5.0 out of 5 stars Must be read by all women!!!
This book should be required reading for all women in their early twenties!!!
It is amazing how little we are taught as women about our finances and few women express financial independence as a life goal, but it is so important!
Published on Aug. 5 2004 by Susan

1.0 out of 5 stars A Major Disappointment
I was a huge David Bach fan before I opened this book. In the past Mr. Bach has served investors well with his books, but this one is a real stinker. I am the president of an all-female investment club and from time to time I am charged with finding books that will help us make money. I got this book hoping just that, but I was very disappointed. Mr. Bach seems to have...
Published on Jan. 2 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Must be read by all women!!!, Aug. 5 2004
This review is from: Smart Women Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Creating a Rich Future [CANADIAN EDITION] (Paperback)
This book should be required reading for all women in their early twenties!!!
This book doesn't talk down to the first-time investor or financial planner, but instead shows you how to make better decisions about your finances and work toward your goals of buying a car, a house, taking a trip, and/ or retiring well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The First Step on the Road to Financial Stability..., Dec 1 2003
K. Houlihan (Austin, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
David Bach's book is a truly comprehensive guide for anyone (not just women) who never understood the ins and outs of financial planning before. He explains in detail the various different kinds of investments out there, and the pros and cons of each one. Bach also explains how to "diversify" and keep yourself financially secure, while at the same time making your money work hard for you.
Before I read this book, I had a vague idea of how the stock market worked, but I was at a loss when it came to IRAs, Roth IRAs, Living Trusts, Mutual Funds, Money Market Accounts and so on. Now I understand the values of each, as well as the drawbacks.
In the beginning, I was a bit skeptical when a friend handed me her copy, and I cringe a bit when he yells encouraging things in bold type, but I understand that giving you the courage to go out there and invest your money wisely is one of his main goals with this book, so I worked past the cringe points (and there really are very few of them) and enjoyed the book thoroughly.
I'll be graduating from college (with some hefty student loans) soon, and now as I move into the "real" world workforce, I have a plan for my financial future. I'd never read a financial planning book before, so the only information I had came from my father (who, I discovered as I read this book, was just about as clueless as I was). I felt so confident after reading Bach's book, that I plan to give a copy to every family member for Christmas (including the men!)... I think they'd all benefit from Bach's sound and timeless advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lisa L. Siavelis - Avid Reader & Writer, Aug. 22 2003
Absolutely the best financial and inspirational book I have ever read. This is a very personable, well written, understandable, humerous educational read. A man writing for women, where did this guy come from?
I enjoyed the fact David shared with us his own personal experiences, making him immediately "real" and trustworthy to the reader. The author speaks of his grandmother, Rose which instantly allows the reader to recognize this author as a sincere, honest and heart felt man.
I was so impressed by the author that I have put my complete trust in him and have decided to follow his advice to the "T". This is an easy step by step book that anyone can follow. I will keep you posted with the results.
This is a MUST READ for every woman, therefore I have purchased one for my boss, co-worker and sister. I sat my mother (who is visiting me from California) down with Smart Women Finish Rich, she's hooked and she is not even a reader. In addition, I have also ordered Smart Couples Finish Rich for my husband and I to get busy on our plan together.
I have been so uplifted and inspired by this author that I am sharing the good news with every woman I know. I visited the David Bach web-site and signed up to receive his personal newsletter. David shares in his newsletter similar to the way he shares in his book; you feel as if you know him personally and that he truly cares about his audience. The newsletter contains updated information concerning financial matters directly from the author, so be sure to sign up. The site also offers resource information and contact e-mail addresses. I am astonished with the personal response I receive each time I e-mail with a question or comment- What an actual response?
David shares with his audience "how to" and how he did, he offers excellent encouragement and inspiration.
David Bach Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your contributions and sharing your wealth of knowledge with us. Keep up the good work!

5.0 out of 5 stars David Bach really cares about his readers!, Aug. 11 2003
catie (Washington, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I found this book to be extremely helpful in getting my finances in order and making sure my husband and I knew where our money was going. After reading this book we were able to put our goals down on paper and prioritize them so that we could make a plan to consciously attain them. Somehow, we had overlooked the simplicity of putting our future first, as well as paying ourselves first. Implementing these simple concepts have really saved our future.
On a side note, Mr. Bach has gone absolutely out of his way to personally help me. He has analyzed my financial situation and has drafted a personalized plan to help me attain my goals. He did all of this extra work for me on his own time, around my complicated schedule and for FREE. His books have given me great knowledge into investing and prioritizing my financial house, and his personal words of encouragement have made all the difference in the world to my life. As I slowly work my way out of debt, while planning for my future, all I can do is thank God I met Mr. Bach and that he is the wonderful author and kind man that he has proven himself to be. I couldn't have done it without his help.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Personal Finance Book Out There. PERIOD., Sept. 5 2002
By A Customer
I've read about 90 books on personal finance, frugality, etc., in the past year. This is THE BEST. PERIOD. Bach doesn't tell you how to get rich. He talks to you, coaches you, cajoles you to figure out what's really important to you. And then he tells you how to fund those important goals. I've never seen such a beautiful blend of coaching and advice. After reading the couples version of this book, I got my husband to read it, and then we held a "Finance Night" in which we did all the exercises, talked them through, went over our budgets, insurance coverage, etc., and then came up with a 10-step action plan. This book motivated us to do all that! I've since read the version for women and am getting copies for every one in both our families for Christmas. I personally can't remember the specific financial advice Bach gives. Personally, I think financial strategies need to change as events and circumstances change. I don't need a book for specific strategies. I needed a book to help me figure out very specifically what we wanted out of life, and get me motivated to move in that direction! And that's what this book did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent investment book, May 10 2002
Ariel Pawlak (POMPANO BEACH, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I am a 29 year old mother of a two year old girl and my husband and I have our own business. I knew absolutely nothing about investing but I felt that we were getting older and we needed to start thinking about saving for the future. This book has opened up a new world to me. We have very little money and I was scared to risk or needlessly spend what we do have. This book has shown me how to secure our financial future. Before this book I never even considered getting life insurance. After reading this book, the first thing I did was go out and buy a term life policy so my daughter will be protected in case anything happens to my husband or myself. My insurance agent was so impressed at what I knew about life insurance that he told me that 95% of the people he sold insurance to did not have my insurance buying knowledge. I learned everything I knew about life insurance in 20 minutes from reading this book. This book lays out in terms that anyone can understand how to protect your family and make your dreams come true. Being a small business owner I especailly appreciated Davids advice for those of us who are self employed. The best part of this book is the section that shows you do not have to be rich to save and invest. Even those of us with modest incomes can achieve our financial goals. It's all about make wise spending choices. The wisest choice of all would be to buy this book! I can't really say enough good things about it. The only part missing for me was a section on investing for college. I was looking for some advice on how to invest for my daughter's college education. I also bought Suze Orman's book Road to Wealth and this topic is covered quite thoroughly in there. Actually whenever I have a financial decision to make I read the topic in David's book and then follow up with Suze's for a second opinion. They always seem to agree in their own ways and I feel like I am making the best decision I can to secure my family's financial future.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN AMAZING BOOK, April 14 2002
jackie (new york, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I LOVED this book, It really helped me put my financial and future life in order. I am 33 and am a model and have been sort of investing in my future but wasn't sure if I was on the right track. I had tried to read many other books on financial success and ask financial advisors my questions but was always confused and thought the books were a snore. I picked up Davids book at a bookstore and literally could not put it down. It was so insightful, and easy to read, it has many real life instances that we as women can relate to and helps you understand in plain english how to make the most of your life. I know now what to do with my investments and how to make the most of my financial and personal life. I have bought this book for many friends and family, they all love it and are on their way to retiring rich!!!!
Whether you are married or single you as a woman should know everything about your finances and this is a great and easy way to get started on the right track!! It is hard to explain how many ways this book can help your life, its just the best book you could ever read for your present and future wellbeing!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book EVERY WOMAN should read, May 20 2002
I was searching for a book that was informative and easy to read. I browsed many books but decided on this one and it was the best decision I made. This book is full of so much information and useful steps to take to actually get on the road to financial security. I've already given this book to 2 of my girlfriends and have recommended it to every woman I've come in contact with. I can't say enough good things about the book. I've already inplemented many of the saving techniques suggested in the book and I can see my financial situation turning around. It's the best feeling in the world to know that I have control over my financial well being and don't have to depend on anyone or thing to achieve my goal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, May 21 2003
L. King "isabow" (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This book was a book source for an online course that I took and it's absolutely wonderful! The content is well-written and easy to understand. This book actually makes a lot of sense and is a great asset to my library!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely practical and helpful!, Sept. 20 2003
This book not just teaches, but does so in a way that helps you appreciate what you would need to do in your own life in order to finish rich. While most financial books teach you about the "what's", this book encourages you and shows you the "how's", which is pretty important to those who may not know "where to start". David helps you get through your financial worries by helping you understand how to apply his financial advice in your life, starting by "putting your money where your values are". This is truly a great book. Informative, encouraging and inspirational!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›