5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book
This is the second book by Grisham I have ever read because his stuff doesn't normally interest me but this book caught my attention and it was well worth reading. At times it was amusing (David running away from a high paying job to work with "has beens" and enjoying life while doing it). This book really proves that money isn't everything. I rate this book 5 stars...
Published on Feb. 2 2012 by D. Paine

2.0 out of 5 stars THe Litigators
I've read every novel that Grisham has ever written and except for Playing for Pizza that is just a horrible book, I've liked all the others to various degrees; I like the lawyers' world Grisham sets his books in and the intrigues that he puts them through. But The Litigators is boring and confusing; there are so many characters and plots and sub-plots playing together...
Published 17 months ago by Carolyn SADL

1.0 out of 5 stars This is no Twilight saga, Dec 17 2013
This review is from: The Litigators (Hardcover)
Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to find a penguin in my pajamas. How he got there I'll never know.

1.0 out of 5 stars My rating on The Litigators by John Grisham, April 29 2013
This review is from: The Litigators (Kindle Edition)
Over the years I had heard about John Grisham's books. I thought I would try one of his most recent stories. Stories by or about lawyers have never impressed me and to read about Finley and Figg constantly bickering and still remain partners did not appeal to me. I thought that the
story line was a bit "thin."

Edwin Warkenttin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, April 14 2013
This review is from: The Litigators (Hardcover)
I have read alot of John Grisham's books. He's a great author with such well developed characters and fully thoughtout story lines. This book of his was one of my favourites. The characters are so very different from one another and all very interesting. An enjoyable read from the first page to the last.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Story with Nasty Teeth, Feb. 23 2013
John M. Ford "johnDC" (near DC, MD USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Litigators (Kindle Edition)
One morning David Zinc walks out on his high-salary job with a high-pressure, high-profile Chicago law firm. He spends the day drinking and somehow ends up at the south-side office of Finley and Figg. He accepts a job as the firm's third attorney and, once he sobers up, decides to keep it. David adapts to a new practice of chasing ambulances, refereeing divorces, and drafting wills. And he is home for dinner with his family most nights.

David's new employers expect an easy win as minor players in a mass tort suit against drug manufactuer Varrick Labs. Krayoxx, one of Varrick's cholesterol drugs, has been linked to several deaths from weakened cardiac muscles. As they eagerly enter the fray, they begin counting--and spending--the anticipated settlement money. It doesn't quite work out that way and David ends up first-chairing an increasingly-desperate courtroom battle against his former law firm. It goes on from there.

Lighter than most Grisham tales, this story has some clever and amusing twists. A few characters turn out to be a little nicer than you expect. There are some well-written bad guys, too. And there's the signature Grisham theme of the little guy ignoring the call of the dollar to mix it up with the big guy's well-financed legal talent.

My daughter and I listened to the audio edition of this book during several weeks of car rides to high school, the gym, and the library. Katie and I both enjoyed her first Grisham book. We've since moved on to The Rainmaker. No regrets about the time spent with either of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story as usual with Mr. Grisham, Feb. 1 2013
This review is from: The Litigators (Kindle Edition)
Good plot, fun characters and well written. Kept me turning pages all the way through. Looking forward to reading his next novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT READ, Jan. 13 2013
ANOTHER WINNER FOR MR GRISHAM, HE IS A GREAT WRITER IN THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ALL THE FACTS. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ALL

3.0 out of 5 stars Tries to be funny and fails, Jan. 10 2013
The story isn't too bad: three ambulance-chasers get in over their heads after launching a class-action lawsuit against a pharmaceutical giant. The characters could have been interesting, as well. Grisham certainly knows his lawyers. But he blows it all to smithereens in the first hundred pages by trying way too hard to be funny. It's like sitting in a comedy club and watching some poor devil dying on stage. Painful.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Litigators by John Grisham, Jan. 5 2013
This review is from: The Litigators (Hardcover)
As with The Racketeer, the book makes for good reading and I did recommend it to
family and friends and neigbors.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boh-ring!, Nov. 21 2012
I am quite a fan of John Grisham, but I have to say this was such a boring book I could barely get through it! No real intrigue, no surprises, just a rather unambitious novel. : )

5.0 out of 5 stars The Litigators, Sept. 14 2012
Another great book by John Grisham. I have read all of his lawyer books, and am thrilled to await a new one!
He is my favorite author! His books keep you coming back for more. He holds your attention and you can't put the books down. They are
easy read, and many have been turned into movies. Nothing like reading the books though.You will enjoy this one, as you will enjoy all his books!

ARRAY(0xaa1dabdc)

The Litigators
The Litigators by John Grisham (Hardcover - Oct. 25 2011)
CDN$ 31.00 CDN$ 19.44