5.0 out of 5 stars A Life-Changing Transformational Work...
My business coach assigned me to read "The Soul Of Money" and so my attitude going in was akin to when I was in nineth grade and TOLD to read "The Outsiders" by my English teacher.

By the time I had finished reading the introduction and chapter one I was hooked -I couldn't put it down!

When I got to chapter five I started having difficulty holding...
Published on June 1 2007 by George Watson

Published on April 15 2011 by Siyi Qiu

5.0 out of 5 stars A Life-Changing Transformational Work..., June 1 2007
George Watson (Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soul Of Money (Paperback)

When I got to chapter five I started having difficulty holding back the tears. It really touched moved and inpired me!

Lynne talks about how there is a "conversation" going on in the world called "scarcity" and how we have ALL bought into it. She says that scarcity has three mindsets: 1. There's not enough, 2. More is better, and 3. That's just the way it is. She discusses how these mindsets rip us off as human beings and how they take from us, how they produce suffering in our lives and effect -not just money- but every area of our lives.

The alternative conversation is one called "sufficiency" and has a mindset that says, "there's enough ALREADY for all that I NEED." Once you change the conversation into one of sufficiency then you start to become free from the power and hurtfulness of scarcity.

The significance of the mindset of scarcity hit me right after reading chapter five. I hardly made it to the end of the chapter when I started just weeping. My life will never be the same because of this book. I only hope that others will take Lynne's message as seriously as myself and apply it to their lives. This book has made it into my top five of all time!

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting stories but inadequate guidance or calls of actions, April 15 2011
This review is from: Soul Of Money (Paperback)
I was drawn to purchase this book based on the reviews given here. The stories about Ms. Lynne Twist in the book are fascinating and I truly appreciate the efforts she had put into solving world hunger crisis and the accomplishment she has achieved. It is also an eye opener for me to understand there is another to help the poor people in a poor country, i.e. don't just simply give them the money but to be careful with how your money is used to encourage the recipients to help themselves. Alleviate pain in the short term with the aids is ok but we can create a chronic beggar out of our aids in the long run. I will look closely at how my chosen charity utilize my donation to help people who are willing to help themselves.
The reason I gave 3 stars to the book is throughout my reading, the book appears an autobiography to me with not so linear timeline. I understand Ms. Twist pieced all her interesting stories to support her "soul of money" analysis but she failed to make a strong statement about what exactly is the soul of money. In addition, she also failed to provide an explicit guidance on how to actually live a fulfilled life with money as an ordinary person. I was expecting more actionable instructions for myself. I was drawn to her stories for the first half of the book but just skimmed through the 2nd half because to keep reading had become a bit boring.
Again, an interesting autobiography, absolutely. An enlightened spiritual perspective on money, not so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul of money, Dec 2 2012
This review is from: Soul Of Money (Paperback)
Excellent condition. no complaints. This copy was slightly more expensive than some but the book is so valuable for my work that I ws happy to pay it. Lynn Twist is remarkable!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book can help us change the soul of our nation/world, Nov. 11 2003
John Inman "Learning Conversations" (Redmond, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soul Of Money (Hardcover)
The Soul of Money is fully worth the praise it is getting and far more. Rooted in sufficiency and backed by moving stories situated throughout the world, this book will inspire you, enlighten you, give you hope, and certainly will make you cry.
If this book can help those of us who have been siting on the fence looking for the motivation to invest our souls in the transformation of this world, join those who are engaged in this effort, I believe that we truly can change the world. I believe that Lynn's message is one to help move all of us into activism, whether it is quiet or out there.
My personal commitment is to engage. Lynne asked me at her book signing during a conversation if I had invested in the Pachamama Alliance. I had been taking the newsletter but did not believe I was in a position to participate. I had to say no and I felt small knowing that I could have but did not participate. Oh I had my excuses, many of us do. I made a commitment to invest and I did. First a small donation to the Pachamama Alliance; then a visit to the adoption agency from which I was blessed with my little girl from India; next calls to NGO's working in the Telangana in India looking for ways to donate my time; and finally a commitment to bring Lynne to Yamhill County Oregon for a fundraiser, workshop and a book signing.
Yes I am moving out of my comfort zone of non-action and it is based on Lynne and her inspiring message. Please read this book, yes, but more than that, please join me in taking action to transform our nation and world.
Thank you Lynne for your great work though out the world and for funneling your experiences and insights into this great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love it., March 15 2011
This review is from: Soul Of Money (Paperback)
This is my first review I ever have written and I have to write it because I think the message Lynn is giving us in her book should spread fast and reach as many people as possible. I am a German and my language skills are not good enough to praise the book as I would like. One of Lynn's mayor topics is the shift from a culture and mindset of insufficiency to one of sufficiency. This message has reached my soul and I highly recommend to read this book if you want to understand the world of money and want to tranform your own relationship with money.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, Nov. 19 2003
Chauncey Bell (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soul Of Money (Hardcover)
To read The Soul of Money is to sit down and have a memorable, life-altering conversation with an extraordinary, courageous, deeply thoughtful and committed soul. Lynne speaks intimately and passionately from each page. The book does a beautiful job of untangling the mess in which almost all of us have learned about money, and then offers important opportunities and challenges to each of us about ways to enrich our lives and those of all around us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raise your money consciousness, Nov. 10 2003
P. Lozar "plozar" (Santa Fe, NM USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soul Of Money (Hardcover)
Most of us think that we understand the facts of money: money is good, lack of money is bad; having more money is better than having less money; competition and scarcity are normal because it's a jungle out there; the way to cure economic depression and hunger is to throw more money at the problem; and so on. But these aren't "facts" in the sense of objective realities; rather, they stem from attitudes towards money that are so ingrained in our culture that they rarely intrude into our consciousness.
This book is an eye-opener: as a highly successful fund-raiser and representative for the Hunger Project, Lynne Twist has worked with everyone from Amazon tribal members to CEOs of multi-billion-dollar corporations. Her sensitivity and willingness to listen have given her insight into the real-life consequences of our attitudes towards money (and resources in general). The money consciousness that she propounds in this book is transformative, but it's based on a breadth of experience that makes her conclusions convincing -- for instance, she's worked in real jungles, and the "law of the jungle" is NOT the way they actually operate!
Despite the many well-chosen anecdotes, this book deals primarily in generalizations. But that's appropriate: the author's purpose is to make us aware of our attitudes towards money, and suggest how changing these attitudes can transform the way we go about solving some of the world's most vexing problems. This book deserves not only to be read, but taken to heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Refreshing View of Money and our Relationship to it., Nov. 2 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Soul Of Money (Hardcover)
Money can be a wonderful slave or a terrible taskmaster.
It's not about what you have but how you use what you have.
This book gave me a new insight into looking at money differently.
Rather than just accumulate and hold onto it, how about letting it flow. This feels a lot lighter and more freeing.
I would recommend it no matter how much or how little money you have.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book to Be Read at Many Stages of Life, Oct. 7 2003
Barbara Holmes (Bay Area (California)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soul Of Money (Hardcover)
Personal and practical, this thought-provoking book offers a fundamental wisdom that draws you into a larger perspective on the subject of money - a perspective beyond the everyday.

Reading The Soul of Money, you can see the enormous influence that money has on all of us - from affecting our tiniest interactions to shaping who we are, the relationships we have, and how we live our lives.

Recalibrating your relationship with money is not just a one-time process. This is a book to read again and again at various stages of your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, Oct. 6 2003
M. Rach (Minnesota) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soul Of Money (Hardcover)
I thought this was a very insightful book. I would recommend it.

Soul Of Money
Soul Of Money by Teresa Barker (Paperback - Oct. 17 2006)
CDN$ 20.00 CDN$ 14.44