, makes you think about being assertive and speaking up for yourself.
on June 14, 2013
This is a hilarious book! I highly recommend this and almost any other Sophie Kinsella book! They are a light read and a bit of a 'potboiler' but oh so satisfying!! Perfect for summer!