5.0 out of 5 stars David Bach really cares about his readers!
Published on Aug. 11 2003 by catie

1.0 out of 5 stars A Major Disappointment
Published on Jan. 2 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars David Bach really cares about his readers!, Aug. 11 2003
catie (Washington, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I found this book to be extremely helpful in getting my finances in order and making sure my husband and I knew where our money was going. After reading this book we were able to put our goals down on paper and prioritize them so that we could make a plan to consciously attain them. Somehow, we had overlooked the simplicity of putting our future first, as well as paying ourselves first. Implementing these simple concepts have really saved our future.
On a side note, Mr. Bach has gone absolutely out of his way to personally help me. He has analyzed my financial situation and has drafted a personalized plan to help me attain my goals. He did all of this extra work for me on his own time, around my complicated schedule and for FREE. His books have given me great knowledge into investing and prioritizing my financial house, and his personal words of encouragement have made all the difference in the world to my life. As I slowly work my way out of debt, while planning for my future, all I can do is thank God I met Mr. Bach and that he is the wonderful author and kind man that he has proven himself to be. I couldn't have done it without his help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must be read by all women!!!, Aug. 5 2004
This review is from: Smart Women Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Creating a Rich Future [CANADIAN EDITION] (Paperback)
This book should be required reading for all women in their early twenties!!!
It is amazing how little we are taught as women about our finances and few women express financial independence as a life goal, but it is so important!
This book doesn't talk down to the first-time investor or financial planner, but instead shows you how to make better decisions about your finances and work toward your goals of buying a car, a house, taking a trip, and/ or retiring well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for starters, June 25 2003
By A Customer
As Financial Planners I found many of the ideas in the book consistent with what I try to teach my clients.It is a good first step towards financial freedom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, May 21 2003
L. King "isabow" (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This book was a book source for an online course that I took and it's absolutely wonderful! The content is well-written and easy to understand. This book actually makes a lot of sense and is a great asset to my library!

1.0 out of 5 stars A Major Disappointment, Jan. 2 2004
By A Customer
I was a huge David Bach fan before I opened this book. In the past Mr. Bach has served investors well with his books, but this one is a real stinker. I am the president of an all-female investment club and from time to time I am charged with finding books that will help us make money. I got this book hoping just that, but I was very disappointed. Mr. Bach seems to have just placed the scraps from his earlier books into this one and as a result he has done a sloppy job. Much of the book is beefed up with standard reference materials that anyone can find at their local library. The numerous references to web sites and magazines, etc are not something that I would want in a book, since I can find them elsewhere for free. Anyway, I hope in the future that Mr. Bach will be more considerate of his readers and write a book that is new, original, instead of one like this that is boring and unhelpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, Jan. 7 2011
I can't put this book down, which says alot for a financially-oriented book. For a while, I have known that I haven't been managing my finances as well as I could be. This book - right from the first pages - has helped me get more organized and become more knowledgeable about my options, and has given me a wealth of practical information and advice that will help me save for rainy days, retirement and fulfilling my dreams. EVERY woman should read this book, even if you think you're already on top of your finances!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Money Tips!!, Nov. 23 2007
M. McDonald (Canada) - See all my reviews
When I first recieved this book I wasn't too sure about it because I do not know much about money, investing and all that. I thought that the book would be fill with technical terms I wouldn't understand. I WAS WRONG!! I first started reading the book and was immediately drawn in by the wit of the author. He give great examples and tells the odd funny story.

The information in this book is invaluable! There are so many great tips from reducing your spending to actually investing and saving your money! The book is easy to read and follow. I highly recommend it to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it -this book pays for itself, Nov. 6 2005
By A Customer
This book surpassed all my expectations. David is clearly an inspirational speaker. This book changed my life and I read it only a month ago. I feel confident that with the knowledge I have now I can ensure lifelong financial security for myself, my family and have some fun stuff along the way!
Ignore the nay-sayers and read it yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it, Feb. 14 2005
By A Customer
A good book that every woman should take seriously. Learn about money or be dependent the rest of your life. Another excellent book is Stop Working by Rohan Hall. It's also a great book about gaining financial independence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it, April 16 2004
By A Customer
I've read them all, and this book is the best money management guide I've ever had the pleasure to read. It is extraordinary in its clarity and usefullness. The book has plenty of insights and wisdom. Another book that I highly recommend, is "He Never Called Again".

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›