march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 1, 2016
Captivating and well written.. Highly recommend..
on March 24, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Although fiction but based on real people it prompted me to research Ernest Hemingway and his life including the women in his life. Any book that makes you want more information is a worthy read!
on March 14, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed riding alongside the arrogance and genius of the famous authors and poets of the day. Having a glimpse into their day to day struggles, high and lows, was both inspiring, humbling and human.
on February 12, 2016
great
on February 11, 2016
This book was well written. However I had trouble identifying with the characters especially with Hemingway. This book was meant to represent the characters as they were in "real" life. Not familiar with Hemingway's work I was frustrated with him and felt he was not a nice man. I was motivated to finish it because I really wanted to like him. In the end I was glad I had read it, because I did get a glimpse of that era. Although I had a hard time relating to the "lifestyle" I felt Paula Mclain wrote an honest and interesting story. She made no apologies, nor try to represent Hemingway in any other way than what he was - it is what it is!
on December 31, 2015
Fantastic book. Great story.
on November 26, 2015
Enjoyed this book very much! Bought it after I had read another book from this author.
on November 20, 2015
Paula Mclain writes in a direct style which in its straightforwardness mimics the style of the central character of the novel, Ernest Hemingway. Strangely, I knew Hemingway's family in Michigan many years ago, and can attest to the accuracy of the facts used in this semi-historical novel. The book brought forward not only the character of Hemingway, but the frothy times in which he and his Paris wife lived in that city. The wife's character becomes pivotal to the development of the author's notorious life, and adds a dimension of humanity and realism.
on November 11, 2015
found book too long and it was boring.
on September 17, 2015