5.0 out of 5 stars A Reader-Friendly Primer
Published 17 months ago by G. Poirier

3.0 out of 5 stars Book is so-so, product came as advertised!
I thought the book did a fine job of explaining basic principles of economics and tied them into contemporary events, but I wasn't floored (overly entertained?) by the content ... to be expected I suppose! However, the book arrived on time and in great shape, so I recommend the seller.
Published 6 months ago by Don Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars A Reader-Friendly Primer, March 8 2013
G. Poirier (Orleans, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Naked Economics (Paperback)
I read this book because I knew nothing about economics, except for the usual stuff one learns through the media. Consequently, due to the current economic climate, I felt the need to learn at least the very basics in a relatively painless way. This book was perfect in that regard. I chose this particular book because I was familiar with the author, having read and truly enjoyed his excellent "Naked Statistics".

In about 325 pages of text, the author succeeds, I believe, in conveying to any interested reader the basics of the various balancing acts that form the essence of economics from many different perspectives. I still don't know enough about this field to know whether the author was exhaustive in covering all the angles but what he did cover certainly satisfied my own curiosity. Although I did learn a great deal from this book, I did find some parts a bit more challenging than others; consequently, I would probably benefit from reading it again.

The author's prose is very friendly, lively, clear, often humorous and captivating. The book contains no formulas, no math, no figures, no tables or charts; in my case, I would have preferred to see some. However, as it is, this book can be both enjoyed and appreciated by any interested reader and could probably be used as a supplementary reference in a first course in economics.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book is so-so, product came as advertised!, Jan. 31 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for making me that much smarter, July 8 2013
This review is from: Naked Economics (Paperback)
This book is so much more than a book on economics. Its a book on critical thinking/reasoning related to economics. It was a welcome surprise that the author doesn't dumb down any topics and goes to such depth to explain topics critically. This is not a 'Economics for dummies' book (nothing wrong with that). It is a well written, and accessible book for all readers interested in understanding our global situation.

I suggest this book to anyone that wants to exercise their brain and view economic topics critically with multiple view points.

ps. I also loved his other book 'Naked Statistics' which I've read first and brought me to Naked Economics. I will be looking for anything more coming out from this author. Much praise and very well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 17 2014
This review is from: Naked Economics (Paperback)
I can't put this book down

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, Oct. 23 2012
This review is from: Naked Economics (Paperback)
It was a great introduction to economics without any of the math I have no use for. It really met my expectations, I would recommend it to anyone picking up their first or second book about economics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for anyone who's interested in economics, Sept. 4 2012
This review is from: Naked Economics (Paperback)
Except for the chapter on the fnancial system (market) which I think shuopld been more critisized, this book is a great read and went over my expectations in terms of coverage and knowledge. Greatly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, Oct. 14 2011
This review is from: Naked Economics (Paperback)
Wonderful book. Explains basic economics idea using many interesting examples. Strongly recommend for people at entry level in economics. word count sucks by the way.

Naked Economics
Naked Economics by Charles Wheelan (Paperback - March 30 2010)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.00