4.0 out of 5 stars A relatable journey, Oct. 30 2011
This review is from: The Good Girl's Guide to Getting Lost: A Memoir of Three Continents, Two Friends, and One Unexpected Adventure (Paperback)
Rachel Friedmans journey is like many taken by young travellers. Or not so young; I took my 18 months abroad in the thirties and many of Rachels experiences and feelings captured much of what I also found along my journey. Well written with great analogies, humour and honesty, Rachel provides an easy to read entertaining book. I am sure she had as much fun reliving her journey during the writing process as I had retracing her steps from my living room. This book is for anyone who enjoys good travel non-fiction, not just the young or those who have done the backpacker circuit.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book at inspired my (soon-to-be) adventures, Jan. 7 2013
Feeling particularly restless one weekend, I picked up a copy of TGGGTGL for a bit of inspiration. But after speeding through the story of a young woman coming into her own through her travels around the globe, I felt more inspired than ever to take my own journey. Rachel captures the emotions of adventure - including excitement, apprehension, and self-discovery - in a fun and motivational tale. Recommended for anyone considering a long-term trip, gap year, solo travel, or just looking for an armchair adventure.

CDN$ 19.00 CDN$ 13.72