4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly about Kevin's life
This book gives some pointers and has a couple suggestions for you and me, but it's mostly about how Kevin got rich, and what he had to do to achieve success. I'm pretty sure you will not be able to copy/paste most of his suggestions into your own life, but it might give you some direction if you're an entrepreneur.

I thought this book was more...
Published 19 months ago by Gabriel L'heureux

3.0 out of 5 stars I have read better
This review is from: The Cold Hard Truth On Men, Women and Money (Kindle Edition)
Published 21 months ago by Danielle Aird

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly about Kevin's life, May 20 2013

I thought this book was more "entertainment" then "learning something", and even then, it's more about entrepreneurship than anything else.

Go read The Richest Man in Babylon, Millionaire Teacher and The Wealthy Barber for "personal finance learning".

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful informative read, May 17 2013
This review is from: The Cold Hard Truth On Men, Women and Money (Paperback)
I loved Kevin`s cold hard truth about money and it is the cold hard truth. I have recommended this book to my son who is just starting his career. I wish I had read it 30 years ago! I would be millionaire now.

5.0 out of 5 stars money, life, love and death., March 15 2013
This review is from: The Cold Hard Truth On Men, Women and Money (Paperback)
After listening to an interview with Kevin O'Leary on PBS about this book I knew I would enjoy it before reading it. It's extremely engaging and full of enlightening aspects about money, life, love and death. He explores topics that are difficult but necessary to discuss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, Feb. 17 2013
This review is from: The Cold Hard Truth On Men, Women and Money (Paperback)
My wife and I both really enjoyed this book. There are a lot of practical tips and advice/rules of thumb, and stimulated a lot of conversation about our financial goals, habits, etc.. There is no "Silver Bullet" solution proposed to personal finances or accumulating wealth - as those don't exist!

5.0 out of 5 stars REview for Men, Women and money, Jan. 2 2014
This review is from: The Cold Hard Truth On Men, Women and Money (Paperback)
The best book I have read on money management. I bought one for myself and one for our daughter and grandson. Excellent book that should be read by all grade 12 students, and all university students in their fourth year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, May 6 2013
This review is from: The Cold Hard Truth On Men, Women and Money (Paperback)
Kevin O'Leary was really honest and direct on how you should treat your relationship with money. I have read the book and have passed it on to a few buddies now.

5.0 out of 5 stars the cold hard truth on men, women and money, Feb. 19 2013
This review is from: The Cold Hard Truth On Men, Women and Money (Paperback)
i found this book to be very informative and a great read,for young or old. my two sons are sharing it now. would definately recommend it to all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars With Kevin, there's never a dull moment!, Aug. 3 2014
Kevin writes like he's in the room speaking to you. I found his writing style clear and concise. Kevin weaves his life story into the lessons/point that he's trying to get across. You will not be able to put this book down. Throughout the book there's never a dull moment.

3.0 out of 5 stars I have read better, March 14 2013
Danielle Aird "danie aird" (Kingston Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cold Hard Truth On Men, Women and Money (Paperback)
I must say I am quite disappointed in this book. Nothing new in it. I only read it for curiosity's sake of course, because of O'Leary, the man we love to hate. I was not looking for advice. I borrowed it from the library; I would not spend money on a book on how to save and get rich; that would be oxymoronic... It is one of my rules: if you can borrow it from the library, don't buy it! By all means, do make a commensurate yearly donation to your library though.

I find that the first part, where Mr. O'Leary tells the reader to write down every single expense for three months, is totally unrealistic. No one, just no one is going to do that except someone who is already extremely disciplined with money and therefore doesn't need the advice.

I found nothing very original in the book. However, it will sell because these books are like dieting books and other self-help books; people who need to lose weight or to make money are addicted to them; it never changes their life but they feel better while they read the book and plan on using its techniques.

Too many typos in the book reminds us that editing isn't what it used to be, and even one sentence whose meaning just doesn't make sense: P188 (by the way, a few areas of the book don't even have page numbers; this is one of them.) "Even if living on one income for a few months will save you thousands of dollars in transportation costs, it might be worth it to forgo daycare." I think it was meant to be: "Not only will living...."
Where are the proofreaders? the editors?

If someone else than Mr O'Leary had written this book, (someone without connections to publishing houses), as Kevin has so often said to those he judges undeserving of his money, I would tell him: "don't quit your day job." One thing the book proves is that the first thing you need in the business world, including the publishing world, is connections. Take my advice: save your money; if you are curious just because it's him, just check your library. And, if you really want a good book about money, even though it was written many years ago, do read The Wealthy Barber; that was one good book with realistic advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Important lesson from a shark star, April 8 2014
Well, it's a very interesting book and unique perspective way of thinking about life, money, relationship. It's such a valuable lesson for young generation to take. It's pretty much easy to understand the contents.....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Cold Hard Truth On Men, Women and Money
The Cold Hard Truth On Men, Women and Money by Kevin O'Leary (Paperback - Dec 18 2012)
CDN$ 22.95 CDN$ 16.57