countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 31, 2001
The nice thing about the Pantheon edition is that the translation tends to be quite literal, so it's a very good one for someone learning German to use side-by-side with the original. (Plus the stories are great!)
Oh, and by the way: The Brothers Grimm were not folklorists, but linguists (besides making a huuuge German dictionary, they were the ones showed that German, English, Dutch, etc. are related to Greek and Latin). The reason they collected folktales is because they were looking for dialect-specimens and this is an old linguists' trick--you get a much purer version of speech in the (linguistically) relaxed folktales than you do in interviews.
on July 3, 2015
I don't know if this is real leather or not, but if it is, holding the flayed skin of an animal has never felt so good.

Absolutely beautiful book, and my only problem with it was how protective I was of it when I had it out. The gold paint on the pages do seem to come off, but that's more because of my sweaty hands and less of the actual book.
on June 19, 2003
Much has been written about the content of the stories and comments regarding violence and harshness have been discussed. Today's "wordly-wise" young people see this sort of thing on television and in the movies. Reading classics written years ago, as fairy tales is both educational and enlightening. Not for the very young, but certainly stories pre-teens and young teens can find interesting. I read them as a pre-teen and they still linger on today. Don't be afraid of Grimm's Fairy Tales. They are enduring classics through the ages!
Evelyn Horan - author
Jeannie, A Texas Frontier Girl Books One - Three
on June 18, 2014
I wanted many many many Grimm stories, and I got them. As far as I know most are original, for the most part. Many entertaining and perfect for a quick read while waiting or just because!!! Perfect for re reading to yourself, or sharing with others
on January 8, 2015
It's a great read and I love that the collection shows our modern day fairy tales the way they were meant to be! Only minor thing I didn't like was that I had to download the Kindle App just to read it as I couldn't get it to work with my current e-reader.
on July 6, 2016
This Edition is so gorgeous. It has that old timey feel to it that makes you feel like you're holding a key to history in your hands. Beautifully put together, for anyone who loves the Brother Grimm original work this is a must buy!
on June 19, 2013
I bought this book as a birthday present and am very happy with it! It has a great look to it and the ribbon bookmark and gold tipped pages add a nice touch to the genuinity of the book. This is definetily a collectible type looking book. The only thing is I would have maybe liked if the cover looked more ages since it is a classic afterall, but that will definetly come with lots of use out of it!
on July 2, 2014
In (almost) perfect condition, just some minor dents on the front of the pages. Beautiful cover, strong spine, soft pages, excellent stories and product all around. Awesome book by all meanings and delivered fast. Great buy.
on January 31, 2014
Beautiful cover! the pages are thin and might be a bit easy to rip. I find that the stories are translated the way they should be. Great book for anyone considering buy the complete grimm's tales.
on January 3, 2014
I'm having a great time reading these stories to my eleven year old daughter at bedtime. She's fascinated by the stories and it helps expand her vocabulary as she asks me what some of the words mean. The binding is nice, the book looks great and the fact that it has all the Brothers Grimm stories in one compilation is nice.