Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store NFL Tools

Revolutionary Chinese Cookbook: Recipes From Hunan Province
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$29.25+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star)show all reviews
Ms Dunlop's other book, 'The Land of Plenty' is, as I expressed in my review of it, one of the best cuisine books in my collection (and I have over two hundred).

I do prefer the first book over this latest one, but that is in no way a criticism of it's quality; rather, just a function of my personal preference for Szechuan over Hunanese cuisine.

I have little interest in cookery books that are simply just collections of recipes. Like her first effort, this book is rich with historical, cultural and linguistic information connected with the cuisine being discussed. My only negative criticism is that I especially love books that have a photograph, or photographs, of each dish for which there is a recipe... this book, and the earlier one, have lots of pix but not for each dish. STILL... that's a minor criticism.

C. John Thompsom
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on June 27, 2014
All recipes are set out so well. They are written for your success. I have another of Ms. Dunlop's books, and I have only had great results and many complements. I will be ordering another of her books. The setup of these books are reminiscent of the late Barbara Tropp's books.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Land of Plenty: A Treasury Of Authentic Sichuan Cooking
Land of Plenty: A Treasury Of Authentic Sichuan Cooking by Fuchsia Dunlop (Hardcover - May 27 2003)
CDN$ 26.21

Every Grain of Rice: Simple Chinese Home Cooking
Every Grain of Rice: Simple Chinese Home Cooking by Fuchsia Dunlop (Hardcover - Feb. 5 2013)
CDN$ 28.33

Mastering the Art of Chinese Cooking
Mastering the Art of Chinese Cooking by Eileen Yin-Fei Lo (Hardcover - Oct. 15 2009)
CDN$ 44.99