Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: HardcoverChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star).Show all reviews
on June 17, 2002
When I saw author Herman Gollob interviewed on PBS' Newshour, I was so impressed, I impulse ordered the book. TILT! Frankly, the born again Jewish stuff was a real off-the-wall turnoff and most of the book is about his attempt to prove that KING LEAR is a Talmudic piece grounded in Judacia. He consistently returns to preach and preaching he does. I felt he abused our language to demonstrate his vast knowledge of words. He has a memoir that is vital and exciting and occasionally shone through. He should dump the Torah and write his own story!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2002
I have to say that this book is an outrageous example of solopsism, written by one of the most self-engaged individuals imaginable. I chose to read this book because I thought I might encounter some interesting thoughts about the scholarly Shakespeare. That is not at all what the book is about! This is a book about only one thing: the phenomenal ego of Herman Gollub. Unless you are a close personal friend of this man, I don't recommend that you invest your time in this book. If you are a psychology student, studying the distorted perception of an oversized ego, than it might be worth your while. This book may have been helped by a vigorous editor; perhaps the individual in this case was reluctant to edit a peer. As a serious reader, I have no hesitation in warning other serious readers to stay far away from the narcissistic, self-congratulating drivel in "Me and Shakespeare."
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse