4.0 out of 5 stars Good discussion of nail biting.
Good discussion of nail biting. Does not make the kid feel bad for having a bad habit - very careful to talk about it being a habit and how habits are very hard to break. Still, my daughter continues to bite her nails :( we have tried lots of things...
Published 9 days ago by Shangrila Ottawa

3.0 out of 5 stars Good children's book, but puts ideas in kids' heads
Published on July 19 2004 by Laura K. Matelski

4.0 out of 5 stars Good discussion of nail biting., July 14 2014
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Bad Habit (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good children's book, but puts ideas in kids' heads, July 19 2004
Laura K. Matelski (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Bad Habit (Paperback)
As always, Stan and Jan Berenstain do an excellent job writing an entertaining children's story. They add a lesson to it, but I wouldn't feel right not saying this book can actually put the idea of nail biting into a child's head. I am a 20 year old confirmed nail-biter, and reading this book in Kindergarden was my first introduction to it. I still rate it 3 stars because it is well written and entertaining, but this lesson may entice some children rather than get them to avoid a bad habit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard To Break., Sept. 8 2002
tvtv3 "tvtv3" (Sorento, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Bad Habit (Paperback)
Bad habits are hard to break is a lesson that many adults don't even know very well. Most young children don't even have a clue what a habit is, let alone know the difference between a bad habit and a good one. This edition of The Berenstain Bears not only explains what a habit is, it also illustrates the difference between good and bad habits, and offers a helpful way how possibly to break a bad habit youngsters may have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever and meaningful!, Sept. 22 2000
mom from Phoenix (Phoenix, Arizona USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Bad Habit (Paperback)
Once again Stan and Jan have made a complex issue simple for the child. I love the way they explain what a habit is and why it is hard to break. Sister's bad habit is biting her nails but we substitute whatever we want (nose picking etc.)and our children (age 2 and 6) roar with laughter as they learn that a habit isn't easy to quit...but you can do it with practice. We love this book. I even gave it to a college student who bites her nails and she loves it too.

1.0 out of 5 stars cute artwork, but author is not a story teller, Dec 9 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Berenstain Bears and the Bad Habit (Paperback)
This book is tedious, uninteresting, and hard for kids to understand. There are way too many words. When we finally get to the boring conclusion, the kids don't even understand it. Too bad the cute pictures aren't paired up with an interesting, creative story.

The Berenstain Bears and the Bad Habit
The Berenstain Bears and the Bad Habit by Jan Berenstain (Paperback - Aug. 12 1987)
CDN$ 5.99 CDN$ 5.69