Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(1 star).Show all reviews
on January 2, 2015
After reading Micheal Connely, Raymond Chandler was a bit disappointing ...
A bit too far fetched for my taste. Different era...
on July 2, 2003
I read this book because it was a choice for a book group I'm in and I was excited to read such an historically important novel. However, I was very dissappointed. I tried to like the book, but I was completely bored and could not even finish it. There was so suspense, the characters were flat and undeveloped, and I couldn't get past the misogyny/racism/etc. The book was entirely devoid of any emotion at all. It provides an interesting historical look into that society, but other than that, I could not have enjoyed it less. I think part of the problem was that this theme has been improved upon so much over the years, it is hard to look back at the beginning and enjoy it.
on January 14, 2004
Review of the book The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
What was the point, January 14, 2004
Reviewer: Sleepy-head, from Nowhere
I know that the setting of this book was set way back in the 1920s, but why was this book so boring? Even literature back then was even at least somewhat interesting. I know that this book is a classic mystery novel, but there was really no riveting mystery involved. At least there was a little mystery involved, though. To give it some credit, Chandler's uses of similes were great in some areas, but he used them way to often. This book was very boring in my opinion. There is nothing exciting about it. It really was a 'Big Sleep.'