4.0 out of 5 stars fun read
dont listen to these pretentious reviewers giving the book 1 or 2 stars. it definitely has classic palahniuk style. very fun read.
Published on April 18 2012 by mike

1.0 out of 5 stars Total disaster
This is one of the worst books I have ever read and sincerely wish there was a zero star rating. Every chapter follows the same recipe. It is like a template. I'm skipping the sequel Doomed.
Published 10 months ago by Herbet Brasileiro

1.0 out of 5 stars Total disaster, Dec 22 2013
Herbet Brasileiro "BNova" (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Damned (Kindle Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a book for the faint of heart, March 15 2014
This review is from: Damned (Kindle Edition)
Just awful, I couldn't even finish it, every time I read it I felt ill. The descriptions were stomach turning & the character was not believable as a 13 year old.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun read, April 18 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Damned boring, Feb. 17 2012
This review is from: Damned (Hardcover)
I cannot stress how I am a devoted Plahniuk fan. Fight Club, Rant, Choke, Survivor, Haunted are all books that are in my library and in very rough shape form overreading. This is not in that league. To call it disapointing would not do it justice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this really you Chuck?, Dec 11 2011
This review is from: Damned (Hardcover)
This book is terrible. I absolutely hated almost every page. It was full of cliches and irritable pronouns that drove me nuts. I'm proud I even read the whole thing! I cannot accept this as a Palahniuk book - Pygmy was hard enough, but this is a whole different side of terrible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, Nov. 4 2013
This review is from: Damned (Hardcover)
Palahniuk is my favourite author and this latest instalment to my library was a great read. Love the angle he takes as the narrator.
I really hope there is a sequel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, Palahniuk keep it up., Feb. 12 2013
This review is from: Damned (Library Binding)
The review that is posted is garbage, just because its long and he has Dr in front of his name does not credit this review. If you enjoy Palahniuks book then you will enjoy this book, enough said.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bizarre, surreal, light-hearted and enlightening take on Hell., Jan. 1 2012
This review is from: Damned (Hardcover)
I'll preface this by saying I haven't read any of Chuck Palahniuk's other books. It seems like the majority of negative reviews about this book are because of how it compares to his other works. Hopefully I can provide a fresh perspective.

I really enjoyed the book; it's the first book I've read for some time that I'd call a "page turner".

To begin with it provides an interesting description of Hell and its organization. Hell is such an interesting idea that any real attempt at describing it: how it would be set up and what eternal damnation would be like, will be interesting. This isn't Dante's version of Hell; this is a bizarre and ever light-hearted take on it. I almost got a cozy summer camp kind of vibe. That's not to say that it isn't thoroughly horrible and disgusting. You also get some interesting information on the history of the concept with some mythology thrown in. All of this alone is almost worth the read.

This book also ended up providing a lot of food for thought about the nature of 'self', free will and society. I actually found it quite enlightening. I don't know if this was the author's intention, but I saw that it could be interpreted from a Buddhist point of view. It was a fresh take on the ageless and inspiring idea of oneness in all things and the illusion of day-to-day life. But again that might just be my interpretation.

Of course the book was very well written, and has a plot that keeps you interested from start to finish.

I very much enjoyed reading it and it has made me want to seek out some of his other books! Give it a shot!

Damned
Damned by Chuck Palahniuk (Hardcover - Oct. 18 2011)
Used & New from: CDN$ 15.79