5.0 out of 5 stars If you have ADD, this is a fun way to look at it!
This is definitely one of my favorites! It is a book that is different than most and is very enjoyable. Allows kids (and multi-tasking parents) to see the importance of staying on task.
Published on April 7 2002 by Karen Sanders

2.0 out of 5 stars one of my least favorite suess books
I ADORE Dr. Seuss. In fact, I'm pretty sure that his work is the source of a sizeable chunk of my love for language in general, and for poetry. In fact, I think my love for Shakespeare started as a child, with Dr. Suess. This stuff was really profound for me.
Published on July 7 2001 by KD Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have ADD, this is a fun way to look at it!, April 7 2002
Karen Sanders (Port Orchard, WA) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars one of my least favorite suess books, July 7 2001
KD Jones (mars, truck, dust) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hunches in Bunches (Hardcover)
But I have to say, if Geisel really did write this one, he was NOT in top form. The music of his language is missing - some of the verses are downright clunky, and the usual depth is lost in horrific lines like "... together we'll trot to some real cool spot and play a few video games."
Maybe he was trying to be contemporary. And some of the illustrations here really ARE wonderful, but I have to say, this Seuss lover (who now spends as much as an hour and a half a day reading the stuff to his own daughter, who love it) finds this one way off the mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking Charge of Internal Debates, Feb. 22 2001
Donald Mitchell "Jesus Loves You!" (Thanks for Providing My Reviews over 122,000 Helpful Votes Globally) - See all my reviews
(#1 HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hunches in Bunches (Hardcover)
Children usually do not realize that the internal dialogue in the mind is a source of confusion and distraction for almost everyone. The great strength of this book is to make that psychological reality tangible and to address ways to deal with it. You also give the parent a chance to share her or his perspective on internal voices. The book's key point is that you should consider all the perspectives that occur to you, compare them, and choose a good one to pursue.
"Do you ever sit and fidget
when you don't know what to do . . . ?"
"My trouble was I had a mind.
But I couldn't make it up."
"Oh, you get so many hunches . . . ."
In the story, the hunches include one to do homework, another to go play video games, yet another to fix the rusting bicycle, while another suggests a bathroom break. As the hunches build, the decision gets harder. Thinking about it just adds more hunches.
The key point is:
"Make your mind up! . . .
Only you can make your mind up!"
The suggested method is to split yourself into several people and to decide what to do by letting each one represent a hunch. To me, that's a variation on the Benjamin Franklin method of putting each choice down on a piece of paper with a list of the pros and cons for each. Then compare the lists.
If everyone learned that method at a young age, it would be wonderful! A lot of adults still need to learn this lesson, so don't limit your gift giving of this book to youngsters!
After you finish this book, I suggest that you encourage your child to verbalize his or her urges. Then talk to her or him about how he or she is sorting it all out.
Take the best choice, rather than the most impulsive one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunches in Bunches, April 21 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Hunches in Bunches (Hardcover)
This book is great for children. It was my little sister'sfavorite for years.

ARRAY(0xa906839c)

Hunches in Bunches
Hunches in Bunches by Dr. Seuss (Hardcover - Oct. 12 1982)
CDN$ 19.95 CDN$ 14.40