march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on June 7, 2008
Ms Dunlop's other book, 'The Land of Plenty' is, as I expressed in my review of it, one of the best cuisine books in my collection (and I have over two hundred).

I do prefer the first book over this latest one, but that is in no way a criticism of it's quality; rather, just a function of my personal preference for Szechuan over Hunanese cuisine.

I have little interest in cookery books that are simply just collections of recipes. Like her first effort, this book is rich with historical, cultural and linguistic information connected with the cuisine being discussed. My only negative criticism is that I especially love books that have a photograph, or photographs, of each dish for which there is a recipe... this book, and the earlier one, have lots of pix but not for each dish. STILL... that's a minor criticism.

C. John Thompsom
on June 27, 2014
All recipes are set out so well. They are written for your success. I have another of Ms. Dunlop's books, and I have only had great results and many complements. I will be ordering another of her books. The setup of these books are reminiscent of the late Barbara Tropp's books.