biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on December 31, 2015
Received within a few days of purchasing! A great read, the author does a great job of explaining things. I understood everything even with my little knowledge of coding beforehand
on December 15, 2015
Very interesting and well written.
on November 22, 2015
A really good book which introduces the reader to cryptography by explaining what they are, how the we used in it's time and how to break it.
on November 13, 2015
A real eye opener to codes and ciphers. Written in an easy style to make a complex subject understandable.
on September 30, 2015
This is an excellent book as have been all of Singh's that I've read. Lots of stimulation to follow-up in more detail. His writing is also very clear and engaging.
on July 19, 2015
Awesome read, interesting history behind some historical events. No prior knowledge of cryptography is needed to understand the material. Would recommend to buy.
on March 7, 2015
Very readable by pretty much anybody. You either like puzzles or you don't. If you do, you will enjoy the insights into methodology presented here. After the first chapter it's possible to read it non-sequentially.
on February 23, 2015
Read this book years ago, but lent it to a friend... time to read it again.

This book is well written, and given the subject, very entertaining with 'real-world' explanations of applied cryptography.

A good primer on the principles of encryption.
on July 25, 2014
This book explains the history of cryptography clearly. It also explains how ciphers work and the difference between codes and ciphers. I have developed an interest in cryptography after the surveillance scandal,last year. This book made me even more interested in cryptography and now I have been looking for different books on cryptography. This book really opened my eyes about this subject and I hope I can contribute to the field. The only thing I didn't like about the book was the last chapter on quantum computers and quantum cryptography. Those fields are very interesting but my current capabilities limit my understanding making the reading of the chapter for me tedious. I liked appendices that delve deeper into certain forms of cryptography. I also like the further readings section and the cryptography puzzles, they are very helpful. I would recommend this book to anyone who want to know about cryptography and its impact on today's society(even though the book was written 15 years ago).
on July 14, 2014
What I expected to be a dry book on science and mathematics turned into a gripping story of creative successes and dismal failures.

They say "truth is weirder than fiction", but in this case, it's also more entertaining.