summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on March 21, 2012
The Winter Palace
Since I bought my Kindle at Amazon, I have nothing but good things to say about Amazon and their services. It is always prompt and the description of the books offered are also very informative in directing my choice in buying my books. The Winter Palace is a very good book for those,like me who loves history with a bit of story in it, and once I started reading the novel, I could not put it down! So, for me, it was a great experience! I enjoyed the book immensely, fictional history being my favourite, and I wasn't disappointed with "The Winter Palace". The author has the ability to make us part of the story, we want to know more and we get it. Just loved this book and I would greatly recommend it! The company Amazon from whom I bought this book is to be commended for such good service.

Louise D. Hebert

Being French Canadian, my English might need some editing,please feel free to do so!
on March 3, 2012
We live in the day and age of Catherine and St Petersburg and see through the eyes of the narrator - a key character in the book.
She keeps us enthralled with the lives of those around her - a great read for lovers of history and good character representation.
The author brings the characters to life for us on the pages of this book.
on April 17, 2012
I just finished reading this book, and enjoyed it very, very much. It gives a lot of accurate period detail of life and royalty in Russia in the mid 1700's. The rise and early reign of Catherine The Great is richly detailed, covering all the Court intrigues and manipulations that lead up to the coup that brought her to the throne. The book is told from the perspective of a female commonor who came into royal service and was used as an internal spy in the palace. It might appeal more to women, especially those interested in royalty or Russian history. Although it is a fictional account, it is based on accurate historial events.
on January 14, 2013
I enjoyed this book so much I ordered copies for two of my daughters. Such a great peek into the life of the Royal family in Russia, a page turner , full of unforgettable characters and real history, hoping to get a sequel right away. Definitely a book I will keep on my shelf and not give away. Attractive cover, too.
on February 20, 2014
Everything I enjoy in a novel history suspense and a great ending. Definiely a good read had a hard time putting it down yet didn't want it to end.
on May 23, 2013
I enjoy history, and this author did a great job, another Book Club read, I'm sure everyone will enjoy this one.
on April 18, 2014
My ancestor Mark Dixon married a woman who was employed as a book binder to a Tzar of Russia .Super Book
on May 27, 2014
It was a real page turner, but nuanced and complex. It also painted a very vivid picture of the time
on January 10, 2015