march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis vpcflyout sports Music Deals Store Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 20, 2015
Odd and gripping
on March 31, 2015
I've been a fan of C Palahniuk for years and only read this one recently. Very enjoyable romp. I read it soon after reading another 'Black Box' by Jennifer Egan and 'Vortex' by Lucas Green. The three stories complemented one another nicely, in styles as much as in content, and I'd recommend all three of them.
on August 20, 2014
Just like all of his novels, Survivor is less linear than most fictional novels. A light read, but definitely worth picking up. I really enjoy Chuck Palahniuk's writing. I would consider this one of his better works, although nothing can reach books like Fight Club and Choke (obviously just my opinion).
on January 16, 2014
One of my favorites by Palahniuk after Fight Club.
Amazingly written, but not for those without a bit of a dark sense of humor!
on June 6, 2013
Received product within the estimated time and at a great price. Excellent book to boot. Definitely a great way to order your favorite or new books.
on April 29, 2013
Product arrived really quick with no issues. Condition was exactly as advertised, if not better. The book itself is fantastic and I haven't been able to put it down. Really interesting take on a concept i've never seen before.
on September 16, 2011
I have read a lot of books and a lot of Chuck's books and I have never come across anything so over hyped. This book is aweful, don't waste you time or money. Boring, so boring... Imagine the movie Kingpin only full of meaningless fill and diatribes, with characters that still don't learn anything from the experience. Someone here said it was better than fight club? Maybe if you don't like fighting? The characters were barely developed, more effort was put into house cleaning tips than plot. This seems like it was a short story expanded out into a waste of my time novel.

The plot isn't even remotely believable and neither is the background story. Cults don't send their members away, and children don't become sexless slaves from being exposed to child birth - chidren havn't always been so sheltered from such things. It's a pathetic foundation for a writter of this supposed calibre.

I have never been this disapointed in a piece of writting.

Don't buy this....read the Raw Shark Texts instead, its hard to put down not hard to pick up.
on May 9, 2010
I ordered this book off of EBAY because I love it so much and could never find a secondhand copy in any bookstore (as if Chapters is getting any of my money)
I read fight club, invisible monsters and choke and would say the rest could all be skipped. Seriously, invisible monsters was written first and was only printed after fightclub because they thought it wasnt marketable. Choke has some funny parts, but overall doesnt quite make the cut (and the movie is worse) and fight club is one of those rarities where the movie is actually better. In the book they have marla's mother sending her fat in the mail which they make into soap and there is this large ensuing freakout on marla's part.
Now, survivor. I love the bitter way the author writes, I love the plot twists and I even learned how to clean things and remove stains!
Palahniuk's best book, ever.
period.
on February 8, 2008
If you enjoy reading page after page of phoney methods for removing "x" type of stain from "Y" surface, then you might like this book. For me it was utterly painful and left me wondering how did this book ever get published? The settings presented are a pathetic attempt to shock the mind and the overall theme, or lack of, is plain annoying.

A friend recomended this novel and I now feel compelled to disuade anyone and everyone from reading this book.
on December 13, 2007
Well, Mr Palahniuk certainly had a short stay on the tower of good writers. He lasted for all of one book, his publishing debut 'Fight Club', better know as the homoerotic favorite movie of every pretentious jock in Universities all across the globe. While 'Survivor' isn't a bad book, it certainly is the beginning of his formulaic pandering to the MySpace crowds. He is the R.L. Stine of angst filled young adults. There is enough to like in this book for it to be worth checking out, but don't expect too much.