5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, June 16 2014
This review is from: Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game (Hardcover)
What an amazing book, it won't cut 10 strokes off your game instantly but it will teach teach you many valuable things that in the long run are truly helpful in improving your game.

5.0 out of 5 stars review of zen golf, May 19 2014
This review is from: Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book and it made a big improvement in my putting....all of a sudden my puts are going in. It is such a mental game . I will be reading parts of this book over and over...

5.0 out of 5 stars Zen Golf, April 29 2012
This review is from: Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game (Hardcover)
An amazing book that should be read by all golfers.....beginners, amateurs, pros and especially the struggling golfer! I have re read this book several times to instil it's wisdom into my game. Calms the mind, calms the hands, calms the golfer!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Entertaining Read on the Mental Side of Golf, Feb. 19 2012
This review is from: Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game (Hardcover)
A good golf game is a combination of having good golf swing mechanics and a good mental game. This book is an entertaining read on the mental side of golf. Anyone reading this book will surely walk away with a different view of things. The book itself is easy to read, covers many topics and offers many helpful ideas. This is one book you should include in your golf library. From the author of The Golf Swing: It's all in the Hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book, May 9 2009
This review is from: Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game (Hardcover)
This is the best thing to ever happen to my golf game. Now I can enjoy all the games, good or bad and I realise that, to quote, "It is okay to be serious about your golf but don't take golf seriously". Hitting a lower golf score will not make you happy but if you are happy you will shoot a lower score. So celebrate the good shots and forget the bad and have fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Golf Tool, Dec 21 2003
This review is from: Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game (Hardcover)
I'll Keep it short! This is by far the best Golf Tool I have ever used. Thanks Dr.Joseph Parent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowered my scores, Dec 12 2003
This review is from: Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game (Hardcover)
Okay, I'm not ready to turn pro now, but I had never once shot below 90 prior to reading this. Then, one night I was bored and picked it up (quick read -- couple hours or so) and decided to zen out next time on the course. I followed just a few simple ideas from the book and shot an 84. It was the first time in a while that golf was fun again and not so dang frustrating. Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listening Prepares Your Head for Golf, Sept. 29 2003
By A Customer
Often I have a 30 minute drive or more to my favorite local daily fee course in the area that I live. As soon as I turn off the cell phone and head to the course I listen to several chapters (and sometimes I skip around) among 4 CDs to prepare my head for the day's round. I arrive at the course focused on golf. And that's where this CD excels. Dr. Parent has been able to pinpoint the various mentals games and thoughts that we serious golfers (even at a 20 handicap) think about and agonize over ever time we play. This books helps me to focus. I highly recommend it on CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Focus Focus Focus, Feb. 17 2003
John D. Smead "seeker" (coto de caza, california United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game (Hardcover)
not as bad as the title sounds...maybe 4 3/4 stars...trys to get you to focus on what is right and not what will continue to distract you...a guy gave me the book to read that used to throw clubs when he was unhappy...said it changed his whole approach to the game...i havent seen him throw a club in 6 months so i thought I'd try the book too.
I never threw clubs and now I figured out why....same indian shoots all the arrows...why be mad at myself..?

5.0 out of 5 stars The Point, Oct. 8 2002
William Ray (Eugene, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game (Hardcover)
What's the point of golf? What are we trying to achieve while we're out there? Simply put, the point is to get the ball in the cup as quickly as possible and enjoy the process. I played a round early this summer, had an awful time, came off the course stressed and feeling bad about my behavior. I was literally hyperventalating over putts. Turns out I scored well. So something was amiss, right? This book has me enjoying the game again. Zen Golf is not a deep and difficult treatise of the deeper meaning of life and golf. It is closer to an instruction manual on how to play better golf and enjoy the game more. It addresses concepts like trust, confidence and positive thinking. I now enjoy those 3-iron punch shots out of the trees. I'm learning to enjoy those 5-footers. Every shot is an opportunity and there's no need for fear or negativity. My "evil caddie" seldom comes around, and when he does, I know what to do. This is simply the best golf book I've ever read.

Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game
Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game by Joseph Parent (Hardcover - May 14 2002)
CDN$ 22.50 CDN$ 16.24