4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd had this a few years sooner
Published 22 months ago by Krysten

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Advice
I have to admit. I opened this book with much anticpation. I was very disappointed with the advice Mr. Carrick provided to his readers. As a recent graduate from school I thought I could gain some insights into what I could do better with my finances, and did not.

Published 23 months ago by econ101

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd had this a few years sooner, June 26 2012
Krysten (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How Not to Move Back in With Your Parents: The Young Person's Complete Guide to Financial Empowerment (Paperback)
I bought this book and The Smart Cookies' Guide to Making More Dough and Getting Out of Debt: How Five Young Women Got Smart, Formed a Money Group, and Took Control of Their Finances around the same time and found them both helpful. It's too bad that financial literacy wasn't taught when I was at school, as I was pretty much clueless about saving and investing as a young adult.

Ask your kids if they know the difference between an RRSP and a TFSA - if they don't know the answer, they'd probably benefit from reading this book. An interview with the author can be found here [...]

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Advice, May 21 2012

I heartily disagree with the suggestion to not get credit cards during university, and the seeming theme that parents should pay for a large part of their childrens university education. Taking advantage of your parents may be acceptable for the upper income brackets but not for the average family. How not to move back in with yoru parents - make them pay for your education so you can graduate debt free!!! Genious... pure genious. :(

Do not buy the book. Don't spend more than you have, get a job during university and minimize your student debts - and do not drink your face off every weekend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Other thoughts?, March 8 2013
I've rated the book the average of the previous two reviews. Have not read it yet, and will want to browse through it before buying. Btw, it's "genius"...

ARRAY(0xb10edc78)